Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AT&T

AT&T 16gb data on prepaid for $40 US with autopay

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 1:28 am
Nov 3, 2003
954 posts
620 upvotes
Knowhere
spotts01 wrote: No - I had it shipped to a relative in Florida, and she popped in the mail for me. But I was able to use my Cdn Credit Card on the AT&T site.
How were you able to do that? I can't change the state and postal code.

Edit: well had the page where it asks for credit card. the only thing i couldn't change was zip code. let's see what happens!
Last edited by shinsky on Apr 26th, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 21, 2019
13 posts
4 upvotes
Hi! Can you someone PM me if they have room in their group. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
May 31, 2017
73 posts
81 upvotes
I've got a US PO box, I'm going to order a few sim cards.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
spotts01 wrote: So I have a SIM arriving today or tomorrow - it's supposed to be activated already directly from AT&T on the $50 plan, or at least ready to go on the $50 plan as I have paid for that already. How do I confirm I have the 8GB bonus? I am most interested in the snappiness of the 128kbs on the LTE network that is supposed to kick in once the 16GB is over.
I activated my line in-store last Friday and this Tuesday I got the following text:

IMG_2447589228C3-1.jpeg

For those who're having trouble sourcing SIM cards locally, you can have an AT&T prepaid SIM card shipped to a US mailbox that's close to a border town.

For others, if you're interested, please PM me as I may be headed to WA state again this weekend and can pick up some SIM cards provided you prepay the cost of the SIM as well as postage to you before I leave.

Also, I still have 3 spots available on my multi-line account. If you're looking to join my group, please PM me. Do not reply to this forum message, PM me directly please.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Mar 18, 2013
341 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
vancityguy0 wrote: Also, I still have 3 spots available on my multi-line account. If you're looking to join my group, please PM me. Do not reply to this forum message, PM me directly please.
PMed you....
Aug 29, 2017
771 posts
3194 upvotes
For anyone that only needs the line for road trips AND has a Chrysler / Dodge / Fiat / Ram Truck This may be a better option:

With UConnect, you can activate an in-car Wi-fi as a hotspot that uses the AT&T network.

You don't need a SIM, but you have to be within the range of your car's hot spot and use a VOIP number. Works in Canada / US, no Mexico.

PRICE: 22GB for $20USD/m

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/ram.html
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I think the txt is the only indicator to confirm you're going to get the bonus. I logged into my account online and there's nothing there, so I suggest you keep an eye out for the text.

Here's what their T&Cs say:

Offer ends in-store at participating locations on 7/11/2019 and online on 7/4/19. Requires activation & payment of new line of service on $50 monthly plan (by offer end date) and AutoPay enrollment by 7/11/19. To receive bonus data each month, you must remain on the $50 Monthly Plan and be enrolled in AutoPay. Once qualifications have been met, bonus data will be applied to customer’s account within 3 days after activation and within 2 days after each qualified renewal. Multi-Line members are eligible as long as account owner is enrolled in AutoPay. Bonus data is used before plan data and does not roll over. Not combinable with other promotions and/or discounts.

Hey, has anyone else who has activated this plan more than 3 days ago received this text?

For those of you who have received the text, please do confirm here to help the group out. Thx!

IMG_2447589228C3-1.jpeg
May 23, 2013
110 posts
2 upvotes
From my personal experience. I am Canadian, but work in the US. I have been with ATT, Sprint, Cricket, and T-Mobile (currently). They all have the 50% of usage needs to be in the US rule. I have been off since August 2018, and was driving LYFT for 2 months in Toronto. Driving daily and they warned me about using too much data in Canada. After I stopped driving LYFT my data usage has been fairly basic. They have not really cared since then. So I think that this plan is viable in Canada as long as you are not a data hog. My gf has been in Canada since September as well without a warning because she doesn't go through a lot of data either. The issue I have with this post is that its 40 USD for 16gb of data. With Sprint, and T-Mobile you can get unlimited talk, text, and data for the same price.

In terms of service provider when you are in Canada: I have an android, and it allows me to switch between any provider I want. It has no problem registering on any of the networks. I like to stick to Bell, seems to have the fastest data for me.
Jun 3, 2018
19 posts
46 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: I think the txt is the only indicator to confirm you're going to get the bonus. I logged into my account online and there's nothing there, so I suggest you keep an eye out for the text.

Here's what their T&Cs say:

Offer ends in-store at participating locations on 7/11/2019 and online on 7/4/19. Requires activation & payment of new line of service on $50 monthly plan (by offer end date) and AutoPay enrollment by 7/11/19. To receive bonus data each month, you must remain on the $50 Monthly Plan and be enrolled in AutoPay. Once qualifications have been met, bonus data will be applied to customer’s account within 3 days after activation and within 2 days after each qualified renewal. Multi-Line members are eligible as long as account owner is enrolled in AutoPay. Bonus data is used before plan data and does not roll over. Not combinable with other promotions and/or discounts.

Hey, has anyone else who has activated this plan more than 3 days ago received this text?

For those of you who have received the text, please do confirm here to help the group out. Thx!

IMG_2447589228C3-1.jpeg
On your online portal there will also be notification that you’re gonna get the double data
Last edited by Pumpkin_canuck on Apr 25th, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add photos
Always hunting for better deals ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thank you! Just noticed the Alerts link under my profile. Phew!
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10989 posts
13539 upvotes
BuciMaci wrote: For anyone that only needs the line for road trips AND has a Chrysler / Dodge / Fiat / Ram Truck This may be a better option:

With UConnect, you can activate an in-car Wi-fi as a hotspot that uses the AT&T network.

You don't need a SIM, but you have to be within the range of your car's hot spot and use a VOIP number. Works in Canada / US, no Mexico.

PRICE: 22GB for $20USD/m

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/ram.html
Same with Ford >> "FordPass Connect" https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/ford.html
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Dec 18, 2006
122 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
b166er1337 wrote: 1) sign up the AT&T prepaid plan, and set up online access account. In the online portal, you can set up autopay to knock down the monthly plan to $40.
2) find a group either on RFD or elsehwere. I found mine here. There are usually groups with spots open. Of course join these at your own risk.
3) The group manager will pay for the whole group. It's up to you to send the money monthly to the group manager.
4) you can get max 10 people in a group. For a group of 5, the monthly fee is $28. For a group of 10, it is $24.

If you want to text/call with the Canadian number, it will be more work. In the rare occasions I want to use my Canadian number, I used Zopier for phone call and voip mobile site for SMS. Otherwise I just use iMessage, What's App, Facebook Messenger and Line. All of these apps make voice calls as well so phone number is not that important.
How would I keep my WhatsApp Canadian number account with this plan and with a US number? Wouldn’t WhatsApp automatically update the account once it sees a new number?
I'm Cheap And I'm Broke!@!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
Update - I received the AT&T package. Includes my Florida phone number, unactivated SIM card and unactivated $50 prepaid card (scratch to reveal PIN). I have 90 days to activate, clock started 10 days ago.

BUT - my situation has changed. I may not need this. This was a test for rental cottage internet, not so much for calling and text. I do not want to do xPlornet. But just 2 days ago, Bell announced High Speed wireless for home for this area and that is the path I want to go. ($79 for 350GB) . The installer is coming next Tuesday. So I have an unopened AT&T package I will be willing to sell. I want to first make sure the Bell solution is going to work, but if you are interested and want to get more details, PM me.

Edit - not for sale now.
Last edited by spots01 on Apr 30th, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
navneetkhaira wrote: From my personal experience. I am Canadian, but work in the US. I have been with ATT, Sprint, Cricket, and T-Mobile (currently). They all have the 50% of usage needs to be in the US rule. I have been off since August 2018, and was driving LYFT for 2 months in Toronto. Driving daily and they warned me about using too much data in Canada. After I stopped driving LYFT my data usage has been fairly basic. They have not really cared since then. So I think that this plan is viable in Canada as long as you are not a data hog. My gf has been in Canada since September as well without a warning because she doesn't go through a lot of data either. The issue I have with this post is that its 40 USD for 16gb of data. With Sprint, and T-Mobile you can get unlimited talk, text, and data for the same price.

In terms of service provider when you are in Canada: I have an android, and it allows me to switch between any provider I want. It has no problem registering on any of the networks. I like to stick to Bell, seems to have the fastest data for me.
That's not entirely correct. To get that price you have to have 4 active lines or more (with T-Mobile). For 1 device it's 75USD plus taxes.
Jan 22, 2009
180 posts
247 upvotes
illest-One wrote: How would I keep my WhatsApp Canadian number account with this plan and with a US number? Wouldn’t WhatsApp automatically update the account once it sees a new number?

You can keep your Canadian sim and switch it to some cheap plans like public mobile or freedom ($10-$15). Then, put this sim in the sim2 slot for data.

It works well for phone with dual sims.

If your phone doesn't support dual sim, not recommend to go for the deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
Re: WhatsApp

If you have a newer Samsung phone, you can run multiple instances of WhatsApp.

There's also WhatsApp Business (available on all iOS and Android). You can be a "business", but use your cell phone #.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
habsfan9 wrote: Re: WhatsApp

If you have a newer Samsung phone, you can run multiple instances of WhatsApp.

There's also WhatsApp Business (available on all iOS and Android). You can be a "business", but use your cell phone #.

What’s the downside of switching your WhatsApp to a US number? If you’ve been using WhatsApp all along, don’t all of your contacts already have you on WhatsApp? Will they get removed from your WhatsApp contacts if you switch phone numbers?

Not being a Aubergine, I’m genuinely curious. I don’t personally use WhatsApp so I don’t know - but my gf switched to the AT&T plan with me and she didn’t have any issues with her WhatsApp contacts. So I’m wondering why people on here are hesitant or skeptical.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
vancityguy0 wrote:
What’s the downside of switching your WhatsApp to a US number? If you’ve been using WhatsApp all along, don’t all of your contacts already have you on WhatsApp? Will they get removed from your WhatsApp contacts if you switch phone numbers?

Not being a Aubergine, I’m genuinely curious. I don’t personally use WhatsApp so I don’t know - but my gf switched to the AT&T plan with me and she didn’t have any issues with her WhatsApp contacts. So I’m wondering why people on here are hesitant or skeptical.
Not really an issue.
But your contacts will have two contact number for your. One Canadian and one Us # in the address book.
May 23, 2013
110 posts
2 upvotes
That might have changed. But When I signed up last year i joined by myself for $35, and then they raised it to $40. I am currently paying $40. But if I am wrong, my buddy is also paying $40 with Sprint at the moment.