Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

$50 Free Promo, Easy Extra $50 Per Referral, Extended to December

Oct 13, 2013
213 posts
124 upvotes
St Catharines
Anyone know of the payroll promo ($10 for 12 weeks) will be extended past June 30th? Got my payroll switched but won't take effect until the second Friday of July
Banned
Feb 22, 2014
294 posts
9 upvotes
CALGARY
enigma0t2 wrote: It's targeted. I attempted to call to get this several times. And each time they wouldn't budge for me. And in various postings in RFD, I see people with larger and smaller amounts of balance than me get approved. So... that is to say ... this is very YMMV.
What is YMMV? :o
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
AhJaysus wrote: What is YMMV? :o
Your Mileage May Vary = Your Experience may be different from others.

djino
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1451 posts
302 upvotes
Markham
mannat25 wrote: just a quick question , by opening a checking account with friends orange key we both get 50 $ if i deposit 100$.
It's normally only $25 each. But they have a promo right now till end of August, where it's $50 each.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1581 posts
511 upvotes
I've updated the post with a few more bits of info. It seems they've made it easier to open accounts with the Canada Post option, and there's a (YMMV) 3% interest rate, but guaranteed 2.1% for new members.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2003
1480 posts
1420 upvotes
SASKABUSH
bobu wrote: I've updated the post with a few more bits of info. It seems they've made it easier to open accounts with the Canada Post option, and there's a (YMMV) 3% interest rate, but guaranteed 2.1% for new members.
tried to do the Canada post thing here as my town is tiny but they had computer problems the two times I went in and ended up doing it online instead
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2143 posts
1566 upvotes
I don't think the extra $100 bonus when you refer 3 is still on, is it?

Also FYI the Canada Post verification seems to be MUCH faster than doing a cheque.

I had 2 people sign up using the Canada Post method, then they did an email money transfer of their initial $100. The account was activated and $50 bonuses paid out the next day.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1451 posts
302 upvotes
Markham
Awjvail wrote: I don't think the extra $100 bonus when you refer 3 is still on, is it?

Also FYI the Canada Post verification seems to be MUCH faster than doing a cheque.

I had 2 people sign up using the Canada Post method, then they did an email money transfer of their initial $100. The account was activated and $50 bonuses paid out the next day.
Yeah.... the $100 extra bonus is done and over with.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2007
1841 posts
28 upvotes
Glad they extended this, gonna get some more friends to sign up and get me the bonus
Aug 26, 2009
450 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
djino wrote: So is this something that is going to be applied for everyone, or do you simply call in and request it? Do you need to have a certain balance?

djino
So the deal is if you are not targeted, you need to have a minimum 10k to be eligible for it. Its no hassle, they will apply it right away as long as you have 10k or initiate the transfer. As per the rep, promo ends on July 1.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
jainik18 wrote: So the deal is if you are not targeted, you need to have a minimum 10k to be eligible for it. Its no hassle, they will apply it right away as long as you have 10k or initiate the transfer. As per the rep, promo ends on July 1.
Thanks for the info!
Banned
Feb 22, 2014
294 posts
9 upvotes
CALGARY
jainik18 wrote: So the deal is if you are not targeted, you need to have a minimum 10k to be eligible for it. Its no hassle, they will apply it right away as long as you have 10k or initiate the transfer. As per the rep, promo ends on July 1.

So do I need to call or would it be applied automatically? (I have over $10k in my account).
Aug 26, 2009
450 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
AhJaysus wrote: So do I need to call or would it be applied automatically? (I have over $10k in my account).
you would need to call in if you don't see the offer in your account when you log in.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1825 posts
625 upvotes
AhJaysus wrote: So do I need to call or would it be applied automatically? (I have over $10k in my account).
They might call you and offer it to you, otherwise you'll have to phone them.
Banned
Feb 22, 2014
294 posts
9 upvotes
CALGARY
Thanks. No mention of it in my account so I guess I'll have to call them.
Jul 8, 2013
335 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal
For the $50 bonus for each, does the new client have to open a Chequing account? Or can it be any account? (like a Savings, and still get the $50 after depositing $100)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
dbzkid777 wrote: For the $50 bonus for each, does the new client have to open a Chequing account? Or can it be any account? (like a Savings, and still get the $50 after depositing $100)
It will work with the savings account as well as long as you have never had a Tangerine account before.

Djino
Feb 26, 2015
155 posts
125 upvotes
Regarding the 3% targeted promo, I called in yesterday, talked about the promo. Rep said I didn't qualify. Asked them if an exception could be made, told them I would be transferring a significant amount. Rep said she would try to put the transfer through at the promo rate, said it went through successfully.

So exceptions seem possible, though likely unlikely with the average deposit.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)