Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
IronMac wrote:
Sep 9th, 2007 6:55 am
Portions too big? :lol:

Imagine the carping if the portions were too small?!?! :lol:
They could make both large and small portions.

Also the quality of the chicken seems inconsistent. The other day I bought a whole cooked chicken at the Milliken location (the huge yellow ones with ginger/green onion at $4.99 or so) and it was tough to eat and very dry. Didn't even have taste when I cooked with noodles afterwards (removed skin of course). I guess you get what you pay for! I should have picked the smaller ones ... LOL.

The prepared spicy large crab at Warden location however was very good. I pick one up everytime I'm there late at night when it's reduced to $5.99 or $6.99 (did it go up in price lately?). I love lobster and crab!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
2905 posts
2 upvotes
there's two near me. one is a steeles and one is at middlefield.. aint i lucky? :)
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2003
3706 posts
11 upvotes
I've been to the one that's opened in downtown TO. It's very clean and tidy. However, they use so much plastic and styrofoam wrapping it's unbelievable. Produce section - fruits and veggies - almost everything is already prebagged, prepackaged or saran wrapped. Not good for environment. Also, I found a lot of crap products - like sugarcoated dates - hello? dates already have enough sugar so they don't need to be additionally drenched in sugar and honey. Products I would never buy - questionable products with lots of crap inside (colorings, additives, chemicals and so on). Products that don't carry English labels - yeah, so what if most customers are Chinese, this is Canada and at least the products should have English stickers of what's inside (not to mention that Canadian labeling is a little bit more thorough = added safety). Almost none of the staff speak English - again, don't ask for Oxford English, but this is Canada and some basic English skills should be a must. They don't carry Tamarind Paste!!!! I did buy some stuff, but don't know if I'll return, it was just too crazy and too much hassle to find products I needed.
So, no thanks. I'll continue shopping at NoFrills on Photography Drive (amazing one with fresh fish, lots of ethnic products and so on).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5397 posts
994 upvotes
aimfox wrote:
Sep 9th, 2007 10:36 am
there's two near me. one is a steeles and one is at middlefield.. aint i lucky? :)
only if you call living near **** drivers lucky