• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2013 10:04 am
Tags:
None
Sep 2, 2011
550 posts
180 upvotes
Ottawa
iHateShaw wrote: However that said, do look at 8" tablets (Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, Memo Pad 8) as many people are preferring that size to 7". The extra 1" is quite noticeable.
So, yeah just grabbed the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". The extra inch was indeed super noticeable. BB had it on for $230, flyer has it for boxing day @$250, but website still has it listed at $230. Still not sure if the extra $$ was worth it, compared to the 7". I am thinking of going with the surface RT instead. I am a windows fan, like the keyboard and they have the 32 GB for $250 (though website says sold out already!), and the 64GB for $300. It is a little chunky though :P
May 11, 2011
693 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
When Dell Venue 7 will drop below $100?
Life is a play. Everyone deserves an Oscar.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2005
3377 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Any chance of getting the Dell Venue 8 with Android for around $130?
Apr 20, 2011
108 posts
16 upvotes
Newmarket
papito wrote: I found this, I don't know is a good deal...
KOBO ARC 7" 64GB TOUCHSCREEN COLOUR EREADER WITH WI-FI - BLACK http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product. ... ct=8006954

Original Price:299.99
Regular Price:199.99
Save off Original:$160.00
You Pay:139.99
Someone can tell me is a good deal, please? I think so for the price is good deal, but I don't know is a good tablet-ereader...
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2761 posts
882 upvotes
goaliegirl6060 wrote: So, yeah just grabbed the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". The extra inch was indeed super noticeable. BB had it on for $230, flyer has it for boxing day @$250, but website still has it listed at $230. Still not sure if the extra $$ was worth it, compared to the 7". I am thinking of going with the surface RT instead. I am a windows fan, like the keyboard and they have the 32 GB for $250 (though website says sold out already!), and the 64GB for $300. It is a little chunky though :P
The 7" and 8" Galaxy Tabs are separated by more than an extra inch of screen space. The 8" processor is much better and the experience is snappy and smooth. 7" is slow and leggy thanks to an underpowered SOC.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4081 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
Any deals for tablets greater than 8 inches?

Thx
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
wheres the ipad deals thread? I just bought a 16gb mini one for $279.
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Jan 31, 2013
45 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
papito wrote: Someone can tell me is a good deal, please? I think so for the price is good deal, but I don't know is a good tablet-ereader...
I don't know whether that's a good deal or not, but it's a nice little tablet that is perfect for reading. Text is very crisp and clear.

The back gets very dirty though. It's a felt-like material that gets absolutely disgusting after a while with greasy fingerprints.
Jan 31, 2013
45 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
klover wrote: The 7" and 8" Galaxy Tabs are separated by more than an extra inch of screen space. The 8" processor is much better and the experience is snappy and smooth. 7" is slow and leggy thanks to an underpowered SOC.
The 8" also has much better screen resolution. It's a no-brainer over the 7-inch.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
I think by now, its very unnacceptable and a poor showing that the apple store doesnt take part in boxing day sales. Not saying they have to have big sales, but cmon, with how much price gouging theyve done to their customers over the past year, a discount like 5% or a gift card included would be very nice. Just goes to show how incredibly greedy apple has become. I know they dont have to discount, but its one day out of the year. I think it would be nice for a change for them to show some gratification towards their customers.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
Mayosandwich wrote: I think by now, its very unnacceptable and a poor showing that the apple store doesnt take part in boxing day sales. Not saying they have to have big sales, but cmon, with how much price gouging theyve done to their customers over the past year, a discount like 5% or a gift card included would be very nice. Just goes to show how incredibly greedy apple has become. I know they dont have to discount, but its one day out of the year. I think it would be nice for a change for them to show some gratification towards their customers.
who cares, the ipads are on sale EVERYWHERE! have been for a month or more.
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1430 posts
421 upvotes
Ottawa
Answers wrote: who cares
True...fanbois will pay whatever their Master tells them to...
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
Nexus 7 32GB is $220 at newegg or ncix, I forget, sorry. I think that's the best price I've seen for 32GB, 2nd Gen FHD 2013. Xperia Tablet Z is $400 at BB/FS, great price for 1 of the best out there, super slim for a 10", good specs, waterproof too.
Oct 25, 2009
701 posts
215 upvotes
Calgary
Guys Asus TF701 32gb or Asus T100 64gb what would you choose?
May 14, 2008
479 posts
277 upvotes
I hope this is not your first tablet, because you'll have a poor user experience on this.

These are usually not responsive, have low support and have a crappy display from 2008.
edgarb wrote: How is this RCA 7 Inch tablet from walmart for $68? Anything better for the price? lol I heard it was on for $49 in the states at one time

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rca-7-tablet/6000155638873
Never surf the web unarmed!
Banned
Jan 28, 2007
554 posts
49 upvotes
el_pablo wrote: I hope this is not your first tablet, because you'll have a poor user experience on this.

These are usually not responsive, have low support and have a crappy display from 2008.
This would be my first tablet, but it's actually for my 6 year old son. I'll probably get him a used ipod touch 4th generation instead. Just wondering what's best in this price range

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)