Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
T-Mobile

[US] Free hotspot and 30GB for 30 days

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2020 8:37 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
read on SD, there's no date to activate these meaning you don't need to have it turned on within 30 days....not sure if this changes next year or so.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Oct 18, 2013
617 posts
128 upvotes
Oshawa
rfdwatcher wrote: It worked great during my Orlando trip. I had it shipped to the hotel and picked it up once I got there. Signal is kind of weak on the resort but great otherwise. My son is amazed that there is Youtube on the car:)
How did you get it shipped to your hotel? I’m going down over Christmas to Orlando and when I entered my hotel address I get a message saying they don’t ship to P.O. Box?
Mar 3, 2007
364 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
tunda11 wrote: Ordered, it never came. Never even got an order number. What a bust...
Same with me...order went through okay but it never came. Is there a way to contact them to inquire about the status?
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes
picturethismister wrote: Same with me...order went through okay but it never came. Is there a way to contact them to inquire about the status?
I called them and they had no record of me or my order at all....lol unbelievable
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
diav wrote: Just landed in SFO, turned on the hotspot and all good! Didn't need to configure anything. Just copied down the wifi password when I popped the sim and battery in and smooth sailing.
Just an update: used at SFO and then San Jose/Cupertino without issues. I had set up a Roam Mobility plan for one day as a backup but didn't actually need it -- ended up using the T-Mo hotspot after my Roam plan ended. Coverage was great -- never got any dropped signals and was able to check SMS in the web admin interface on the device (http://mobile.hotspot or http://192.168.0.1; other info, see: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39279). To my knowledge, when the plan activates, you get a SMS on the device. Admin page also tells you how much data you've used. I only connected to three devices at a time (phone, tablet, laptop), so can't say if it works for 5 or more. If T-Mo ends up selling data-only plans on this band (and such plans are compatible with the hotspot), I'd probably get these plans while I travel.
Apr 17, 2006
190 posts
106 upvotes
GeneP66 wrote: How did you get it shipped to your hotel? I’m going down over Christmas to Orlando and when I entered my hotel address I get a message saying they don’t ship to P.O. Box?
I called the t-mobile number in previous post and ordered over the phone. The online order never worked for me. That error message might be just generic.
Jan 12, 2007
461 posts
170 upvotes
I tried two different amerifriend addresses but no luck in being able to place order.. keeps saying address not eligible.. :-(
Jul 5, 2017
594 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
anyone in Markham/Richmond Hill/Mississauga have a hotspot device they no longer need? Would be interested in picking it up!
Jan 12, 2007
461 posts
170 upvotes
If anyone in Vancouver area has one, Pls PM me if you don't need it anymore or got an extra..

Thanks
Oct 20, 2013
79 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
How does it work if you get it from a friend? Do they just ship you a new sim?
Nov 22, 2014
25 posts
Vancouver, BC
Anyone in Vancouver have a spare one that is done with it, I wouldn't mind grabbing off of you.

Thanks in advance.
Jan 2, 2006
245 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
tunda11 wrote: I called them and they had no record of me or my order at all....lol unbelievable
Put an order and it went trough, even got an email to confirm my email, but it never came. Maybe mistake was that I put my 416 phone number with valid US address.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1397 upvotes
calexicoca wrote: Put an order and it went trough, even got an email to confirm my email, but it never came. Maybe mistake was that I put my 416 phone number with valid US address.
Did you get the UPS shipping confirmation with tracking?
Mar 4, 2014
36 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone in the GTA have one? I'm heading down to the states in two weeks for two weeks...
Jun 6, 2009
722 posts
258 upvotes
I just registered and hopefully it will arrive at my hotel before I arrive in a couple of weeks.

Does the wifi hotspot work with any SIM card after the 30 days or you have to use T-mobile?
Oct 21, 2010
169 posts
23 upvotes
Not sure if hotel addresses work as others may have used them before.

>Is there a limit to how many Test Drive devices I can get?
>T-Mobile Test Drive participants are limited to one device per household, or if you are representing a business, one device per shipping address.

[Edit] I ordered mine mailing to the hotel I will stay next week. Fingers crossed.
Jun 26, 2005
81 posts
20 upvotes
i just got back from the states and don’t need the hotspot anymore. it was activated nov 22. get in touch if you want it. i’m just west of downtown toronto.
Nov 26, 2016
298 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I submitted form successfully but didn't get any confirmation emails or package delivered. When I tried same us address again, it says I already participated in the trial.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Am going to Florida until March or so. If I get one could this be used on the drive there, or would that be considered roaming?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm... says CBP address does not qualify for the promotion.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)