Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: Talk about people in USA and Canada is racist?

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2015 10:51 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 29, 2015
111 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby, BC

Talk about people in USA and Canada is racist?

I didn't check my private message box until today. What a shock!

I got one infraction for talking about unwed teenage pregnancy in Canadian high schools. (they say it is racist to identify the racial majority people in Canada to have unwed teenage pregnancy? If all the unwed teenage moms were foreigners, it would be ok?)

I got another infraction for saying the racial majority people in North America have total control over everything here. I am racist for worshipping their dominance here?

The 3rd infraction I got is the word "bastard". Something about language filter? I don't see it is filtering here.

The censorship here is alarming.

However, I don't see they have any problem with Chinese/non-Chinese immigration marriage thread. So strange!
Share:
5 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
32828 posts
7063 upvotes
Ottawa
I too got an infraction from one of the moderates for "Cursing/Bypassing Bad Word Filter". I PM'd the moderator that gave me the infraction in defense of what I did but they do not even bother to respond. They have not even looked at the PM for over 2 weeks.
I have another PM to a moderator and have been awaiting a response for almost a month...they have not opened the PM yet either. Seems the moderators are quick to moderate but very slow to respond or explain or discuss. I think that if you moderate and issue infractions, you should at least have the courtesy of responding to PM's.
Life is short......Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics :). Anonymous
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7748 posts
2917 upvotes
MichaelChing wrote:
May 18th, 2015 7:18 am
I didn't check my private message box until today. What a shock!

I got one infraction for talking about unwed teenage pregnancy in Canadian high schools. (they say it is racist to identify the racial majority people in Canada to have unwed teenage pregnancy? If all the unwed teenage moms were foreigners, it would be ok?)

I got another infraction for saying the racial majority people in North America have total control over everything here. I am racist for worshipping their dominance here?

The 3rd infraction I got is the word "bastard". Something about language filter? I don't see it is filtering here.

The censorship here is alarming.

However, I don't see they have any problem with Chinese/non-Chinese immigration marriage thread. So strange!

The problem here is people like to spew out stats or make comments about a particular race and that's it. No mention of the why's and how's. Too many people with agendas who don't want to have a legitimate discussion. That's the most frustrating thing of all.

I think there's one racial group that takes the brunt of the criticism on here and that group has very little representation so it continues. I'd say the majority of posters on here are white/black...which means well...open season on other racial groups.

I have read your posts in the past and can understand why you had gotten an infraction.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3176 posts
2469 upvotes
The NORTH
I called out someone for promoting pirating a budgeting program. My post got deleted because I used the word Pirate and they did not?!? The moron that then made a fake account called justforkr0zet and pm'ed me. Report that as well but nothing happened because I guess checking for two users with the same IP (a forum violation) would have taken work.

I reported a thread promoting a travel voucher from a travel site; the voucher was handed out to participants at a blind persons convention. The voucher was intended to be used by people that traveled to and from the convention or for later travel by attendees. The voucher required airfare and hotel to be purchased. People were advocating using the voucher to book a $3 a night south american hotel and any flight they wanted to get the discount on the flight. This was a disgusting use of the system and the mods did nothing because despite violating the spirit of the voucher it did not break any 'rules'. The funny part was that the travel company figured out what was going on pretty quick and cancelled itineraries (some people mid trip) because of the violation... The outcry was unreal from people that didn't get to use the voucher, but who knew it was never intended for them.

P.S. IBTL
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1661 upvotes
Bookmarked this thread for a fantastic laugh before it completely gets deleted. :lol:

Thanks guys.