Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Swoop ultra low fares

Swoop Abbotsford BC to YEG $9 one way all in

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2018 12:49 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6040 posts
2736 upvotes
Vancouver

Swoop Abbotsford BC to YEG $9 one way all in

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Swoop ultra low fares
$39 all in going other way (from YEG to Abbortsford).

Anybody has a promo code? lol
33 replies
May 12, 2012
695 posts
804 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I really hope they don't go under...I have flights booked in November but this kind of pricing is absolutely bonkers
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Ferny111 wrote: I really hope they don't go under...I have flights booked in November but this kind of pricing is absolutely bonkers
they are backed by Westjet. Only dumping cheap seats to kill the competition - Flair Air.
if you actually want ULCCs to succeed in canada, support Flair because if they cease to exist, prices will go up again
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19624 posts
28393 upvotes
Vancouver
I started a thread about this a month ago, it's now in expired hot deals. Glad to see the deal is still on!

Advance prices for extras on those $9 flights (higher if purchased at gate):

Seat selection fees $6/$11/$21
Carry-on bag fee $36.75
Checked bag fee $31.50
Priority boarding fee $10.50
"Modifly" free date/time change fee $10.49

Interesting how checked bag fee is lower than carry-on bag fee.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Carry-on luggage is about $35 if paid in advance, $50 at check-in and $80 at the gate.

Water is $4.00

Exit row prepaid is $45.00.

Sardine-can seating.

And if the plane breaks, there's essentially no recourse, no meal voucher and no accommodation.
In your pants!
Dec 13, 2017
67 posts
34 upvotes
Lake Louise
FatWallet wrote: Carry-on luggage is about $35 if paid in advance, $50 at check-in and $80 at the gate.

Water is $4.00

Exit row prepaid is $45.00.

Sardine-can seating.

And if the plane breaks, there's essentially no recourse, no meal voucher and no accommodation.
Blame that last paragraph on not having a proper passenger bill of rights. Although I'm sure they'll take care of you, it's in Westjets best interest to keep you semi happy. Even Frontier took care of me when I got stranded at LAS.

Killer deal and worth the gamble if you travel super light.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Martin09 wrote: Killer deal and worth the gamble if you travel super light.
Or naked.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1190 upvotes
Vancouver
Getting on board naked same as the crew member on plane
Apr 23, 2014
990 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RFDQ1016 wrote: they are backed by Westjet. Only dumping cheap seats to kill the competition - Flair Air.
if you actually want ULCCs to succeed in canada, support Flair because if they cease to exist, prices will go up again
This

It's like going with some cheap rogers carrier instead of wind and then wind goes under, rogers kills off carrier. This is one reason why someone doesn't open business, as these airlines just dump seats since they already have profitable parent airline to appease shareholders and continue with profits.

Though people shopping for cheap seats are usually price sensitive and would opt to save $5 a ticket.

On a side note, i wonder why flair or swoop airlines don't show up on google flights? Ryan air does.
May 3, 2014
29 posts
12 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
We booked Flair Air a few months back from edmonton to abbotsford. A month before our trip, they changed our flight date and time.

We opted for a refund, which took 3 follow up emails and phone calls. DisappointIng service.

Ended up booking Swoop, which was great!
Flying to Abbotsford was a breeze.
Feb 29, 2012
779 posts
350 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: $39 all in going other way (from YEG to Abbortsford).

Anybody has a promo code? lol
Not at all a deal, I have seen Flair offer this exact deal just a couple weeks ago.
Westjet also flies to YVR from both YEG/YYC for $36+tax (and this actually includes transit access to the city + free checked bag with WS MC)
Feb 29, 2012
779 posts
350 upvotes
vanclty wrote: This

It's like going with some cheap rogers carrier instead of wind and then wind goes under, rogers kills off carrier. This is one reason why someone doesn't open business, as these airlines just dump seats since they already have profitable parent airline to appease shareholders and continue with profits.

Though people shopping for cheap seats are usually price sensitive and would opt to save $5 a ticket.

On a side note, i wonder why flair or swoop airlines don't show up on google flights? Ryan air does.
No GDS access?
Aug 13, 2003
830 posts
466 upvotes
reachedlegendary1 wrote: Westjet also flies to YVR from both YEG/YYC for $36+tax (and this actually includes transit access to the city + free checked bag with WS MC)
Do you consider the Edmonton Airport Improvement Fee as part for the fare or tax? AIF is $30 itself
Nov 26, 2015
598 posts
1262 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ship yourself in a box next Tuesday and save yourself the $9.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1174 posts
600 upvotes
Vancouver
Mok122cobra wrote: Ship yourself in a box next Tuesday and save yourself the $9.
If your under 5kg lol
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
Has anyone flown with Swoop yet? On the last two legs of my Swoop flights, I was sitting beside large people and they ended up overflowing into my seating area. They couldn't do much about it, they were just large. They weren't extremely obese which is why I thought it was odd we were so squished. Flight was full, couldn't change seats.

So my question is, are the seats a lot narrower on Swoop vs. AC/WJ?
Apr 23, 2014
990 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kevdanga wrote: Has anyone flown with Swoop yet? On the last two legs of my Swoop flights, I was sitting beside large people and they ended up overflowing into my seating area. They couldn't do much about it, they were just large. They weren't extremely obese which is why I thought it was odd we were so squished. Flight was full, couldn't change seats.

The seats on basically all narrow body aircrafts are very similar. You can only fit 6 across on 737-800 (although a320 can be different but AC is also going forward with 737).

With 777 its a different deal as some airline have 9 across and most 10.
Apr 23, 2014
990 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kevdanga wrote: Has anyone flown with Swoop yet? On the last two legs of my Swoop flights, I was sitting beside large people and they ended up overflowing into my seating area. They couldn't do much about it, they were just large. They weren't extremely obese which is why I thought it was odd we were so squished. Flight was full, couldn't change seats.

The seats on basically all narrow body aircrafts are very similar. You can only fit 6 across on 737-800 (although a320 can be different but AC is also going forward with 737).

With 777 its a different deal as some airline have 9 across and most 10.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)