• Jul 4th, 2013 10:25 pm
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
1661 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
tpirovol wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 4:29 pm
I am not a fan of Tag but Zenith is very appealing depending on the discount.
I believe in the last couple of years, Zenith was not included in the sale. I haven't checked the sale in the last couple of years, but from what I remember, the discount was only slightly more than what you could get from an authorized dealer (there are a few pieces with more discount). Also, from what I've heard, watches bought from the F&F sale do not qualify for full warranty. Plus don't forget, if you declare at the border bringing it back, you may get dinged with tax/duty.

Here is a picture of my Zenith duo though :)

Jul 31, 2008
8 posts
Hope some Formula 1 Tags are on sale. Hope we get the codes soon!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4397 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
So, for someone who wants to buy a Tag Heuer, but would like full warranty and acknowledges that Canadians don't actually qualify for this sale, what are our best options, and how much off jewellery store list can I expect? Looking at the Tag Link series, in particular. Cheers,
May 8, 2007
959 posts
231 upvotes
Thanks OP...where did you buy this watch box???..
:razz: "Beer" :razz:
:arrow: The cause of :arrowl:
and :arrow: solution to :arrowl: all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!! :cheesygri :
Dec 26, 2008
827 posts
34 upvotes
Any ideas what kind of price range to except for the Formula 1 series? Saw them for $800 at Woodbury in NYC, wondering if they'll be any cheaper here
OLYMPIAKOS GATE 7

ΟΣΦΠ Misfits
Nov 29, 2006
534 posts
71 upvotes
kid3 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 10:34 pm
I followed part one, change my primary address to a US address but was declined from them. Perhaps other will be have better luck , I will also try again if I see a watch I like. But when I emailed them they said you need a credit card issued in the US.
Not sure why you were declined, I have never had any trouble with BMO, CIBC, RBC, MBNA, or Capital One. However, if you tell them you want to change the address but aren't actually going to be there, then they probably won't change it for you. You can tell them you are travelling there and will be there for a few months for example and they usually do 1 of 2 things. They can ADD a temporary address on your file, but I don't like this option as you get a lot more problems with the address matching even though it's suppose to match the additional address as well. I would try to get them to change the address completely and leave only the 1 usa address on file. This way, the card will match.

I'm not familiar whether or not LVMH will need a Card ISSUED in the USA, although almost all retailers that say they do, DO NOT need it ISSUED in the USA. I'm not saying they do not, I don't know, but most do not even if they say they do. As long as it's a USD Address, it's usually good, but in this case, I do not know cause I've never tried so YMMV on that. If you do a lot of cross border shopping, it is advisable to apply for a USD credit card or even a USD Debit Visa/Mastercard. The credit card may be a little more difficult without a SSN, but if you're close to the USA, then apply to a smaller bank, and usually they will have zero fee checking accounts and include a debit card which also serves as a visa/mastercard but you must have funds in it.
Nov 29, 2006
534 posts
71 upvotes
For all the TAG experts out there: What would be a super good deal on a Aqua Racer Automatic? What's the lowest price you can find these on sale?
Jun 25, 2012
12 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
milhaus wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 7:04 pm
So, for someone who wants to buy a Tag Heuer, but would like full warranty and acknowledges that Canadians don't actually qualify for this sale, what are our best options, and how much off jewellery store list can I expect? Looking at the Tag Link series, in particular. Cheers,
If you buy a Tag at Birks they will add 1-year warranty onto the 2-years provided by Tag for 3 years. If you buy at Birks they usually give you 1 free battery replacement card (value $90+tax), sweet talk your way into two - they don't track them ;)

Typical discount in Vancouver is 12-16% off list, varying from model to model but typically 12%.

After shopping around I went to Birks and got a Calibre S. List was $3,700 and the "best" they could do was $3,100 but I asked for a round $3,000 and they agreed.

Hope this helps!
Jul 25, 2006
53 posts
2 upvotes
So... what's the Access Key for this time?
Nov 29, 2006
534 posts
71 upvotes
anybody have an access code for this sale yet?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
6845 posts
1053 upvotes
Richmond Hill
stockboy88 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 11:46 pm
If you buy a Tag at Birks they will add 1-year warranty onto the 2-years provided by Tag for 3 years. If you buy at Birks they usually give you 1 free battery replacement card (value $90+tax), sweet talk your way into two - they don't track them ;)

Typical discount in Vancouver is 12-16% off list, varying from model to model but typically 12%.

After shopping around I went to Birks and got a Calibre S. List was $3,700 and the "best" they could do was $3,100 but I asked for a round $3,000 and they agreed.

Hope this helps!
Birks is crap for discounts. Hate to say it but TAGS should be an easy 30% off list.
Jul 5, 2012
9 posts
Google shows that the previous ones were:

holidayff2011
ffsalefall10
dad&grad2012
holiday2010

Switching out the year doesn't seem to work :| We'll just have to wait... :facepalm:
× < >