Tangerine 3 months 2.5% and 3% Expiring - any new offer

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2017 1:56 pm
[OP]
Jan 23, 2009
438 posts
132 upvotes

Tangerine 3 months 2.5% and 3% Expiring - any new offer

Our Tangerine 90 days 2.50% and 3.00% that we got back in September and October expiring now just wondering if any one got any extension or new offer
1723 replies
Jul 1, 2006
231 posts
80 upvotes
Haven't tried yet - I have another 10 days or so.

Let us know if you are able to get any further promos!
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2512 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
I'm on 3% until end of Dec for mine.

I would assume the next batch won't be out until early Jan. Maybe late Dec? Usually you can call and complain and they give you 3 months 1.6% which is better than the default 0.8%
[OP]
Jan 23, 2009
438 posts
132 upvotes
sckor wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 11:57 pm
Haven't tried yet - I have another 10 days or so.

Let us know if you are able to get any further promos!

called last Friday to see what in store for the RRSP and TFSA no promo only % 0.80 asked her about the non register no promo yet
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2762 posts
532 upvotes
Tangerine is SUCH a waste of time. They should stop messing with people.
Jul 1, 2006
231 posts
80 upvotes
agit wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 11:00 am
called last Friday to see what in store for the RRSP and TFSA no promo only % 0.80 asked her about the non register no promo yet
Thanks for the update - that is a disappointing start. :(
Jun 6, 2014
81 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mines expires today Dec 5th. I called last week, was told no promos at this time. I was asking for the regular savings account.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
3491 posts
698 upvotes
Is there a secret to asking Tangerine and getting Tangerine to give you a special promo rate?

i.e. deposit large sum of money into account and then call them telling them you are moving it out if they don't give you a special rate?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
9667 posts
3512 upvotes
BC
Speedy1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 9:46 pm
Is there a secret to asking Tangerine and getting Tangerine to give you a special promo rate?

i.e. deposit large sum of money into account and then call them telling them you are moving it out if they don't give you a special rate?
I think you have to be lucky caller number X.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Jul 1, 2006
231 posts
80 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 9:46 pm
I've typically just asked the rep if they could extend my existing promotion and they've usually obliged. At least once I had to threaten to leave and tell them where I was planning to transfer the money and what the rate was.

But it seems like Scrooge may be running the show at Tangerine this Christmas.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2881 posts
508 upvotes
My promo rate expires on Dec 28 I think ...

I called few days ago .. and was vaguely told it's 0.8% ... but it was too early anyhow ... that's why he told me there was no promo rate on my account yet ..

Would be funny if finally they would not been offer anything but 0.8% ...

My money would travel to EQ or Alterna or whoever else in no time :)
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2881 posts
508 upvotes
I just called them .. to test the water basically (way to early, considering I got 3 more weeks to go until promo end Dec 28) ....

And ... "my luck" basically, lol .. - their "system is down for scheduled maintenance" until 7 am or something like that ...
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2881 posts
508 upvotes
Well .. those are different products ... Savings account is a different product from those two.

Mines expires today Dec 5th. I called last week, was told no promos at this time. I was asking for the regular savings account.
Well .. that sounded quite negative to me ...

So.... I called again this morning, just now (now that their system is back up, that was down due to maintenance when I called at night) ... and ended up speaking to supervisor about all this ..

She told me .. that I've been a good Tangerine client for many many years .. and 0.8% ( = no promo ) .. is incorrect info, in my case anyhow ... -- as of right now (as of today) they can / would give me 2% promo if I was to take that offer / deal today ..

Of course I didn't take it .. as I have 3 more weeks to go at 3% promo.

p.s.

by the way, I made the supervisor aware .. that EQ bank pays 2% as well (their current rate, not a promo rate) .. and that PCF started giving out 2.25% promos effective Jan 1, 2017 - March 17, 2017 (or something like that, as indicated in another thread here).
[OP]
Jan 23, 2009
438 posts
132 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 12:09 pm
- as of right now (as of today) they can / would give me 2% promo if I was to take that offer / deal today ..
p.s.

thanks for the info well the first offer from tangerine now at 2.00% do you remember for how long is it 90 or 180 days?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2881 posts
508 upvotes
^ ^ ... the duration wasn't even an issue there (as I wasn't going to take it anyhow for now) ... so it was never brought up ... I would assume it would have been for 90 or 180 days (more likely for 90 days).