• Mar 28th, 2017 7:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3732 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal

AT&T ZTE ZMAX 2 and Telus Marshmallow

Has anyone successfully upgraded to Marshmallow on this phone using their Telus sim and without activating the AT&T sim?

I've been trying to update for months and it keeps telling me I'm up-to-date.
Phils
7 replies
Dec 6, 2008
100 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
No joy here. Even tried using an AT&T sim. I gave up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3732 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
Even with the AT&T SIM? Did you try multiple times?

I would like to get to Marshmallow because I'm hoping it will improve my wifi signal. Overall, it's not a problem but the poor wifi signal messes my CSIP-Simple VOIP connection.
Phils
Dec 6, 2008
100 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
Phils wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 11:22 am
Even with the AT&T SIM? Did you try multiple times?
For weeks. Never got it to go. Gave up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3732 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
Did you have 2GB of free internal memory available each time you tried? I've been moving apps to the SD card to stay above the 2.0 GB minimum. The update file is 1.1 GB.
It would great if the update file was simply downloadable.

When you don't use the AT&T update procedure, the standard procedure is to search for an update file on the SD card.
Phils
Dec 6, 2008
100 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
It was a while ago, I don't remember. I've cleaned it all from my mind. Got a link for a tutorial, I'll try again.
Apr 28, 2004
643 posts
156 upvotes
Found this thread by searching zmax2 and seeing if anyone had one forsale.

I did get mine updated to 6.0 awhile back following instructions from slickdeals thread. I didn't stray from the directions and it worked - updated two separate phones using the same att sim. It did take multiple attempts rolling the date and checking for updates but it eventually works. From what I remember, it took about 2 hours since you don't update to 6.0 directly, you have to update to two intermediate builds first.
Dec 6, 2008
100 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm probably selling mine once my Redmi note 3 arrives back from China. PM me if interested.