Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sygic

Sygic GPS Navigation for Android - approx. $32

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2018 12:07 am
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error

Sygic GPS Navigation for Android - approx. $32

Deal Link:
Price:
$32
Savings:
78%
Expiry:
June 17, 2018
Retailer:
Sygic
Sygic GPS Navigation for Android
Premium World + Traffic (195 offline maps)

18.49 GBP would equal to about $32 CAD, and it seems a better deal than buying in USD ...
https://eshop.sygic.com/en/?currency-co ... rrency-set

You can use on 3 devices after purchasing, can't transfer between Android / IOS, etc.

Pretty hot I would say?
49 replies
Jul 9, 2016
194 posts
93 upvotes
Barrie
Doesn't seem that hot when there's tons of free reliable options especially for Android.
Nov 21, 2016
460 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any advantage to using this over Google maps offline, Waze, etc?
Aug 17, 2007
364 posts
413 upvotes
sacthegreat666 wrote: Is there any advantage to using this over Google maps offline, Waze, etc?
Worldwide offline map coverage with navigation may be of interest to some travelers. There are some countries (e.g. China and South Korea) where Google maps doesn't work at all of is severely limited in functionality.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
Offline Google Maps is pretty limited in the *offline mode*, it only stores up to 100MB where you need 500 MB for all of Canada ...

Also navigation wise, Sygic beats Google Maps, I tested and with data on (off line maps) it correctly identified construction zones,
where the Google Maps was routing right through them, etc. but it also gives you way more features than that ...
Last edited by escape1975 on Jun 6th, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Chaad1 wrote: Doesn't seem that hot when there's tons of free reliable options especially for Android.
Precisely. My go to is HERE maps on Android. It is awesome. I can't believe it's free. Offline maps, only download the maps you need. Amazing UI. Everything I need when I travel!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... maps&hl=en
Last edited by jellytime on Jun 6th, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
sacthegreat666 wrote: Is there any advantage to using this over Google maps offline, Waze, etc?
Only if you need reliable offline maps. Specially good for travel if you get the right package. Otherwise, no.
Aug 28, 2017
125 posts
355 upvotes
Here Maps is great because unlike google, you can presave entire provinces, states and countries.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
Here Maps are pretty good because they're free, but try Sygic for 7 days free and you'll see the difference :)

Here maps is also a map provider for pretty much everyone else, TomTom being the *other* company.
For example in Canada TomTom is usually better so Sygic uses them, but it all changes dynamically.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... sygic.aura
Nov 21, 2016
460 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
So if I'm in Canada, then doesn't matter if we are using any of Google or waze or here maps? Is that right?
I ask because I was actually planning to purchase this!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
You can use all of them at the same time, well not at once :)

Try the trial and see if you like it, I think the graphics and navigation in it looks nice ...
Aug 28, 2017
125 posts
355 upvotes
sacthegreat666 wrote: So if I'm in Canada, then doesn't matter if we are using any of Google or waze or here maps? Is that right?
I ask because I was actually planning to purchase this!
In my opinion, google maps is excellent. I always have a backup app in-case data is expensive when I'm travelling or I go off the grid with no reception. In those less common times, I use something like Here Maps (with pre-downloaded maps) because they work with no cell phone data and uses your phone's internal GPS.
Mar 10, 2011
570 posts
501 upvotes
Niagara
escape1975 wrote: You can use all of them at the same time, well not at once :)

Try the trial and see if you like it, I think the graphics and navigation in it looks nice ...
I used to use HERE. But like you said. I tried sygic and HERE on a Europe and subsequent US trip.
I bought Sygic. I found it to be excellent.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1166 posts
478 upvotes
Turbanville
Thanks OP.. BUT Where does it say.. "You can use on 3 devices after purchasing, can't transfer between Android / IOS, etc" .
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
I've been using navigation more lately, I'll give the free trial a shot to see if I like this. Might come in handy on the trip to Ireland and Portugal this summer.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I tried it years ago, it was better then google maps, in a sense you get what you pay for, google maps is good and free Sygic is paid and better.
Though iirc the 1 week free trial only lasted 5 days... Must be on reverse Elon Standard Time.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Nov 19, 2014
159 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If you buy it on Google Play and then switch to an Apple device, you need to buy another license. Happened to a friend. Otherwise, he is a new driver and he says Sygic has much nicer features especially offline.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1956 posts
368 upvotes
Kitchener
Can anybody answer if you can plan out multiple stops on a single route in Sygic? And by multiple I mean at least 50? Google Maps while great is utterly pathetic by only offering 10 measly stops in a planned route. This is work related for me.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1148 posts
390 upvotes
Kitchener
Did you try Google My Maps?

http://www.outdoorblueprint.com/outdoor ... ogle-maps/
X-Nemesis wrote: Can anybody answer if you can plan out multiple stops on a single route in Sygic? And by multiple I mean at least 50? Google Maps while great is utterly pathetic by only offering 10 measly stops in a planned route. This is work related for me.
Слава Україні!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
X-Nemesis wrote: Can anybody answer if you can plan out multiple stops on a single route in Sygic? And by multiple I mean at least 50? Google Maps while great is utterly pathetic by only offering 10 measly stops in a planned route. This is work related for me.
In an 8 hour work day thats one stop every 9.6 minutes.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)