Expired Hot Deals

TAG Heuer Friends & Family Sale Starts Monday June 10 2013 US

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2013 10:25 pm
Sep 19, 2004
389 posts
35 upvotes
Thanks op, it's right time to give myself a holiday gift.
Sep 24, 2012
611 posts
216 upvotes
CALGARY
for those who already bought on similar sale before, any idea what would be the percentage off, some where in the ball park?
Mar 6, 2005
362 posts
86 upvotes
I am not a fan of Tag but Zenith is very appealing depending on the discount.
Jul 31, 2008
8 posts
Looking forward to this. Quartz is good too! Do these watches sell out fast.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3792 posts
180 upvotes
apkesh wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:27 pm
people, before you throw money out on the name, do some research . Quatz almost drops to 50% in value soon after you take them out the door and mechanical around 70%. With mechanical, there is also the cost of servicing every few years, Rolex for example charges $600 for service and this needs to be done every 4 years. Watches are almost never an investment unless you go to very high end unique pieces in the 6k figure range. Even a 40K Audemars Piguet drops in value over time. Having said all this, automatic watches are a beautiful piece of art and if you want to have some fun wearing it, go for it!! :)
No idea what watches you're looking at but I rarely ever see any reasonable mechanical watch drop 70%... Quartz watches serve their own purpose but personally, i'd never spend more than $300 on a quartz watch...
Mar 15, 2006
28 posts
Ive used them once when I ordered a watch off of worldofwatches.com. Everything went smoothly and I can recommend them and will use them again. I put on the order that its a $45 valued watch and there was no duty charges. With shipping and their fee included I payed about 18$-20$ bucks to get it to my house from their warehouse.
sharkcalgary wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 2:32 pm
Which forwarding agency to use? Anyone uses shipito?
Aug 6, 2012
14 posts
2 upvotes
REGINA
spend $4600 two years ago for a tag carrera 16 specail edtion, now time for a new one.
Nov 29, 2006
554 posts
75 upvotes
sharkcalgary wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 11:48 am
Thank you kid3, but I am still waiting for an answer on how to purchase from the site with a credit card issued in Canada, and how to ship it to my city. If anyone knows, please respond.

Thank you.
Part 1: To use a credit card issued in Canada, all you have to do is call the credit card company and change to a USA address. If short term, then change it back right after. If longer term, just change a credit card that you don't use at all to make online CAD purchases and leave that card at a USA address. Make sure that you set your CC to paperless billing so you don't get mail at that address. Problem with this is that you still need to know somebody in the USA or have an address you can "list" but I think most people will know somebody that lives in the USA so it should be ok.

Part 2: Depending on which part of Canada you are from, you can use a mail forwarder (in which case you can use their address as well for billing for credit cards). You can google different companies. This option costs more and you may still be required to pay taxes and forwarding mail fees which makes buying in the USA more expensive and less attractive. If you live anywhere close to a border or able to go across and pick up the package, the BEST BEST option is to use either USPS PO Boxes or a 3rd party shipping receiver. The 3rd party shipping receivers will all be located close to the border and will be a lot of them. You can pick one close to wherever you are. If you ship a lot, I highly recommend that you rent a USPS PO Box. These are fairly cheap (can't remember the price but maybe around $66/year) but can pay half year as well. Price is just half whatever the yearly rental is so it's the same rate price. This option is best if you ship a lot because USPS does NOT charge you to receive parcels! It's all covered under the PO Box. You will be able to receive 99.9% of all packages as most companies will allow you to send to a street address and USPS allows for that now.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1703 posts
269 upvotes
Edmonton
wangluoqis wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 12:12 pm
spend $4600 two years ago for a tag carrera 16 specail edtion, now time for a new one.

wow, if I spent $4.6K on one I would'nt be getting another for 20years........... nice watch though!
Jul 13, 2006
240 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
Thank you Ktkn for your advice. Pinging my relatives in the states now.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1529 posts
105 upvotes
ktkn wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 5:56 pm
Part 1: To use a credit card issued in Canada, all you have to do is call the credit card company and change to a USA address. If short term, then change it back right after. If longer term, just change a credit card that you don't use at all to make online CAD purchases and leave that card at a USA address. Make sure that you set your CC to paperless billing so you don't get mail at that address. Problem with this is that you still need to know somebody in the USA or have an address you can "list" but I think most people will know somebody that lives in the USA so it should be ok.

Part 2: Depending on which part of Canada you are from, you can use a mail forwarder (in which case you can use their address as well for billing for credit cards). You can google different companies. This option costs more and you may still be required to pay taxes and forwarding mail fees which makes buying in the USA more expensive and less attractive. If you live anywhere close to a border or able to go across and pick up the package, the BEST BEST option is to use either USPS PO Boxes or a 3rd party shipping receiver. The 3rd party shipping receivers will all be located close to the border and will be a lot of them. You can pick one close to wherever you are. If you ship a lot, I highly recommend that you rent a USPS PO Box. These are fairly cheap (can't remember the price but maybe around $66/year) but can pay half year as well. Price is just half whatever the yearly rental is so it's the same rate price. This option is best if you ship a lot because USPS does NOT charge you to receive parcels! It's all covered under the PO Box. You will be able to receive 99.9% of all packages as most companies will allow you to send to a street address and USPS allows for that now.
I followed part one, change my primary address to a US address but was declined from them. Perhaps other will be have better luck , I will also try again if I see a watch I like. But when I emailed them they said you need a credit card issued in the US.
× < >