• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 10:42 am
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1207 posts
3037 upvotes
SK

Tangerine Business GIC & US$ GIC Better Rates for 2019

Haven't logged on to my Tangerine business account for a while, and had some GIC offers pop up on Insights today. Looks like you can get GIC's for business accounts (including US$), and the rates are actually pretty decent IMO (~2.5% and up).

Might be old news, or maybe we could always get GIC's and the rates were poor enough I never noticed before, but it'll be nice to get a return from the business account close to what the personal side is offered.

Edit: Just thought to look at the historical rates, and yep, very old news. Although the rates truly did suck until Jan of this year. Most of them hadn't been changed sine 2014 or 2015 and were in the .5-1.5% range.
Last edited by FarmerHarv on Apr 9th, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
FarmerHarv wrote: Haven't logged on to my Tangerine business account for a while, and had some GIC offers pop up on Insights today. Looks like you can get GIC's for business accounts (including US$), and the rates are actually pretty decent IMO (~2.5% and up).

Might be old news, or maybe we could always get GIC's and the rates were poor enough I never noticed before, but it'll be nice to get a return from the business account close to what the personal side is offered.

Edit: Just thought to look at the historical rates, and yep, very old news. Although the rates truly did suck until Jan of this year. Most of them hadn't been changed sine 2014 or 2015 and were in the .5-1.5% range.
The last time I checked Business GIC rates on Tangerine's website were not posted. Instead, people have to call in to get the rates. Can you please tell me where you are seeing the rates? If you are able to post an image of what you see, that would be ideal. Thanks!

Edit: I was able to see a chart with the Business GIC rates that you described. Thanks.
Oct 14, 2007
216 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga
For business gic's try Oaken - they usually have the best rates.
Feb 9, 2009
568 posts
86 upvotes
N/A
Are there other GIC providers besides Oaken and Tangerine business owners should look at?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
pkpower wrote: Are there other GIC providers besides Oaken and Tangerine business owners should look at?
Some credit unions like Coast Capital and Blueshore will have competitive rates from time to time. At the moment, both of these are not better than Oaken.
Feb 9, 2009
568 posts
86 upvotes
N/A
choclover wrote: Some credit unions like Coast Capital and Blueshore will have competitive rates from time to time. At the moment, both of these are not better than Oaken.
Thank you for checking
Jul 7, 2013
14 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Duca Financial is another alternative but I find Oaken is usually good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)