Expired Hot Deals

[Synergy] Synergy 2 - $5 Early Access Beta (turns into Pro when released) - Says expired, but still works

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2017 8:39 am
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
46827 posts
12782 upvotes
So as long as the two computers are on the same network (wifi and wired) , either can control the other as long as you install a copy of this software on both?

Edit
Do I need two licenses or will one do? Just noticed it says I have to sign into the application on both computers. Do we need admin access to do that?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1828 posts
1689 upvotes
Langley, BC
weird, it's still active
Mar 14, 2013
185 posts
62 upvotes
FREDERICTON
I've been using Synergy beta for a long time and it's worked very well so 5$ for Synergy 2 is a great deal. I was also able to purchase it for 5$ just now so this is still active.
Aug 3, 2014
14 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Kind of annoying that they sent an email before for $15 (which was when i bought)... only to receive the email later that it is only $5 now. :/

Great price for people who did not previously have a copy.
Annoying for people who bought when it was $15. (fooled by symless/synergy?)
Aug 11, 2001
362 posts
11 upvotes
Hmm. Wonder if I’m doing something wrong. I installed and ran the program. It just pops up with a window and the name of the computer. No where for any configuration or even a place to enter the activation code. I remember using this a few years ago and could easily just open the settings window and set everything there.
Oct 25, 2008
305 posts
84 upvotes
I hope they do something for people who bought the 1, especially recently... purchased 1 pro for $30 just a couple weeks ago
Aug 3, 2014
14 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
MiKrofT wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 1:24 am
Hmm. Wonder if I’m doing something wrong. I installed and ran the program. It just pops up with a window and the name of the computer. No where for any configuration or even a place to enter the activation code. I remember using this a few years ago and could easily just open the settings window and set everything there.
On the system you want to be the server (the system you will be using the mouse/keyboard from), press F12 key.
You can also press the tilde (~) key to show a small console to better give you an idea of what is going on.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2129 posts
376 upvotes
I paid through paypal. WARNING: Paypal thought it was a scheduled payment. Cancel that immediately so you don't get dinged again.
Apr 10, 2017
373 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
question has always been whether programs of these kind need to log keystrokes locally or do they go to a server somewhere?

Not sure if their FAQ covers this.

I would hate for my keystrokes to end up somewhere even if they are being randomized.
Aug 26, 2003
208 posts
168 upvotes
PennyArcade wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:20 am
I paid through paypal. WARNING: Paypal thought it was a scheduled payment. Cancel that immediately so you don't get dinged again.
Thanks. Almost didn't notice it until you mentioned it. Cancel pre approved payment already
Feb 16, 2016
243 posts
131 upvotes
PennyArcade wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:20 am
I believe it was just a pre authorization for future payments but I doubt they will charge through PayPal again. Always safe to cancel though.
Aug 31, 2010
638 posts
85 upvotes
Victoria
It seemed it asked for the serial number?

kennyt18 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 2:03 pm
Why don't you guys just use the free open source version?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/synergy-stable-builds/

I'll keep my $5 for something else. From what I can tell, the Pro version only adds SSL encryption and Support. The software is so easy to use, that you don't even need Support. And if you are using the software on your own personal local LAN, you don't really need SSL encryption unless you are really paranoid.
New Koodo User
Mar 14, 2017
110 posts
27 upvotes
I got charged $5 UK pounds which translated to US $5.21.... same for everyone here?