Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Swoop

Swoop: Ultra-Low Fare Airline - Flying out of select airports (YXX, YEG, YHZ, YHM, YWG) - Starting at $29.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2018 10:29 am
Dec 3, 2003
260 posts
78 upvotes
Thanks OP, I sent to a family friend planning a Hamilton trip from the west coast!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
redflagkiller wrote: FYI, that's not true at all as that number seems way too low. I looked it up and it's over 15% of Canadas's population live in GTA according to the Canada Census 2016.

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-rece ... =01&B1=All
That's actually just the Toronto Census Metropolitan area that doesn't include Oshawa or Hamilton.
Definitions for the Greater Toronto Area vary, but the one in Wikipedia arrives at 6.4 million people (18% of the Canadian population).
http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recen ... MA=0&CSD=0

Factoring that unilingual French speakers don't generally read English forums, it is true that many Canadians reading this forum do live in the GTA. However, most of them can easily get to Hamilton airport, even using public transportation. And, of course, most people reading this forum do not live in the GTA or, indeed, anywhere near Ontario.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
zappy312 wrote:
In September for YHM to YXX on Sept. 5, returning on Sept. 22:

Swoop is $247 base + ($15 x 2 seat selection) + ($36.75 x 2) for carry on bag) = $350.50 or $330.50 if you swap your carry-on for a checked bag.
Westjet is $565 but the option exists to fly from YYZ to YVR for a very similar price.

Swoop Savings: $214.50

It could be worth the savings, especially if the airports are closer to home / your destination.
not to mention many of us fly with a whole family... what can i do with my extra $1k???
MonctonMan wrote: Swoop is the Flair Air killer. When Flair goes to Montreal, so will Swoop. Also, the _insert insult here_ in Calgary (Swoop) and Kelowna (Flair) seem to think it is costly to operate in French. Sadly, the folks over at Canada Jetlines seem to think the same. Granted, Quebeckers probably do fly less cross country to visit friends and family and it is already highly competitive going south in the winter from Montreal.
that's a great point... but this deal was too good when it was first announced.... I booked Swoop the first day the flights were released (check out the thread!) and got 5 of us to Abbottsford for less than $1500 in July!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Once Swoop kills off Flair, West Jet will kill off their Swoop brand and we'll be back to a duopoly.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
I've flown flair air...I didn't find it any different than WestJet/Air Canada except that you have to pay for any drinks even water and pop.

WJ and AC already cram you into the plane into seats with little legroom and few amenities. I also don't miss the onboard entertainment but even WJ/AC doesn't have that on every flight.
May 25, 2016
179 posts
50 upvotes
Some of the replies on this thread just made me realize why we don't have ULCC in Canada....Face With Tears Of Joy

Seriously, you are doing seat selection and adding two carry on bags to compare it to Swoop?? Maybe you should buy your own jet lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
biglaity wrote: Some of the replies on this thread just made me realize why we don't have ULCC in Canada....Face With Tears Of Joy

Seriously, you are doing seat selection and adding two carry on bags to compare it to Swoop?? Maybe you should buy your own jet lol.
+1

A lot of people are misunderstanding the concept of a ulcc
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
biglaity wrote: Some of the replies on this thread just made me realize why we don't have ULCC in Canada....Face With Tears Of Joy

+1
Yeah, and then bitch that they don't service the airport with one of the highest landing fees in the world! Who would have thought :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
Ultra-low cost my ars... Ontario to Alberta $199-$500 one-way base fare, how is this even low cost?

In Europe, I’ve flown from London to Canaries for less thans $50 one way! Within the continent, the fares range from 9 to 25 euros if you book early enough.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 24th, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported for off topic and political content
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1765 posts
835 upvotes
BrendanD wrote: Lol I totally agree, I’m from the gta but the commenter above you just pissed me off with the “IDK how useful it is to us considering we’re all from Toronto” lol what
Honestly, none of the airports are in the largest cities. There’s no Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto. I think it does make it tougher for most of us to use.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
funnypanks wrote: Honestly, none of the airports are in the largest cities. There’s no Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto. I think it does make it tougher for most of us to use.
There's Winnipeg :-)
Lucky Mobile | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4081 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
The govt needs to get its finger out and stop gouging hyper tax revenues from airline ticket sales in order for ULCC's to build a base in Canada
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19733 posts
28612 upvotes
Vancouver
funnypanks wrote: Honestly, none of the airports are in the largest cities. There’s no Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto. I think it does make it tougher for most of us to use.
That's how they make it cheap. Look at Wizz Air in Europe. They serve a ton of smaller airports. No Amsterdam, no Paris, no Helsinki, no Heathrow. But you can get to Eindhoven, Grenoble, Turku, and Bristol.
Aug 4, 2004
719 posts
549 upvotes
we booked with Swoop for 4 in last week of Aug from YHM to YEG.. it is actually cheaper if you do 1 way tickets instead of return.. it was $139 + $29 for a checked bag. I have no problem to check in a "carry-on size bag" if needed. AC/Westjet are both $270+

we booked AC for the return ticket from YYC to YYZ because AC was only $209.. the price difference not that much with Swoop after the price of checked bag..
as we plan to go Jasper / Banff, it saved us 3 hours of driving back to YEG while flying back from YYC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)