Nov 26, 2008
3883 posts
628 upvotes
Granby
so which is better?

this?
goborage wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 11:35 am
I just ordered a 32GB Playbook bundle @ $149 + 4% cashback from ebates.ca. It comes with a leather sleeve.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product. ... ct=2076102
or the $149 acer iconia 8gb tablet at walmart?

i dont think space will be an issue for the person im getting it for..

but the one at walmart should be able to handle more since its a quad core right?

thx
Dec 4, 2003
976 posts
13 upvotes
crimsona wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 11:35 am
NCIX has the 32 GB nexus 7 for 250 with a fifty buck giftcard in store

Limited quantities though
Hi
Can someone tell me where do I see the $50 bucks GC in store info, please??
Sep 14, 2009
614 posts
80 upvotes
So excited for when the cheaper rumoured Nexus 7 comes out. I'm in interested to see what features it will have. Hopefully it is still fairly functional.

If it is decent, Apple ipad mini will be peeing its pants as will those cheap ereaders. Time to start clearing out stock before they are left on the shelf for good.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1370 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
Thoughts on the Kobo arc promotion or rather the tablet itself? I need a good but reasonably price Android tablet, and though the Acer A110 looks great, I don't want to waste my time like I did trying to find stock at Wal-Marts for the Galaxy Tab 2 a few weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1808 posts
110 upvotes
At Walmart Kingston.

They pricematched the ASUS Visions tablet.

Tried at Staples, FS and BB... They would not.

Ymmv
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2386 posts
269 upvotes
Ottawa
Was quite disappointed with ncix - yesterday saw Samsung galaxy note 10.1 or $399 ($100 off) and was planning to pick it up today, but they raised the price to $449 this morning. I even have screenshot from yesterday...
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
May 20, 2010
20 posts
Toronto
wanna_be wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 11:03 am
Best I could find was at Visions for 448 before Christmas and then I did a price match at Best buy, the price now at Visions is 488
Yeah, I saw that but I held off, hoping for something during Boxing day. Found nothing. Picked one up at B&H Photo for $515 all in (about $455 before tax) which at least includes an external SD card reader. Tried to go to Futureshop today to get a Sandisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSD SDHC UH1 on sale but the place was packed and I didn't want to bother wasting my time in line.
Oct 11, 2008
52 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Enjoying my new iPad mini. I get 2% cash towards travel with my aspire MC, so this makes the deal atleast warm.
Mar 4, 2007
368 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Just picked up the Asus Transformer tablet in store at Visions. Anyone know where to get a 32gb SD card for cheap?
Jul 21, 2008
570 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Siralex wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 4:27 pm
Just picked up the Asus Transformer tablet in store at Visions. Anyone know where to get a 32gb SD card for cheap?
You wouldn't be willing to pick one up and ship to GTA, would you? :-)

I missed out on the online part of this deal and it's now only available in store...what I don't get is that they say it's unlimited quantities but then they go ahead and limited the online part of it...
Mar 4, 2007
368 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
wukenne wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 4:35 pm
You wouldn't be willing to pick one up and ship to GTA, would you? :-)

I missed out on the online part of this deal and it's now only available in store...what I don't get is that they say it's unlimited quantities but then they go ahead and limited the online part of it...
You're not the first person to ask me that lol. I dont understand why FS or BB wont price match this. It is in their policy and they should honor it.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15487 posts
12001 upvotes
Toronto
For people in Toronto, Boss Sound in Woodbine Centre has the 16GB Sony Tablet S wi-fi for $239.99 while supplies last all this week (Originally $500).

Unique feature includes the universal remote control app for the built-in IR transmitter to operate your A/V gear and is PlayStation Certified. Fully DLNA compliant means it can stream from and to other DLNA equipment. For example, you can wirelessly 'throw' videos, music, and photos to a DLNA TV.
'
Unit has a 9.4" screen and runs Android ICS for now. And possibly Jellybean in Feb, 2013.

NOTE - this is one of those smaller , independent stores which might be more receptive to haggling as well. YMMV...
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Jul 21, 2008
570 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Siralex wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 5:01 pm
You're not the first person to ask me that lol. I dont understand why FS or BB wont price match this. It is in their policy and they should honor it.
They claim not to be able to pm one day Boxing Day sales, only boxing week sales, and not on Boxing Day itself