Personal Finance

Tangerine Interest Rate Lottery thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2024 11:28 am
Mar 6, 2017
297 posts
231 upvotes
ace604 wrote: Are you asking for someone to confirm something that hasn't happened yet?

In the past it has worked.
Thank you, yes, I meant in the past just for a simple reference.
Jan 23, 2009
945 posts
1922 upvotes
Ontario
Well here you go guys lol I should have moved my money out loll

also this thread received only 4 upvote we need some vote for this thread

as I did post 3 months ago the winter promo info before the promo here you go again the spring promo the info from the same web site

To Get Your Special Rate:
• On April 4, 2017, we’ll add up the balances in each of your Tangerine Savings Accounts and Tangerine TFSA Savings Accounts, to get your total balances per Account Type.

• From April 5, 2017 to June 30, 2017, you’ll earn your special interest rate on up to $500,000 in new deposits that raise your total Applicable Account Type* balances above what they were on April 4th. All other deposits will earn the applicable Posted Rate.

Keep in mind:
• Deposits to TFSA Savings Accounts are subject to Canada Revenue Agency contribution limits. Although up to $500,000 in new deposits to each of these Applicable Account Types* can qualify for your special interest rate, you’ll want to make sure that your deposits are within your contribution limits.

• Your special rate will only apply to joint Accounts where you are the Primary Account Holder on the Account.
Jan 23, 2009
945 posts
1922 upvotes
Ontario
bryan35 wrote: What rate?
as you can see from the above post "you’ll earn your special interest" as per past promo from none or 1.75% to 3.25%
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1617 posts
675 upvotes
agit wrote: Well here you go guys lol I should have moved my money out loll

also this thread received only 4 upvote we need some vote for this thread

as I did post 3 months ago the winter promo info before the promo here you go again the spring promo the info from the same web site

To Get Your Special Rate:
• On April 4, 2017, we’ll add up the balances in each of your Tangerine Savings Accounts and Tangerine TFSA Savings Accounts, to get your total balances per Account Type.

• From April 5, 2017 to June 30, 2017, you’ll earn your special interest rate on up to $500,000 in new deposits that raise your total Applicable Account Type* balances above what they were on April 4th. All other deposits will earn the applicable Posted Rate.

Keep in mind:
• Deposits to TFSA Savings Accounts are subject to Canada Revenue Agency contribution limits. Although up to $500,000 in new deposits to each of these Applicable Account Types* can qualify for your special interest rate, you’ll want to make sure that your deposits are within your contribution limits.

• Your special rate will only apply to joint Accounts where you are the Primary Account Holder on the Account.
Did you see this in your email or was it an announcement when you logged into Tangerine? I haven't seen anything yet.
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Jan 23, 2009
945 posts
1922 upvotes
Ontario
it is from Tangerine web site but you must have the link to see it - IT IS NOT AN OFFER but that what in store tomorrow form Tangerine I believe the rate offer will showup tomorrow
Last edited by agit on Apr 4th, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8476 posts
6210 upvotes
someone received an offer already? I got none and logged in to the account had no banner either :(. I guess I'm not getting one this time
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1617 posts
675 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: someone received and offer already? I got none an logged in to the account had no banner either :(. I guess I'm not getting one this time
I think they stagger them throughout the start of the promo. Last time I didn't get it right away, I logged in a few hours later and had a banner. I didn't get the email until the following day.
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Jul 22, 2015
79 posts
28 upvotes
Vernon, BC
I guess I find out if I get an offer, or not tomorrow. At the end of Feb, I called in prior to my end of Feb promo. CSR asked if I was accepting or declining their 2% extended offer. I told them neither, and moved my money. They may or may not have accepted my reply as a decline. If so, I guess I will move my funds into EQ and Zag bank.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8476 posts
6210 upvotes
Yeah, it looks like the web page is preparing for tomorrow offers
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3538 posts
876 upvotes
Don't be nosey
Anyone receive any promos yet?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28909 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Just got this:
You're earning a special rate! From Apr 05, 2017 to Jun 30, 2017, your interest rate on up to $500,000 of new money deposited in your Tangerine Savings Account(s) and Tax-Free Savings Account(s) made between Apr 05, 2017 and Jun 30, 2017 is 3.21%. (This Offer applies only where you're the primary Account holder).
Sure glad I didn't fall for TING's 2% sucker gimmick last week.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1545 upvotes
Brampton
Also got 3.21% wow!!! I just checked lol
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
Apr 7, 2013
245 posts
92 upvotes
Deux-Montagnes, QC
Got 2.6%, I had 2.59% for winter promo, I guess it's an improvement lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)