Page 1 of 1

Swiss Chalet's Festive Special coupon

Posted: Nov 17th, 2010 3:06 pm
by umop
Swiss Chalet is once again holding their annual Festive Special where, if you buy the Festive Special, you get a Buy One, Get One Free coupon redeemable in January 2011.

Except this year, they've added a wonderful new condition:

[QUOTE]Free Quarter Chicken Dinner of equal or lesser value to the one purchased when any two beverages are also purchased. Valid during January 2011 from Monday to Thursday. Dining Room only. Not valid for TakeOut, Delivery, or any other offer. Valid at participating locations. Maximum value of $9.39. No cash value. Original coupon required.[/QUOTE]

Not a huge deal I guess, but I'm sure it'll catch people off-guard. How much are drinks there anyways? What's their cheapest drink? They say any two drinks, so can you get two milks or something? And why are they making you buy two drinks? You get unlimited refills when you buy pop.

Christmas time was the only time I went there, specifically for this coupon, but now I don't know.

Any bargain hunters feel the same way?

Re: Swiss Chalet's Festive Special coupon

Posted: Nov 17th, 2010 3:23 pm
by kennyhohoho
I've always felt Swiss Chalet to be overpriced. Especially now with so many grocery stores doing a whole BBQ chicken for 7-9 bucks.

Haven't been to Swiss Chalet in years. Probably a good ten years since the last time I went.

Posted: Nov 17th, 2010 3:35 pm
by abiaandrews
Swiss Chalet gave me food poison, needless to say I will never go back.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 2:27 am
by Bookpreviews
[quote="abiaandrews" post_id="11885973" time="1290026103" user_id="342582"]Swiss Chalet gave me food poison, needless to say I will never go back.[/QUOTE

The last 3 times I gave Swiss Chalet a chance when i ordered the hot chicken sandwich there was bones in it, had to pick my sandwich appart just to eat it.
Complained and did get a credit,but still thats not right.

Local pizza place has a really good hot chicken sandwich...but it is $12 though :(
-you get 2x as much white meat as Swiss tho.

I was also told by the manager of the Foodbasics beside my place that the BBQ chickens they sell now are the exact same ones Loeb and Metro sells for more.
Haven't tried those yet,but they are quite cheap.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 7:26 am
by Kenny Blankenship
Bookpreviews wrote: and what does this have to do with Swiss Chalet's Festive Special coupon?

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 9:28 am
by M08006899
Bookpreviews wrote:
A&P, Metro, Food Basics, all the same company

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 10:54 am
by EnGros
umop wrote: why are they making you buy two drinks? You get unlimited refills when you buy pop.

Buy one get one free.

That means two meals. That means two people. That's why two drinks.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 11:42 am
by LNahid2000
I went to Swiss Chalet the other day and the waitress was really pushy trying to get me to pay an extra $3 for the festive special because it was an $8 value. I didn't get it because I knew about all the restrictions but man that waitress was pushy.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 12:20 pm
by abiaandrews
I'm just trying to encourage people not to eat at Swiss Chalet, save them from some agonizing pain.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 12:27 pm
by gilboman
abiaandrews wrote: I'm just trying to encourage people not to eat at Swiss Chalet, save them from some agonizing pain.

you might as well tell people not to eat, and what you are saying without anything to back it up is probably borderline if not outright slander.

food poisoning takes place upto 72hrs after you consumed the food that is the culprit

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 1:37 pm
by ishq88
abiaandrews wrote: I'm just trying to encourage people not to eat at Swiss Chalet, save them from some agonizing pain.

some people like swiss chalet. We all have different taste buds.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 9:18 pm
by Bookpreviews
Kenny Blankenship wrote:
Some people were saying "get grocery store chicken instead"
just pointed out that other grocery stores have cheaper bbq chicken-people on rfd are always looking food good deals.
Which means that if you were to go get grocery store chicken I'm not sure what else is a cheaper one.

The only way I'll be getting anything from Swiss Chalet is if someone pays me to eat there.
Or if I happen to use my SPC card and get the free appetizer when you eat it.

I really don't get what is so good about Swiss chalet Festive Special-it is all canned and prepackaged items and not really that great.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2010 9:41 pm
by Justine
EnGros wrote: Buy one get one free.

ya makes sense to me. I love the "free" lindor chocolates that you get with this too.

Posted: Nov 19th, 2010 3:53 pm
by umop
EnGros wrote: Buy one get one free.

One person can't eat two dinners? Their quarter chickens aren't huge.

And what if I just want water?

Posted: Nov 19th, 2010 5:59 pm
by Regnimal
Then don't go. Those are the terms of the coupon, if you don't like those terms, stay home and eat a bucket of Popeye's.

Posted: Nov 19th, 2010 8:53 pm
by dmdsoftware2
I'm curious. What happens if you take a coupon to a Swiss Chalet Express? The Swiss Chalet Express stores are selling the festive meal with the coupon, and they are promoting the coupon, so it would make no sense that trying to redeem one in January at an express location would be denied, correct?

Posted: Nov 19th, 2010 8:54 pm
by dmdsoftware2
Bookpreviews wrote:
I remember the times when you could stack the free appetizers. I think it was a printed coupon in a flyer or something like that. I remember for two years straight I was getting free perogies AND free crispy ribs. Those were the days.

Posted: Nov 20th, 2010 10:39 pm
by stanleylai
umop wrote: One person can't eat two dinners? Their quarter chickens aren't huge.

And what if I just want water?

You cant lol ,thats what people did last year since water is free. 2 quarter chickens and with water=$10