Expired Hot Deals

[swoop] Hamilton (TOR) to Abbostford (Van) 205$ tx in. and multiple other flights

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 9:58 am
[OP]
May 14, 2008
376 posts
153 upvotes

Hamilton (TOR) to Abbostford (Van) 205$ tx in. and multiple other flights

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
February 1, 2019
Retailer:
swoop
I've just discovered swoop which is an ultra-low fair canadian airline. Multiples destinations are available for even cheaper.
Never surf the web unarmed!
11 replies
[OP]
May 14, 2008
376 posts
153 upvotes
RyanN592 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 7:52 pm
LOL @ just discovered
I live under a rock... or Quebec dome. Which are the same.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1390 posts
5541 upvotes
el_pablo wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 7:55 pm
I live under a rock... or Quebec dome. Which are the same.
That's fine, but why is this worth sharing? This is normal price for that route. Also FYI since you just discovered them, Swoop is owned by WestJet and shares WestJet's plane inventory - the only reason Swoop exists is because Flair Air launched as an ultra-low cost airline in Canada. Surprised an Air Canada variant hasn't popped up yet. Swoop will only stick around for as long as Flair lasts - once Flair goes under (will happen soon I'm sure), I'd suspect Swoop stops operations also.

This is a news article on WestJet's predatory pricing on Swoop, essentially trying to eliminate the competition.
[OP]
May 14, 2008
376 posts
153 upvotes
Leverage wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 8:59 pm
That's fine, but why is this worth sharing? This is normal price for that route.
My normal price is 400$+.
Oct 13, 2016
184 posts
164 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
Buy on promo seat sale or long lead time and travel with only a backpack and water bottle. You'll get there/back for a very good price.
Sep 18, 2017
386 posts
507 upvotes
Vancouver
FYI: Abbotsford is roughly an hour away from Vancouver during regular traffic and can double/triple during rush hour. Factor that into the price if you decide between flying into Vancouver or Abbotsford.
May 8, 2017
201 posts
88 upvotes
It was 59$ one way few days back... definitely not a hot deal!
Mar 4, 2007
603 posts
498 upvotes
Halifax
greenfury wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 8:08 am
It was 59$ one way few days back... definitely not a hot deal!
Please sir, can you tell me where you purchased your time machine?
Oct 15, 2011
111 posts
98 upvotes
Hehe.. it was $35 for Hamilton to Abbotsford and $8 for coming back so total $43 ways at the launch last year.. wish I had the time machine..Crying Face
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2060 posts
325 upvotes
Leverage wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 8:59 pm
That's fine, but why is this worth sharing? This is normal price for that route. Also FYI since you just discovered them, Swoop is owned by WestJet and shares WestJet's plane inventory - the only reason Swoop exists is because Flair Air launched as an ultra-low cost airline in Canada. Surprised an Air Canada variant hasn't popped up yet. Swoop will only stick around for as long as Flair lasts - once Flair goes under (will happen soon I'm sure), I'd suspect Swoop stops operations also.

This is a news article on WestJet's predatory pricing on Swoop, essentially trying to eliminate the competition.

It shows the incompetence or impotence of Transport Canada while we, the flying public, know Swoop is just there to kill the new entrant they, the regulators, wait a year before launching an inquiry. Pathetic.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/westje ... -1.4942490
Oct 15, 2011
111 posts
98 upvotes
WestJet is just waiting for FLAIR to close and JETLINES to abandon their plan to launch. Once that is achieved they will wind down SWOOP or amalgamate into them. Till then enjoys these low fares..

andreid wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:40 am
It shows the incompetence or impotence of Transport Canada while we, the flying public, know Swoop is just there to kill the new entrant they, the regulators, wait a year before launching an inquiry. Pathetic.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/westje ... -1.4942490