• Jan 1st, 2013 1:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15176 posts
816 upvotes
04BlkVibe wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 4:27 pm
PM the Le Pan 2 amazon deal with Bestbuy for $149. Great deal IMO.
Best Buy sells the Le Pan? I'm concerned about the QC but if the extended warranty is decent (price/service ) I'd be into that.

As the the PB and apps for epub try ePub Reader. Free and works.
Sign the petition from MP Sonia Sidhu demanding government 'dump the duties and taxes' on cross-border purchases
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/petitio ... s-2013921/
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1358 posts
421 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
HammerJoe wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:34 pm
The wife has a optimum points card... Where did you see about tomorrow deal?
How does that tie in with the senior discount? Wont the points go to that card instead of my wife??
I am interested if it takes $80 out of the price....
The senior discount is only on certain days, usually Thursdays. On seniors day you instantly save 20% off your total purchase and you get the regular amount of points only (10 points per dollar spent). Sometimes seniors day there is an extra bonus (on Dec 27th it was a bonus $10 gift card with over $75 purchase.

20x points event:
http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Opti ... s/20x.aspx

During the 20x event you pay reg price for the tablet, normally that would give you 2690 points but with a 20x event you get 2690x20=53800. After you buy the tablet you can redeem 50,000 points for $85 worth of goods from shoppers.

The 20x event is tomorrow, I would recommend going early. Finding stock of N7 might be hard.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
1537 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
datacipher wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:41 am
ROFL!!! Come on bud, you should do some HW before making such statements. Even at the firesale prices, RIM only managed to SHIP a 250,000 PB last quarter. Extraordinarily poor when asking 20% of the original price! Basically RIM has given up on the PB...and for good reason...they need to put everything into BB10, as it's their last shot at keeping the company in the market. It will fail, but they're putting everything into it, and they're right to. RIM will get some excitement over BB10 in the first couple months, then it, and the company will slowly fade.

Having said all that, the PB for 50$ boxing day deal is great, if it suits a particular persons needs, I'd recommend it for sure. Nothing to lose at that price!
Well the PB was on sale for ($99 64GB) in Saksatchewan this boxing week lol

Most people that I know (and that's not very many) that own PBs use RFD or they found out through me (of past sales) - even though it's been priced really cheap, I don't know very many people who have one. It seems to me that only cheap people (ie. only buying the PB because it was so cheap...for $499? Not a chance) were interested in buying the PB much like it was another "china tablet". Most of the RIM fanboys on RFD who keep boasting about how great a tablet it is and how it's such a steal at the price are simply deluded into justifying why they've been buying a PB EACH TIME there's been a sale when the truth is, none of them would fork over $500 on this tablet. (they also keep buying every single "accessory" that happens to be cheap like owning 3 different chargers, 3 cases, etc). The comparisons to the iPad are pretty ridiculous and fanboy like, pretty hypocritical as well as they like to point out apple fanboys all the time but fail to see how stupid their comments about how great the playbook are...

The PB feels better than ACER and China tablets, on par with google's "cheap" N7 and that's it. As someone who likes the PB a lot, who is waiting for BB10 phones to come out, I'll be honest lol...let's not make idiotic praises for a POS tablet that's now being sold as cheap garbage by Sasktel ($49 for 16gb, $99 for 64gb, can't remember 32gb).
Apr 20, 2012
151 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal
Bought the 64GB PB at Walmart as "Another"tablet for the kids. I already have 3 iPads, 1mini, 3iphones and 3 iPods in the house. I figured if people are buying, it must be something to it...

Played with it for a couple of hours, side loaded some ANDROID apps, and lost patience. Maybe it is a good tablet but I'm so used to Apple products. Despite the inventory of Apple products, I am not a "fanboy". Meaning. I don't spend my days bragging and waiting for new products. Having so many products that I can use seamlessly is just much easier for me.

I flipped the brand new PB on Craigslist and made $20 on the deal as someone desperately wanted the Boxing Day deal. Not a bad day...
Jun 22, 2009
475 posts
100 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks for idea!

Successfully PMed too. You saved me over $11 - this is RFD spirit!!!
Should be nice birthday present for my 5-years old god-son.
04BlkVibe wrote:
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1615 posts
124 upvotes
Edmonton
04BlkVibe wrote:

Link? Can seem to find the Le Pan in BB site?

Edit: Found it.
Unknown wrote:
Oct 13th, 2012 3:21 pm
Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
Aug 15, 2003
848 posts
126 upvotes
The Le Pan 2 seems like a good deal, I just hope I don't get a lemon.
Nov 10, 2007
22 posts
wukenne wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 4:35 pm
You wouldn't be willing to pick one up and ship to GTA, would you? :-)

I missed out on the online part of this deal and it's now only available in store...what I don't get is that they say it's unlimited quantities but then they go ahead and limited the online part of it...
Go to woodbridge walmart. I just pm'd one today from visions website.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1284 posts
250 upvotes
Ended up buying the Acer iconia 210 from staples as I needed a ten inch screen with an android op system. Loving it so far. Much much better than the PB I bought a year ago.
Dec 14, 2009
91 posts
13 upvotes
Kelowna
Ticco wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:37 am
Well the PB was on sale for ($99 64GB) in Saksatchewan this boxing week lol

Most people that I know (and that's not very many) that own PBs use RFD or they found out through me (of past sales) - even though it's been priced really cheap, I don't know very many people who have one. It seems to me that only cheap people (ie. only buying the PB because it was so cheap...for $499? Not a chance) were interested in buying the PB much like it was another "china tablet". Most of the RIM fanboys on RFD who keep boasting about how great a tablet it is and how it's such a steal at the price are simply deluded into justifying why they've been buying a PB EACH TIME there's been a sale when the truth is, none of them would fork over $500 on this tablet. (they also keep buying every single "accessory" that happens to be cheap like owning 3 different chargers, 3 cases, etc). The comparisons to the iPad are pretty ridiculous and fanboy like, pretty hypocritical as well as they like to point out apple fanboys all the time but fail to see how stupid their comments about how great the playbook are...

The PB feels better than ACER and China tablets, on par with google's "cheap" N7 and that's it. As someone who likes the PB a lot, who is waiting for BB10 phones to come out, I'll be honest lol...let's not make idiotic praises for a POS tablet that's now being sold as cheap garbage by Sasktel ($49 for 16gb, $99 for 64gb, can't remember 32gb).
Yes, the Sasktel deal was what I was referring to as well! Unbelievable low price. You assessment seems honest, and I think it fair; I largely agree.
Dec 31, 2012
11 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
I was looking for a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7inch for $149 but can't seem to find anymore?
× < >