Takata Airbag Recall - Free rental car

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2016 8:13 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Si98 wrote: As if VW doesn't have enough problems...

BMW, Volkswagen, Daimler recall vehicles in U.S. with Takata air bags

Don't know if this news is worthy of a brand new thread...may as well lump it with this one as it involves Takata again.
Already posted in the "Takata Air Bag Scandal: investigation reveals Takata may have hidden testing failures" thread...
takata-air-bag-scandal-investigation-re ... st25105619
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2474 posts
170 upvotes
[quote="tk1000" post_id="25106693" time="1455132351" user_id="588766"]Already posted in the "Takata Air Bag Scandal: investigation reveals Takata may have hidden testing failures" thread...
[url]takata

Oh thanks. Didn't see that thread.
Nov 30, 2007
521 posts
87 upvotes
North York
What do people do about insurance? Honda says they dont have parts till July and can give rental, but it is "without insurance".
Our regular insurance doesn't cover rentals and we don't want to be out of pocket for PAI/CDW or whatever it is now.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7632 upvotes
ON
stasik wrote: What do people do about insurance? Honda says they dont have parts till July and can give rental, but it is "without insurance".
Our regular insurance doesn't cover rentals and we don't want to be out of pocket for PAI/CDW or whatever it is now.
Your car insurance will cover it. Talk to them.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Got a recall on my Acura. Wondering what kind of out of pocket expenses might add up on the potential rental. Wondering if anyone has getting any other offer for compensation if they were able to use another family members vehicle or something.

Sounds like the issue is more down in the USA with humidity/heat/etc but at the same time I feel a bit nervous wondering what could potentially happen. Dealership says you store the recalled vehicle on your driveway and they will take a picture of the odometer. You need to return the vehicle with no extra used KMs for the re-imbursement to be approved. (They factor in distance to/from dealership). It might be different at different dealerships.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1699 posts
999 upvotes
redalot wrote: I dont think thats a issue at all.. when they give return my car it should be in working condition,, I am not responsible for any issue with the car while its parked at dealership.
I would not say that is true. You took your car in for an airbag recall, and they will do a airbag recall. No more, no less. If your e-brake siezes, they will not be taking any responsibility.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Sep 8, 2007
69 posts
44 upvotes
I went to Honda dealer last week around wednesday or thursday for my 09 Honda Fit, they said I will received a call from the Manager in 3-5 business days. This morning I received a call from the manager that my loaner car was reserved and I just need to sign a "waiver" whenever I'm available during this week. They didn't need me to take a picture of the odometer.

The dealer said that the parts should be become available in early June for my Fit.

The car is from enterprise a Fiat 500 "sport", I could change to a Versa when they have it available. They only asked for a safety deposit of 250$ on your credit card
Apr 10, 2016
1 posts
The procedure seems to be to call your Honda dealer and they'll arrange it. There are a couple issues that could be a problem.

* Insurance - If you have 2 cars you may be able to cancel it on your Honda and use your "rental insurance" on your other car
* What happens to a car that isn't used for 6 month - or more
* Accessories - we have a trailer hitch - rentals don't have trailer hitches!

We'll have our rental by the end of the week I think.
williwx wrote: If Honda cannot supply enough replacement parts, customers may receive free rental cars and “the provision of or reimbursement for temporary alternative transportation,” the document said.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014111 ... ars-werent

To be confirm.... I'll update the post if anyone can confirm the actual procedure for this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)