Oct 23, 2005
2752 posts
161 upvotes
Mississauga

Tangerine: Become a new client and get up to $100*

Deal Link:
Campaign link:

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-pag ... aign=Q4chq

If you're thinking of opening a chequing account, you can use the Orange Key: Orange25 to get you $25 and another $75, if you switch over your payroll direct deposits by April 28, 2017.

Of course, if you have a friend who has a Tangerine account that can refer you, both you and the referee can get $50 instead of the normal $25 (valid until April 30th). PLEASE DO NOT SHARE REFERRAL CODES HERE.

input
46 replies
Oct 24, 2005
865 posts
164 upvotes
Calgary
Solid deal for new members, too bad I'm already with Tangerine.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
2752 posts
161 upvotes
Mississauga
RuLa Of Da WoRlD wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 10:33 am
Solid deal for new members, too bad I'm already with Tangerine.
Same here.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
1619 posts
754 upvotes
Also with tangerine PLEASE NOTE: new users have a bonus 2.4% interest rate for around 5-6 months! Savings account only.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5024 posts
866 upvotes
Montreal
Tangerine is great. No fees, great service and great referral bonus. I made $150 just for signing up and another $50 for referring my fiancée.

Make the switch today if you haven't already!
Sep 4, 2014
405 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
All the guys here putting out all the advantages of tangerine in hopes of getting referral...
Thought I must say great bank overall, No fees, good and fast service.
They also called me when I made a big purchase on my credit card instead of locking me out like Cibc did few months back and then I had to call them to sort it out.
I closed my Cibc account and have not looked back since.
Oct 29, 2014
253 posts
41 upvotes
So you can stack the extra $50 on?! $150 to sign up and put your payment to is pretty good!
Nov 1, 2012
63 posts
70 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
30seconds wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:07 pm
So you can stack the extra $50 on?! $150 to sign up and put your payment to is pretty good!
Nope.
Specified in the fine prints.

This Offer cannot be combined with any other New Client Account opening offers, including Refer a Friend.
Dec 21, 2014
180 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver
I just signed up 3 weeks ago. Anyone know if I would I qualify for this? Thanks!

Edit: I used someone's orange key, not orange $25, so it looks like that won't work sadly
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
2752 posts
161 upvotes
Mississauga
stephen5 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:54 pm
I just signed up 3 weeks ago. Anyone know if I would I qualify for this? Thanks!

Edit: I used someone's orange key, not orange $25, so it looks like that won't work sadly
I think you should still be able to get $75 for switching over you payroll deposits over to Tangerine, as long as you've never held an account with them before September 1, 2016.

For clarification, you shouldn't be able to stack Orange25 and another person's referral code when you sign up. It's either one or the other.
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
138 posts
16 upvotes
I'm getting pretty fed up with my bank and was thinking of switching anyways. Pretty sweet if I could get paid to do it. I've never seen a tangerine bank before tho?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5024 posts
866 upvotes
Montreal
JackDaniels905 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 2:25 pm
I'm getting pretty fed up with my bank and was thinking of switching anyways. Pretty sweet if I could get paid to do it. I've never seen a tangerine bank before tho?
It's mostly online/mobile however they have 5 locations across Canada including two in Toronto: https://www.tangerine.ca/en/ways-to-ban ... index.html
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
138 posts
16 upvotes
Alright thank you for the heads up, Well truthfully I don't do much banking other than on my phone. Can I still set up direct deposit for my employer?
Jun 17, 2007
41 posts
35 upvotes
British Columbia
JackDaniels905 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 2:25 pm
Tangerine is owned by scotiabank, so you use scotia machines. It's pretty convenient because every 7-eleven has a scotia machine inside for withdrawing cash. I've been using chequing/savings/credit card/mutual funds through them and haven't found a better alternative, they have the best no-fee cashback credit card without limits and it's nice having everything all together. Overdraft is nice too because it's free until the next day ($5 fee + daily interest after that).

Biggest complaint I have are that you have to jump through hoops to properly use their savings interest promos though by shifting money out and back in as the promos come and go (interest on "new money only"), but 3.25% interest on the savings account is nice. Ever since the scotia take over, tangerine has slowly been adding fees here and there, one just recently they added a fee of $10/yr for inactive accounts so you have to keep the account slightly active or close it later instead of just opening for the bonus and forgetting it.
Last edited by Elanzer on Mar 13th, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.