• Aug 11th, 2014 8:42 pm
[OP]
Jul 25, 2007
17 posts
2 upvotes
LAVAL

T2 and CO17 Tax Return free apps ?

Hi,

Two year ago I opened a startup, since them we have been trying get on the market, and up to this point, we failed miserably :(

Since we didn't had any clients/revenue, only expenses, I was looking for a free/low cost way to fill the taxes myself, anyone is aware of any application that isn't expensive (or free) that can help me with that ?

Thanks !
5 replies
[OP]
Jul 25, 2007
17 posts
2 upvotes
LAVAL
Sorry, forgot to mention that is a corporation, Inc.

Paper is an option, but since we are in the 21st century I thought doing electronically, I can save it after easily.

About Netax, I saw their website, I was willing to order if not expensive, but they mention that their software is free now, but no way to download it. I tried to contact them, but no response : Netax T2 est offert gratuitement pour une durée limitée, Commandez-le sans tarder - http://www.netax.ca/Commander.html

I don't mind paying a fee for that but I took a look on the prices, they turn all around $500 to $1000, since I not even did that on sales, doesn't make any sense. There is a gap on this area for SMBs, all these SWs are expensive and made for big corporations, which isn't the case for 95% of the SMBs in Canada, hope someone will create a interesting solution for this market on the years to follow :-)

Thanks
Aug 5, 2014
13 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener, ON
Do it on paper and then scan copies of it to the cloud or any other backup media of your choice...

I haven't looked at all the offerings but some offer a free trial (dr tax : http://www.drtax.ca/fr/ImpotExpertT2.aspx, you can fill out the application online but you need to pay to print or file it electronically) this way you can see if you made any mistakes on your paper based version...

Maybe you could try offering an affordable cloud based service for the SMB's since you are already in the IT field...and make an alliance (strategic partnership) with a cloud based accounting service already in place...

Good luck and don't give up! :)
Jul 10, 2005
754 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe you can try intuit/greenpoint Profile. The free version is complete but the printouts say "draft". You can do all on their software and then transcribe the final forms by hand.