Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

"Talk and Save" 45$/54$ BYOD 2GB/3GB Unlimited Canada-wide

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2015 7:49 pm
Mar 5, 2007
26 posts
84 upvotes

"Talk and Save" 45$/54$ BYOD 2GB/3GB Unlimited Canada-wide

Mod Edit: Referral discussion is strictly prohibited on RFD. We have already cleaned up this thread. Any further violations of this rule will result in infractions / removal of posting privileges.

Just got this plan, not showing in their site. Have to call them http://wireless.talkandsave.ca/contact

They also have 54$ 3GB BYOD (60$-6$) when last week I called.

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img661/9282/nwLAmB.jpg[/IMG]
668 replies
Jan 3, 2015
17 posts
Toronto, ON
talk and save similar to cityfone? since their sites are the same and stuff. so are they under rogers?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1828 posts
574 upvotes
chorong wrote: talk and save similar to cityfone? since their sites are the same and stuff. so are they under rogers?
city phone reseller. so your on the 3rd leg of support lol
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
chorong wrote: talk and save similar to cityfone? since their sites are the same and stuff. so are they under rogers?
Cityfone, operated by Rogers Communications, is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the Talk & Save wireless Program and provides all customer support and enrollment.
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
cfanalyst wrote: city phone reseller. so your on the 3rd leg of support lol
please read the following quote
vt8888 wrote: Cityfone, operated by Rogers Communications, is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the Talk & Save wireless Program and provides all customer support and enrollment.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
I'm with Zoomer which is another company under Cityfone. Customer Service is provided by Cityfone and is IMHO the best in the business. There have been several threads on RFD in the past six or nine months discussing deals with Zoomer and Cityfone. Most comments related to customer service have been very positive.
cfanalyst wrote: city phone reseller. so your on the 3rd leg of support lol
Jul 19, 2003
778 posts
106 upvotes
Markham
How do you port your Rogers to this service? Do you have to call and cancel Rogers first?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Wow. Nice deal

I'm with rbc talk and save for about 4 months now. Love it
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
morpheiz wrote: How do you port your Rogers to this service? Do you have to call and cancel Rogers first?
Get rbc deal first. Then call rbc to port #. Once ported. Your Rogers is automatically cancelled
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Plus you get $25 credit if someone refers you
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
morpheiz wrote: How do you port your Rogers to this service? Do you have to call and cancel Rogers first?
You never cancel the old - Cityphone will arrange the transfer and that will trigger the cancellation, but you can always phone after the fact to confirm (and to organise any refund that you may be owed.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
fredsmith wrote: You never cancel the old - Cityphone will arrange the transfer and that will trigger the cancellation, but you can always phone after the fact to confirm (and to organise any refund that you may be owed.
Rogers will mail you a cheque if any amount owe to you
hated on but respected.
Oct 26, 2009
607 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
FYI.
Term and Condition :
"6. Canada-wide airtime minutes only. Long distance charges apply when outside your local calling area."

Checkout 'service charges'.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
strangguy wrote: FYI.
Term and Condition :
"6. Canada-wide airtime minutes only. Long distance charges apply when outside your local calling area."

Checkout 'service charges'.
Those terms only apply to the 'free incoming calls' feature.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
Good deal compared to the big 3 without jumping through hoops to get it.

Data overages seem high tho unless different terms for this plan.

3GB allotment would be my sweet spot.
Oct 26, 2009
607 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
IWannaWin wrote: That's relating to the 'free incoming calls' feature.
My understanding is that you will be charged when you use your phone outside your city. Calling and receiving.
I am with Telus. I got 'ding' with that.
Anyone on "Talk and Save" can call and clarify this?

How about those 'service charges'? What do I have to pay to get in and/or get out?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
strangguy wrote: My understanding is that you will be charged when you use your phone outside your city. Calling and receiving.

How about those 'service charges'? What do I have to pay to get in and/or get out?
This is Canada wide calling though. So isn't it free to pick up and call outside your area
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3631 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
lol i am signed up using cityfone but they set me up with rbc talk and save.. everytime i talk to cityfone bishes.. whenver i call them, they call themselves cityfone.

probably the best customer service i dealt with in a long time
====================================
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
strangguy wrote: My understanding is that you will be charged when you use your phone outside your city. Calling and receiving.

I'm sure they waive the $25 activation fee.
There's no early cancellation fee because this isn't a contract. They won't charge you a cancellation fee.
Jan 2, 2015
17 posts
Brampton, ON
yao416 wrote: This is Canada wide calling though. So isn't it free to pick up and call outside your area
Can someone confirm this ! I can pickup anywhere within Canada and will or will not be charged?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)