Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Tanger - **Ottawa** - Grand Opening Today. Outlet Mall *Fireworks*

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2014 1:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…

Tanger - **Ottawa** - Grand Opening Today. Outlet Mall *Fireworks*

Heard on the news that traffic has been ridiculous all day due to this.

I had a quick look on their website; there are some good deals for a limited time for this Grand Opening period so have a gander.

There's also some great Events & Family fun planned for the week-end.

Best of all, Fireworks tonight 8pm!

RFD meet? :D
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
71 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
Drove by today and it was a complete traffic nightmare.

Can't see it being much better this weekend, plus the Sens are playing at home, albeit at 7pm; but hockey nights already present traffic congestions on their own!
Feb 15, 2012
27 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I live in Kanata north. A good alternative route for getting to the mall is by getting off at the terry fox exit (westbound) and right of terry fox, left on richardson rd, and left on huntmard rd. A bit of route, but on a day like today might be worth it. Gets to the back entrance. Went that way earlier.
Nov 9, 2013
15 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
I heard they organized a shuttle bus every half hour from the canadian tire centre for parking. But yeah there is a game tomorrow evening, this could get bad haha. May go check it out tomorrow, finally something good in the west end (coming from stittsville)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5918 posts
7339 upvotes
I work in kanata and decided to go at 8:00pm to see the fireworks. What a circus. expect to spend sometime in the parking lot.

There are good deals to be had. Lots of store have 50% off this weekend till sunday on many good items. Before song go to the info center and get 20% off coupon to get more discount.

Some things I saw, prices before discount.
Winter/snowboarding jackets from $110-$220
Fossil watches leather and metal $120-$180
Aldo men's dress shows $90-$100
Plus there is coach, Michael kors, Nike, tommy, CK...
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4769 posts
1560 upvotes
Why were there 2 sessions of fireworks at 8:05 and 8:30?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
Sounds like it was a madhouse there. I'm hoping if I stop by on Sunday an hour before closing, the traffic would die down.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3986 posts
2351 upvotes
Ottawa
I was wondering what they were talking about on the radio when they mentioned the craziness at some new outlet mall. heard the parking is crazy. dunno if i want to check it out..altho i wanna get some shoes and dress shirts.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2009
1156 posts
163 upvotes
Ottawa
I heard it was pretty nuts, I even saw a pic tweeted of a woman pulled off the highway in traffic to do a diaper change.
Mar 23, 2012
44 posts
62 upvotes
Brampton
Went there around 5pm... Older GPS so it could not find the direction so as charmtail said I ended up going via richardson (fluke). If anyone is looking for an awesome bargain, forget it. People are buying like crazy just cuz of the hype. if you want to buy stuff from Adidas or Puma you are better of buying online cuz it would be cheaper... better yet buy it in the States. the Guess factory store in Gloucester has a better collection than the one here. The only shops I did like were Calvin Klein and Fossil. They have some decent (not great) bargains.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone go today? How does it look...wife wants to go tonight for our wedding anniversary! :( I'd rather go for a root canal than be stuck in double westend traffic (Sens and Tanger).
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2367 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
I might go check it out next year when there's less people :D
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1430 posts
421 upvotes
Ottawa
Rudy wrote: I might go check it out next year when there's less people :D
Ebola or...? :twisted:
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1343 posts
151 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: Anyone go today? How does it look...wife wants to go tonight for our wedding anniversary! :( I'd rather go for a root canal than be stuck in double westend traffic (Sens and Tanger).
It wasn't too bad actually, I got in off the 417 without much congestion and found a parking spot within 2 minutes as people are always leaving. Getting out was a different story, took 10-15 minutes as people were leaving droves due to the rain.

The deals weren't blockbuster but what you'd expect from a typical outlet. Some stores were meh...like Under Armour...entire Puma store was 50% which was cool, maybe they always have this due to their ridiculous markup? I don't know. Glad that we finally have an Outlet now though!
Feb 14, 2012
45 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Just went there today, highway traffic was fine, not busy at all (except for where there is construction -- this has nothing to do with the outlet traffic -- just regular traffic on saturdays...:S). Found parking within 2 minutes.
It's busy, but there are plenty of people going in and out. The outdoor setup probably helps -- no time to loiter.. lol.

Reminded me of a slightly smaller scale Toronto premium outlets. The store sizes seemed bigger than premium outlets -- more comparable to Vaughan mills outlet. So that was nice. Only lineup for store at the time was for michael kors. Waited about 2 minutes in line, tops.

Didn't buy anything, but I will be back in the future to do so for sure. Its' great that there's an outlet in Ottawa now -- great gift ideas and personal shopping.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3986 posts
2351 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got back from there. Arrived at around 4:30. The parking lot was insane, spent 20 mins trying to find a spot. Lineup at Micheal Kors to get in.
Went to almost every store and didn't feel like there were any blazing hot deals. Prices were still cheaper when i was at the outlet in Washington DC.

Some places of note were Calvin Klein, with the sales a bunch of there stuff was actually normal price. Many of their "body" lines shirts, t-shirts, and long sleeve 100% cotton were very soft and stretchy, best i seen/felt in a while.
Haggar had $25 khaki pants.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3897 posts
2322 upvotes
Ottawa
snider wrote: It wasn't too bad actually, I got in off the 417 without much congestion and found a parking spot within 2 minutes as people are always leaving. Getting out was a different story, took 10-15 minutes as people were leaving droves due to the rain.

The deals weren't blockbuster but what you'd expect from a typical outlet. Some stores were meh...like Under Armour...entire Puma store was 50% which was cool, maybe they always have this due to their ridiculous markup? I don't know. Glad that we finally have an Outlet now though!
The PUMA sale should last until Halloween (Oct 31)
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Ended up going last night. Mostly meh...got some jeans at Lucky for 40% off (so around $50 a pair). Most stores were pretty much regular retail pricing. I needed some underwear so my wife went to Calvin Klein store. 2 pairs for $35. EXACTLY the same Costco has right not for $18/2pairs, down to the same packaging.

Puma store 50% was ok for those who like that. Didn't get anything because 50% off a $80 shirt is still not a deal IMO. Coach 30% off grand opening...I was at Premium Toronto just last weekend and the entire store was 50% + extra 20% off clearance. They should at least hand you a tube of lube as ou walk in when they tell you everything is 30% off.

Many stores aren't open yet. A few mom'n pop stores that will be out of business by this time next year. Had a Tanger GC that didn't work when customer service swore it would. Growing pains I guess...plus it doesn't look like they need deals to get people out there right now. However I did notice that everyone walking around had either no bags or 2 at most. I'm used to US outlets where husband is holding 8 bags with a few around his neck, 14 bags are hanging off the stroller and the woman is carrying 1 bag of the most expensive goods. lol Seeing more browsers than buyers really kills the outlet feeling for some reason.