Expired Hot Deals

[T&T Supermarket] STAUB CAST IRON Round Cocotte – 4 qt. / 3.8 L : $99.99 (GTA, Ottawa, Waterloo flyers)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2020 2:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5849 posts
2191 upvotes
Aurora

[T&T Supermarket] STAUB CAST IRON Round Cocotte – 4 qt. / 3.8 L : $99.99 (GTA, Ottawa, Waterloo flyers)

Nice price this week for the Staub Cast Iron 3.8L Round Cocotte at T&T. $99.99. GTA, Ottawa, Waterloo flyers.
https://www.tntsupermarket.com/store-flyer
Capture.PNG
From Staub site: https://www.zwilling.ca/product/round-c ... t-3-8-l-8/
55 replies
Dec 28, 2019
401 posts
230 upvotes
I am waiting for those made-in-japan pots, frying pans to go on sale...
May 17, 2007
399 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
How much is it normally?
Sep 22, 2008
836 posts
71 upvotes
orb2k wrote: How much is it normally?
I think 150
For sale /

scarborough/markham
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7228 posts
1925 upvotes
Great price! I paid $110 at The Bay before Christmas.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5849 posts
2191 upvotes
Aurora
I see the current prices are:
$269.99 from Staub: https://www.zwilling.ca/product/round-c ... t-3-8-l-8/
$298.88 at the Bay: https://www.thebay.com/staub-round-4-qu ... ocotte&N=0
$179.99 on Amazon.ca: https://www.amazon.ca/Staub-Cast-Iron-R ... 61&sr=8-12

I can't see anything cheaper than Amazon at the moment except for T&T.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2860 posts
2192 upvotes
Toronto
Normally 150 at their warehouse
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20617 posts
2941 upvotes
YUL
Great price. I have the same one in red that I paid $150 for a year ago. Fantastic french oven. If you're wondering how this can be better than a cheaper Lodge and if cast iron is cast iron, no, they are not created equal. You'll notice this when frying or cleaning up on it. Staub and LeCreuset cast iron on the cooking surface is less porous, and therefore MUCH easier to clean and cook on. I find it to be more non-stick. At $99, it's a bargain.
May 17, 2011
329 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: Great price. I have the same one in red that I paid $150 for a year ago. Fantastic french oven. If you're wondering how this can be better than a cheaper Lodge and if cast iron is cast iron, no, they are not created equal. You'll notice this when frying or cleaning up on it. Staub and LeCreuset cast iron on the cooking surface is less porous, and therefore MUCH easier to clean and cook on. I find it to be more non-stick. At $99, it's a bargain.
I don't think it's a porous thing, although could be wrong. Staub/Le Creuset are enamelled cast iron, whereas entry level Lodge is not, although they do have an enameled line. So Lodge needs to be seasoned and the seasoning maintained if you don't want it to rust. Personally I don't mind that for skillets but it's a PIA for dutch ovens, so all mine are enamelled. Tempted by this as the Staub enamel is black and mine is white, I hear the black does a better job with searing. Plus it's just pretty. :-)
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20617 posts
2941 upvotes
YUL
jrshopper wrote: I don't think it's a porous thing, although could be wrong. Staub/Le Creuset are enamelled cast iron, whereas entry level Lodge is not, although they do have an enameled line. So Lodge needs to be seasoned and the seasoning maintained if you don't want it to rust. Personally I don't mind that for skillets but it's a PIA for dutch ovens, so all mine are enamelled. Tempted by this as the Staub enamel is black and mine is white, I hear the black does a better job with searing. Plus it's just pretty. :-)
Enameled refers to the coating over the cast iron. The inside of the Staub is not enameled. Neither is lodge. I have both. The cast iron is more polished and better coated on the Staub. LeCreuset does have an enameled coating on a lot of their stuff on the cooking surface, but not their frying pans. As I said, when you use and compare, the different brands, you'll understand why Staub and LeCreuset are more expensive than Lodge.
May 17, 2011
329 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: Enameled refers to the coating over the cast iron. The inside of the Staub is not enameled. Neither is lodge. I have both. The cast iron is more polished and better coated on the Staub. LeCreuset does have an enameled coating on a lot of their stuff on the cooking surface, but not their frying pans. As I said, when you use and compare, the different brands, you'll understand why Staub and LeCreuset are more expensive than Lodge.
Hm, interesting. I was absolutely positive Staub was enameled but black. I own a lot of CI, different brands, but no Staub. Yet. ;-)

edit to add that they are in fact enameled. According to their FAQ at least. It's a black matte enamel.

https://www.staub-online.com/uk/en/page ... tiron.html
Last edited by jrshopper on Jan 17th, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 30, 2007
20 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Aisle 1B on left side at mississauga T&T (715 Central Pkwy W). Looked like about 8 on the shelf there. Grabbed one, thanks OP.
Images
  • 20200117_101726.jpg
Last edited by paulbian on Jan 17th, 2020 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2860 posts
2192 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: Enameled refers to the coating over the cast iron. The inside of the Staub is not enameled. Neither is lodge. I have both. The cast iron is more polished and better coated on the Staub. LeCreuset does have an enameled coating on a lot of their stuff on the cooking surface, but not their frying pans. As I said, when you use and compare, the different brands, you'll understand why Staub and LeCreuset are more expensive than Lodge.
jrshopper wrote: Hm, interesting. I was absolutely positive Staub was enameled but black. I own a lot of CI, different brands, but no Staub. Yet. ;-)

According to their FAQ, its a matte black interior enamel coating on Staubs.
https://www.staub-online.com/uk/en/page ... tiron.html
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2148 posts
393 upvotes
Gta
Um...no I don’t think you’re right . Both Staub and Le Creset are enameled. The only difference is that le Creuset does their enamel in cream colour while staub does their enamel in black. I have both . They are both enameled .
Koodo member
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6153 posts
4856 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Buy now, figure out what I'm going to use this for later!
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.