• Feb 13th, 2015 8:56 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 25, 2014
165 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Switched from Bell to Rogers Internet, Can't send email on Outlook

I switched from Bell to Rogers internet, the internet itself is working fine, but my outlook now can't send out email.

I searched online, and changed the email account setting SMTP to smtp.broadband.rogers.com already (before the SMTP was the bell server), but it still can't send outgoing mail. (receiving is fine)
Is there anything else I needed to do...?? Am I missing something?
11 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
3379 posts
710 upvotes
North Etobicoke
stanleyt wrote: I switched from Bell to Rogers internet, the internet itself is working fine, but my outlook now can't send out email.

I searched online, and changed the email account setting SMTP to smtp.broadband.rogers.com already (before the SMTP was the bell server), but it still can't send outgoing mail. (receiving is fine)
Is there anything else I needed to do...?? Am I missing something?
is the outgoing port sent to 465 under advance
Oct 25, 2014
165 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Menthol wrote: is the outgoing port sent to 465 under advance
just checked
yup, outgoing server SMTP: 465
Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL

Incoming POP3 110
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
361 upvotes
You need to set up credentials for sending too.
Oct 25, 2014
165 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
arm2000 wrote: You need to set up credentials for sending too.
how do you do that..? And what credentials are we talking about?

before with bell, I didn't see any particular setup beside the SMTP server??
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
361 upvotes
stanleyt wrote: how do you do that..? And what credentials are we talking about?

before with bell, I didn't see any particular setup beside the SMTP server??
I don't have Outlook in front of me now to tell you exactly, look under Sending email settings. You need to set up a password for sending, like you do for receiving, I don't remember if it's the same as the one for receiving I think it is.
Actually the settings are: OutgoingServer
-> ... requires authentication
-> ... use same settings as incoming server
Oct 25, 2014
165 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
arm2000 wrote: I don't have Outlook in front of me now to tell you exactly, look under Sending email settings. You need to set up a password for sending, like you do for receiving, I don't remember if it's the same as the one for receiving I think it is.
Actually the settings are: OutgoingServer
-> ... requires authentication
-> ... use same settings as incoming server
that is what I have..

but for the incoming server, I am using a different domain and login tho. (e.g. stanelyt@xxxcompany.com), not roger's email.

Do i need a diff/seperate login for the outgoing mail? I didn't need it before with Bell.
And I don't have a login/password for any rogers account.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
165 upvotes
stanleyt wrote: that is what I have..

but for the incoming server, I am using a different domain and login tho. (e.g. stanelyt@xxxcompany.com), not roger's email.

Do i need a diff/seperate login for the outgoing mail? I didn't need it before with Bell.
And I don't have a login/password for any rogers account.
your outgoing settings will be your rogers email addy and password
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5437 upvotes
The problem is they block port 25

You will ask your hosting company for an alternate port for the outgoing server.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12014 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
stanleyt wrote: (e.g. stanelyt@xxxcompany.com), not roger's email.
You need to authorise the domain in Yahoo

Here are the steps

-----------------------------

Set Up Third Party Email in Rogers Yahoo! Webmail

The following steps explain how to setup a third party email address to send and receive emails through a Rogers Yahoo! email address.

In some cases, the Rogers SMTP sever may need to be used to send emails from a third party email address. This is usually required by those who have personal web domains.

1.Before you begin you must have an active @rogers.com email address.
2.Log into your email address through the webmail site (http://mail.rogers.com).
3.Once you login, click the setup icon located in the top right hand corner and click Settings.
4.Click Add across from the Accounts section.
5.Fill out the following: •Email Address: This must be the third party address that is to be verified
6.If you wish to have third-party emails go into your Rogers Yahoo! Inbox click Set up to Receive emails and fill out the following, otherwise skip to step 7: •Sending Name: The name you want others to see when sending an email
•Username: Login name for third-party email address
•Password: Password for third-party email address
•Reply-to-address: The address you want the email to go to when the sender replies to your email
•Deliver email to: Chose from the list of folders setup in your Rogers Yahoo! account
•POP server: Incoming server for third-party address
•Use SSL: Should be checked if the third-party email requires an SSL connection
•Use Filters: Keep this checked if you wish to use filters
•Override default POP port: If the incoming port is different than 995, enter the port number in this box

7.Click Save. •Note: You can only add up to 10 alternate addresses per @rogers.com Email ID.

8.A verification Email will be sent to the third party email address. Follow the steps provided in the email to verify your email. •Note: This email may be redirected to your spam folder, please check your spam folder if you have not received the email.

9.Click Settings, then Accounts to verify if the account was added. When successfully added the third party email will be listed under Accounts.