Food & Drink

T&T Lakeshore Closing (old news) - does anyone know if and where the new one might go?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2020 12:41 am
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2007
1064 posts
179 upvotes

T&T Lakeshore Closing (old news) - does anyone know if and where the new one might go?

https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2019/1 ... -location/

I know this is super old news by now, but what are your options now? My parents and I used to go to this location a lot even though the Warden/Steeles one is equally far. I think the scenery is just nicer, the place is less busy, etc. I'm gonna miss this place.
18 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
I don't think they have any plans to relocate, just close it down for now. Not many places around the downtown core that's got enough space and of course, rent prices probably would skyrocket compared to the Cherry St location.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2027 upvotes
I'm pretty pissed with how they handled this. It's not like the port lands development just suddenly happened. I think they knew and decided to just abandon that location.
It's been neglected for a long time (getting dirtier and broken down without repairs). Then they announce with just a month to go? They've had plenty of time to look for
alternate locations. It'd be stupid not to have a downtown location but with Toronto rent I'm not holding my breath.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
coriolis wrote: I don't think they have any plans to relocate, just close it down for now. Not many places around the downtown core that's got enough space and of course, rent prices probably would skyrocket compared to the Cherry St location.
They said they are looking for a new location and to expand online shopping. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen though.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2017
10212 posts
5525 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Even with Loblaw's backing, locations need to profitable.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
thriftshopper wrote: Even with Loblaw's backing, locations need to profitable.
It looks profitable.
I paid $12 for sweet Nd sour pork and fried rice with some veggies...
That hot food table with all its glowing tasty food just sucks you off..... then surprise!

By weight hot tAbles always suck me in.... lol
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
Move it to Ajax, large old Sobeys sitting vacant in North Ajax lol
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I got a feeling they will take over a Lowe's or Rona's location, downtown Toronto.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
I better visit in the next 2 days to say my farewell to the place. It used to be a Knob Hill Farms before it was T&T. Any know when it opened as the latter?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8085 posts
3868 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: I got a feeling they will take over a Lowe's or Rona's location, downtown Toronto.
These stores don't even exist downtown.
Swerny wrote: i could see them moving part of the store to the existing Loblaws location on Queens Quay
Doubtful. The Queen's Quay Loblaws is going to be replaced by condos soon.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
2136 posts
1965 upvotes
shutterbug wrote: I'm pretty pissed with how they handled this. It's not like the port lands development just suddenly happened. I think they knew and decided to just abandon that location.
It's been neglected for a long time (getting dirtier and broken down without repairs). Then they announce with just a month to go? They've had plenty of time to look for
alternate locations. It'd be stupid not to have a downtown location but with Toronto rent I'm not holding my breath.
Considering they are a division of a publicly held company, the only explanation and notice they owed was to Board of Loblaw's and then the shareholders.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10123 posts
10230 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: These stores don't even exist downtown.

Doubtful. The Queen's Quay Loblaws is going to be replaced by condos soon.
Nah. The lands are owned by Loblaws. They will secure a presence in the podium as part of any redevelopment on their lands . Loblaws has a huge incentive to have a presence there as they're pretty much only supermarket south of the Gardiner and so many condos going up there

Much like the LCBO has a huge and even bigger retail presence at sugar wharf as part of their deal with Menkes
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2027 upvotes
my0gr81 wrote: Considering they are a division of a publicly held company, the only explanation and notice they owed was to Board of Loblaw's and then the shareholders.
It's a retail business. Maybe customer relations would help?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
2136 posts
1965 upvotes
shutterbug wrote: It's a retail business. Maybe customer relations would help?
A news release, well over a month before closure wasn't enough? Did you read the Blog.to article and the statements from T&T Management? I would think that qualifies as public relations.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
Today is the last day of business for the store. I was gonna go today, but went yesterday instead. The trip was definitely not worth my time as about 75% of the store was already cleared out. It was mostly just an empty store and no food on the shelves. What made the place, even more depressing was the Corona virus scare. A good majority of the customers and staff were all wearing face masks.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Nah. The lands are owned by Loblaws. They will secure a presence in the podium as part of any redevelopment on their lands . Loblaws has a huge incentive to have a presence there as they're pretty much only supermarket south of the Gardiner and so many condos going up there

Much like the LCBO has a huge and even bigger retail presence at sugar wharf as part of their deal with Menkes
LOL...not true at all.
There is a Sobeys, Longos, and Coppas supermarket South of Gardiner in the Harbourfront area.
Also a 24 hr Rabbas store too.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10123 posts
10230 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote: LOL...not true at all.
There is a Sobeys, Longos, and Coppas supermarket South of Gardiner in the Harbourfront area.
Also a 24 hr Rabbas store too.
Sorry thought it would be obvious referring to the
highest density area located in lower Yonge precinct area and people wouldnt take it literally and think I meant out by sauga/Etobicoke/Burlington/Oakville etc too