Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

$50 Free Promo, Easy Extra $50 Per Referral, Extended to December

Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes

[Tangerine] $50 Free Promo, Easy Extra $50 Per Referral, Extended to December

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 31, 2015
More offers from Tangerine
Tangerine.ca, formerly ING, and currently owned by Scotia Bank $50 promo has been extended until December 31, 2015, New Clients only! For the people who don't know what this is, you will need to get a referral from an existing user, use their Orange Key, and when you sign up and deposit $100, you get a bonus $50.

[INDENT]To earn the Limited Time $50 Refer a Friend enrollment Bonus, new Clients must complete the following actions ("All Actions"): successfully open their first Tangerine Account, make a minimum deposit of $100 and enroll using a Refer a Friend Orange Key between September 1, 2014 and December 31, 2015 (the Offer Period). New Clients must never have had a Tangerine Account at any time.[/INDENT]

The best part is the referral bonus. After you sign up, you can start referring people. If you want to refer your kids, you can, but min age is 12 for savings account, 16 for chequing account.

Reasons to open account if people need convincing:
1) Easy $50, takes less than 5 min for most people(or do it for family members)
2) High interest rates, almost always higher than the big banks
3) Free email transfers
4) Super easy to transfer money in and out, you can connect the account to your other bank accounts and just move around freely.

Here's the details for the referral bonus: http://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-page ... index.html

There's a double interest bonus right now too at 2.1%, however, you can get it up to 3%(YMMV). I called in and just said friend told me about it and they put it on my account.
tangerine-targeted-offer-3-6-months-sav ... t-1757731/

There's also the $120 Payroll Deposit bonus

They've made it easier to deposit your initial $100 too, 3 ways now:

1) If you have a personal cheque, just write it to yourself and deposit using their phone app
2) Select the Canada post method, and just print your barcode or get the DSS number, and show 2 pieces of ID at any Canada Post. Sister-in-law did this at 7-eleven, was painless and quick.
3) Deposit at Tangerine Cafes.

Feel free to post here if you need any help.

MOD EDIT: This forum does not allow posting or asking for referral links (orange keys in this case) in a forum post.
In short, you cannot post in a thread with your referral link, or say you have a referral link and people should PM you. If they are specifically looking for one, you also cannot post a message saying that you have it or you've sent one.
If someone reports you sending or asking for referrals, you'll be hit with an infraction and possible ban later on. Also keep it in mind sending out unsolicited referrals considered spam when reported.
1917 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5068 posts
3305 upvotes
Personally, I tend to just offer friends and family my portion of the referral ($50) so they get $100 total. Realistically they're doing all the work, plus I get my own bonus every couple referrals.

I think the best part of this promo is that it's a genuinely good bank. I really love how it's setup for the most part and I think it pairs well if you have a credit union or a primary bank of sorts for better ATM access or more specialized services.
My own personal problem with it though is that they can sometimes hold your larger deposits for upwards of 5 business days which can be a bit of a chore, especially since you're not sure when the hold is over until you try to use the funds. That said, free cheques are great and *************

edit: As a heads up, you can save time (and a stamp) if you use the Tangerine smartphone app to take a picture of your void or $100 cheque for your initial deposit or to link accounts.
edit #2 -- Whoops protection is gone just as a heads up.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: I think the best part of this promo is that it's a genuinely good bank. I really love how it's setup for the most part and I think it pairs well if you have a credit union or a primary bank of sorts for better ATM access or more specialized services.
My own personal problem with it though is that they can sometimes hold your larger deposits for upwards of 5 business days which can be a bit of a chore, especially since you're not sure when the hold is over until you try to use the funds. That said, free cheques are great and the less talked about Whoops Protection which is essentially an interest free (if paid within 30 days) $250 overdraft protection. So ie: you can pay a credit card bill upwards to $250 even if your account is $0.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to bad. I honestly opened the account just for the referral bonuses, but will probably end up keeping the account since RBC dings me like crazy for every single little thing. Even with a no fee account, I probably pay $50-100 on random fees.
Feb 21, 2008
150 posts
27 upvotes
-
RiCHC3 wrote: I think the best part of this promo is that it's a genuinely good bank. I really love how it's setup for the most part and I think it pairs well if you have a credit union or a primary bank of sorts for better ATM access or more specialized services.
My own personal problem with it though is that they can sometimes hold your larger deposits for upwards of 5 business days which can be a bit of a chore, especially since you're not sure when the hold is over until you try to use the funds. That said, free cheques are great and the less talked about Whoops Protection which is essentially an interest free (if paid within 30 days) $250 overdraft protection. So ie: you can pay a credit card bill upwards to $250 even if your account is $0.
+1

I opened an account with them for referral bonuses last year... I actually kept & used the account ever since and have had no problems at all.
RBC charges $11.95/month for pretty much the same services so I put a stop to that real quick.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1229 posts
750 upvotes
Canada
They can also get free $50 (on top of the initial $50) for switching over their payroll. I got it and got my bro to sign up and he got $50 for signing up using my key + $50 for switching over his payroll.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
Flames wrote: They can also get free $50 (on top of the initial $50) for switching over their payroll. I got it and got my bro to sign up and he got $50 for signing up using my key + $50 for switching over his payroll.
I couldn't find the payroll bonus info, can someone link me and I'll sticky in original post?
Jan 9, 2013
188 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary, AB
How quick from when you enroll and deposit $100, do you get the $50?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50592 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
bobu wrote: Yeah, it doesn't seem to bad. I honestly opened the account just for the referral bonuses, but will probably end up keeping the account since RBC dings me like crazy for every single little thing. Even with a no fee account, I probably pay $50-100 on random fees.
Same here, contemplating to move my money from my crappy RBC savings account to Tangerine..
Nov 22, 2014
611 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Might ask the kids to try this after the RBC gift card

T&C
http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend ... index.html

Refer a friend

Terms and Conditions

General:

The Tangerine Bank (the “Bank”) Refer a Friend Offer (the “Offer”) is available ongoing throughout the year, with no expiry date.

Eligibility:

The Offer is available to all Tangerine Clients.

Participant Types:

Referrer: An existing Client who refers a friend using his/her Refer a Friend Orange Key (an “Orange Key” is a unique Refer a Friend number assigned to each Tangerine Client).

Referral: A new Client who has opened an Account with Tangerine using a Referrer’s Refer a Friend Orange Key.

Bonus:

A $25 Cash Referral Bonus (the “Bonus”) will be paid to both the Referrer and the Referral.

For both the Referrer and Referral to earn the Bonus, the Referral must complete the following actions (“All Actions”):

successfully open their first Tangerine Account, and must never have had a Tangerine Account or ING DIRECT Account at any time previously,

upon enrollment or within 60 days of becoming a Tangerine Client , enter/quote the Refer a Friend Orange Key that was provided to them by the Referrer,

make a minimum $100 deposit within 60 days of becoming a Tangerine Client.

Accounts are deemed successfully opened when the Referral has satisfied the Account terms and conditions and the Account is without restrictions of any sort.

For Joint Accounts, only the Primary Account Holder is eligible for the Bonus.

Refer a Friend Tiers:

A Tangerine Client can earn up to $2,000 in Bonuses through the Refer a Friend program, in the manner described below.

Here’s how it works:

# of Referrals Bonus Per Referral Total Bonus Incentive Total Bonuses Earned
1 x $25 = $25
10 x $25 = $250 + $50 = $300
20 x $25 = $500 + $100 = $650
30 x $25 = $750 + $150 = $1,050
40 x $25 = $1,000 + $200 = $1,500
50 x $25 = $1,250 + $250 = $2,000
Limited Time Promotions

During limited time Refer a Friend promotion periods, Referrers and Referrals may be eligible to earn larger cash Bonuses and Referrers could exceed the $2,000 Bonus limit. Details of such Limited Time offers will be set out in the promotions, and Tangerine Clients must satisfy all terms and conditions as described in those details.

Limitations:

Once the Orange Key has been submitted, it cannot be reversed.

Unless otherwise provided for during special Refer a Friend promotions, a limit of $2,000 in Refer a Friend Bonuses per Referrer.

Limit of one (1) Refer a Friend enrolment Bonus per Referral.

Except as otherwise provided, Referrals cannot combine the Offer with any other Tangerine enrollment offers; however, product offers related to Tangerine Savings Accounts, Tangerine Chequing Accounts, Tangerine Guaranteed Investments (GICs), Tangerine Mortgages and Tangerine Investment Funds can be combined in a manner described in a particular promotional offer.

Should Tangerine be unable to run this Offer as planned for any reason, the Bank reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.

The Bank reserves the right at its absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. In the event of conflict, these Terms and Conditions will prevail over any of the contents of any brochure or other promotional materials advertising this Offer, except where otherwise stated.

The Bank reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer for any Account holder it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the Offer.

This Offer may be suspended, modified or withdrawn at any time without notice.

You agree that you have read and understand these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. Any notice offered by us with respect to this Offer is deemed to be provided on the day it is posted on our website.

Bonus Payment:

Bonuses will be paid into the participant’s non-registered Tangerine Savings Account or Tangerine Chequing Account within 30 days of the Referral satisfying the requirements stated in this Offer.

If a participant hasn’t opened either a non-registered Tangerine Savings Account or a Tangerine Chequing Account, he or she will need to open one for Tangerine Bank to make the Bonus deposit automatically.
Sep 23, 2013
74 posts
118 upvotes
Is there a way to make the initial deposit without a cheque? I don't want to spend $30 on a cheque book.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5068 posts
3305 upvotes
Armani18J wrote: How quick from when you enroll and deposit $100, do you get the $50?
Usually within 3 days. The exception is if you have an extremely limited credit history which was the case for my wifey who immigrated to Canada from the USA.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
redflagkiller wrote: Still researching atm, I wonder if you can use interac email transfer $100
I doubt it. I think that the processes they use are meant for identification purposes too. So for example, you need to send a personal cheque with your own name on it to yourself. You can't have anyone else write the cheque for you. Probably better this way due to the anonymous nature of online banking.
Dec 25, 2012
7 posts
Vancouver
I had a friend tell me about this earlier today. Got a referral from him and took my less than 10 minutes to setup my account after deciding what type of account to get. Pretty effortless to this great promotion.

Remember for the referral bonus, you'll need to have a chequing or savings accounts for them to deposit the bonus amounts into your account. If you say, for example, opened up just an RRSP or TFSA account, they won't be able to deposit the referral bonuses into those accounts, and you'll only get it once you get a chequing/savings accounts. =)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1229 posts
750 upvotes
Canada
bobu wrote: Expires Jan 1, 2015. I'll update it if the offer gets extended. Kinda pointless to put now since nobody can change their payroll stuff that quickly.
open their first Tangerine Chequing Account between November 10, 2014 and January 1, 2015,

have their first payroll direct deposits received in their new Tangerine Chequing Account by the January 31, 2015.
You can definitely do it.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
Flames wrote: You can definitely do it.
I misread it, I thought everything needs to be done by January 1st, i'll add it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)