Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Tangerine - 3% on Sept 1-15 deposits until Nov 30th

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2014 9:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes

Tangerine - 3% on Sept 1-15 deposits until Nov 30th

Just called Tangerine to ask for 2% interest rate as reported in another thread in the Hot Deals section.

The associate told me that the promotion from September 1st will be 3% interest rate if you transfer external funds between Sept 1 - 15 into your savings/TFSA/RSP account, and the interest rate is good until end of November.

There is a banner on their website about an upcoming promo Sept 1st, so I guess the full details will be available on that date.

Edit: Here is the link to the promo:

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-pag ... index.html
407 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1120 posts
475 upvotes
MTL/TO
not bad.. how much would i make if i transfer 10,000$ on sept 1st or 2nd ?
Feb 25, 2014
30 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
kulb wrote: Just called Tangerine to ask for 2% interest rate as reported in another thread in the Hot Deals section.

The associate told me that the promotion from September 1st will be 3% interest rate if you transfer external funds between Sept 1 - 15 into your savings/TFSA/RSP account, and the interest rate is good until end of November.
This is an amazing deal, but haven't see any update from their website. Do we need to call to get this deal or it's open to public?
Feb 25, 2014
30 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
joshua18 wrote: not bad.. how much would i make if i transfer 10,000$ on sept 1st or 2nd ?
$25/month (before tax) :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
joe1983 wrote: This is an amazing deal, but haven't see any update from their website. Do we need to call to get this deal or it's open to public?
I believe it should be open to the public, because there is a banner on their website stating that a promo is coming Sept 1st.

I don't know the full details of the offer either, we'll probably know more tomorrow.
Jul 10, 2007
490 posts
505 upvotes
Edmonton
I wonder if you can call to get the 3% rate without transferring new funds?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
golfcraze wrote: I wonder if you can call to get the 3% rate without transferring new funds?
I asked them if I can get that rate on my existing funds; the agent stated that I can not.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
kulb wrote: I already asked them if I can get that rate on my existing funds with them; the agent stated that I can not.
Can't you just transfer the funds out and then transfer it back in 2 days later?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2003
2327 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Probably, just add a dollar more or less
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: Can't you just transfer the funds out and then transfer it back in 2 days later?
I don't know. We have to wait until tomorrow for full details.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
48990 posts
10269 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kulb wrote: I don't know. We have to wait until tomorrow for full details.
It would be too late then - if you guys want to have a crack at the deal, transfer out the funds today.

They usually take the balance a day before the promo starts and use that as a basis to calculate the differential, and use that amount to determine how much is "new" funds.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
Jon Lai wrote: It would be too late then - if you guys want to have a crack at the deal, transfer out the funds today.

They usually take the balance a day before the promo starts and use that as a basis to calculate the differential, and use that amount to determine how much is "new" funds.
this...

If existing clients want to take advantage of the new rate being applied to the entire balance (instead of just new deposits), then withdraw funds out of your existing ISA accounts today and wait for the promo to start then deposit back in.

djino
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6664 upvotes
not bad i already transfered out some the other day when i heard about the 2% so 3 is even better.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Mar 10, 2012
922 posts
547 upvotes
Can I e-transfer the money to my girlfriends account today and have her etransfer it back to me on the 1st?
May 8, 2012
444 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa
Is there a way to transfer out more than $3k via email? The transfer to external account automatically dates itself to tuesday.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
Permah wrote: Can I e-transfer the money to my girlfriends account today and have her etransfer it back to me on the 1st?
Approved!

Note, Tangerine will Charge $1. And then your gf's bank will charged whatever she has to pay for eTransfers.

djino
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
manu117 wrote: Is there a way to transfer out more than $3k via email? The transfer to external account automatically dates itself to tuesday.
The only way you are going to be able to withdraw today is by doing an E-Transfer, or by visiting an ATM (or by spending it via Retailer/Interac Online).

djino
"All other types of transfers will be post dated to Tuesday!"

EDIT: Well, I suppose you could send an free Tangerine Email Money Transfer today, as the funds would be withdrawn from your account today, but the funds would not be received into the external bank account until Tuesday. So you lose a few days of interest.
Mar 10, 2012
922 posts
547 upvotes
djino wrote: Approved!

Note, Tangerine will Charge $1. And then your gf's bank will charged whatever she has to pay for eTransfers.

djino
She also has a tangerine account. It would be a free instant transfer.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2161 posts
725 upvotes
So I tried to do an EFT to get rid of my funds today, but they're post dated for the next business day...

I'm going to try a free email money transfer to myself to ditch the money in my account, although that's limited to $3k/day.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)