• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2012 4:00 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 8, 2010
2 posts
Toronto

Switching from Rogers to Telus

I'm looking to switch 4 phone numbers from Rogers to Telus next week (my Rogers contract ended a few weeks ago and is now triple the price ($65) of what I was paying before since my discounts have all expired). I was told that in order to switch to Telus, I would have to pay for a month on each phone on the Rogers bill. Is this true?? That means I'll have to pay $65 PER PHONE to switch over to Telus even though my Rogers contract has ended?

I was thinking that I could switch all of the numbers to a pay as you go plan first, but I don't know if that's going to automatically sign onto some new contract. Any suggestions?

Also, does anybody know what fees are incurred if I were to terminate a Telus contract early? Rogers says that you only have to pay the remaining balance on the price of the phone, plus and administrative cost. I can't seem to find any information about Telus though...
3 replies
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4782 posts
708 upvotes
Yes, most service providers require that you provide 30 days notice before cancelling.

Early cancellation on TELUS requires you to pay the remaining balance of the cost of the phone plus a $50 fee.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
So if I give less than 30 days does this mean I'll be charged an extra month on each phone? Could I switch to a really low value plan (like a pay as you go minimum) before I switch over to Telus so that I only get charged e.g. $15 per phone rather than $60+?
Apr 21, 2008
419 posts
80 upvotes
You don't need to provide 30 days notice. Just make sure your contract date is over. If they charge you for extra month/days, file a complaint to CCTS and they will promptly refund it back to you. It has been done tons of times, do a quick search on here or howardforums.

Happened to me.
× < >