• Aug 4th, 2017 2:40 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10111 posts
3063 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
psyko514 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 9:27 am
OK, and the current promo cycle should be ending at the end of this month?
Yes. Make sure the account is drained by the end of March. Then during the first week of April wait for the e-mail and/or login to your TING account and/or monitor this thread. If you still haven't got an offer by April 10th then phone TING and ask what they can do for you.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16827 posts
1776 upvotes
GTA West
psyko514 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 9:27 am
OK, and the current promo cycle should be ending at the end of this month? I'm currently not receiving any promo rate and the account is new (opened in August) so I'm not sure how it works. Thanks.
The promo cycle ends whenever your current promo ends :)
Though I think most people's promos (including mine) go until the end of March.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Aug 26, 2004
274 posts
14 upvotes
If a TING promo ends on 3/31, when are you supposed to initiate the withdrawl from EQ to pull money from TING as I understand the pull take a day or 2 to process? If my money is still in TING after 3/31 TING wouldn't consider those funds as new money when I push it back during the next promo.
FS: NZ Mint Donald Duck 80th Anniversary 0.999 Gold Coins - $750 Shipped. PM me. Thanks.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10111 posts
3063 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rfdmember wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 10:07 am
If a TING promo ends on 3/31, when are you supposed to initiate the withdrawl from EQ to pull money from TING as I understand the pull take a day or 2 to process?
I would do it 3 business days before month-end. It shouldn't take 3 days, but just to be sure.
If my money is still in TING after 3/31 TING wouldn't consider those funds as new money when I push it back during the next promo.
Probably April 1st, but this year that's on a Saturday. So I'd aim for March 31st.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 22, 2015
362 posts
67 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 10:59 am
I would do it 3 business days before month-end. It shouldn't take 3 days, but just to be sure.

Probably April 1st, but this year that's on a Saturday. So I'd aim for March 31st.
So my current offer expires the 18th.
So if I move money to the tangerine chequing acct before this date I may get new offer?

If I don't get an offer should I call in and ask for one? Especially if they see that my money is still sitting in the chequing account.
Or is It better to move money completely from tangerine before calling?

TIA
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10106 posts
3713 upvotes
BC
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 9:45 am
The promo cycle ends whenever your current promo ends :)
Though I think most people's promos (including mine) go until the end of March.
You are talking about a personal promo.

*The* promo cycle runs once a quarter and seems to be the 4th or 5th day into the quarter. e.g. Jan 4, Apr 4, ...
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
1950 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
I was on a 3-month 1.6% , expiring in a few days. Called them earlier this week and all they were able to offer was to renew the existing offer for another 3 months. I wasn't too thrilled.

I was doing some work on my PC this morning so I decided to chat with a rep about this through their website. This time I got a better offer: 2% for the next 3 months which I accepted.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
1950 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
I had another offer from CIBC which is expiring soon: 1.75% for 3 months.

Called them today and they couldn't offer much. They would put my money (currently in a non-TFSA saving account) into a GIC saving account paying 0.9% which I refused of course.

I know this thread is dedicated to Tangerine. But anyone banking with CIBC and taking advantage of this 3-month promo of 1.75%? Did you call them yet to try and extend it?
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
Jul 2, 2015
153 posts
42 upvotes
Woodbridge905 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 3:36 pm
I had another offer from CIBC which is expiring soon: 1.75% for 3 months.

Called them today and they couldn't offer much. They would put my money (currently in a non-TFSA saving account) into a GIC saving account paying 0.9% which I refused of course.

I know this thread is dedicated to Tangerine. But anyone banking with CIBC and taking advantage of this 3-month promo of 1.75%? Did you call them yet to try and extend it?
Just curious, but why do you waste your time fiddling with something like CIBC when you can get 1.95-2.00% with the easily available alternatives without having to beg/grovel in order to get a fair return on your savings ?
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1172 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal
parclub wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 4:57 pm
Just curious, but why do you waste your time fiddling with something like CIBC when you can get 1.95-2.00% with the easily available alternatives without having to beg/grovel in order to get a fair return on your savings ?
I don't know him, but I see a lot of people (maybe retired or whatever) that loves to call Banks every day and speak to different CSR's.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
1950 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
parclub wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 4:57 pm
Good question and it is a long story really as to why I have some money at CIBC when I could move them to others with better saving rates. And that is exactly what I will if they don't extend my rate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7106 posts
371 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 9:17 am
Just make sure you move all of the money out of savings slightly before the end of the current promo. It can even be in your Tangerine chequing.
If you get a new offer, they will send an e-mail and also it will appear when you log in to Tangerine.
wra45mon wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 11:46 am
So my current offer expires the 18th.
So if I move money to the tangerine chequing acct before this date I may get new offer?

If I don't get an offer should I call in and ask for one? Especially if they see that my money is still sitting in the chequing account.
Or is It better to move money completely from tangerine before calling?

TIAw
Not saying that I don't believe it, but can we get some sort of clarification that someone has done this? Moved all of their money out of Tangerine's savings into Tangerine Chequing, received the new quarterly offer, moved the money back in and it qualified? This would save an awful lot of time from having to transfer everything to another financial institution and back.
Nov 12, 2014
70 posts
23 upvotes
Levis, QC
Frankie3s wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 5:59 pm
Not saying that I don't believe it, but can we get some sort of clarification that someone has done this? Moved all of their money out of Tangerine's savings into Tangerine Chequing, received the new quarterly offer, moved the money back in and it qualified? This would save an awful lot of time from having to transfer everything to another financial institution and back.
I did it in December and it worked. Moved my money before the end of December and moved it back when I had the new offer on January 5th or so. The only risk is there's no guarantee you'll get a special offer (even if you call).
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16827 posts
1776 upvotes
GTA West
Frankie3s wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 5:59 pm
Corfius wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 6:04 pm
I did it in December and it worked. Moved my money before the end of December and moved it back when I had the new offer on January 5th or so. The only risk is there's no guarantee you'll get a special offer (even if you call).
Indeed. But IMO it is better to move the money out into some other high interest account because you don't know if/when another offer from Tangerine will come.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Mar 4, 2014
68 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
Corfius wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 6:04 pm
Did the same thing, but ended up with a 1.6% offer. Kept my money at EQ

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)