• May 22nd, 2006 10:14 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 12, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes

T2 returns

Hi all, just curious if you guys prepare your own corporate T2 returns or hire an accountant?
8 replies
Nov 21, 2004
485 posts
9 upvotes
anony wrote:Hi all, just curious if you guys prepare your own corporate T2 returns or hire an accountant?
Your question is very vague . . it depends on the complexity of the return. If it is a simple one, or a nil return, you fill it in yourself. Also depends if you can afford someone to do it as well.
[OP]
May 12, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes
What type of return would you consider to be too complex to fill out yourself?
Nov 21, 2004
485 posts
9 upvotes
anony wrote:What type of return would you consider to be too complex to fill out yourself?
I think its better if you tell me what transactions your company do and the size if possible.
[OP]
May 12, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes
Our operations have become smaller so I've filed a return recently and it was ok. Just curious if there are some DIY filers here and whether you've run into difficulties in the process.
Aug 5, 2004
225 posts
We will be filing our T2 return for the first time this year. My partner and I are not accoutant, but we are determined to do it ourselves. Will definitely report back :)
[OP]
May 12, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes
Sounds good jckc, do keep us informed. :)
Nov 21, 2004
485 posts
9 upvotes
jckc wrote:We will be filing our T2 return for the first time this year. My partner and I are not accoutant, but we are determined to do it ourselves. Will definitely report back :)
Hope everything goes well. I'm a tax accountant, if you need help, I might be able to point you in the right direction or at least where you can find your answers.

A good site to use is: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/

This is the official CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) website, there's a search function you can use, look for "IT bulletin"s, they are explained in plain english as opposed to the ITA (income tax act) which is written by lawyers (good luck understanding that). MAKE SURE you are look at the heading, some documents have been replaced by more recent publications but they keep it on the website for references, but use the MOST currently one there as rules and rates change frequently.
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
I deal with T2 returns a lot in the company where i worked.Pm me if you need help.