• Jun 4th, 2015 4:48 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14513 posts
5451 upvotes
Gatineau
ar2020 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2015 11:10 am
My brother just opened up a Tangerine account. He does not get direct deposits. His employer gives him a cheque. If he deposits the cheque using the Tangerine app by taking a picture of it and this is done consistently every 2 weeks will he get this bonus?
As previously said above, it has to be Direct Deposit.

djino
Jul 10, 2012
109 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
Does this work for government pay?

The description of the direct deposit is just "ETF from CANADA". It doesn't indicate it's payroll.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1337 posts
367 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
mosbyt wrote:
Jan 28th, 2015 11:42 am

The description of the direct deposit is just "ETF from CANADA". It doesn't indicate it's payroll.
You may need to find out what is the Canadian Payment Association (CPA) Code of the Direct Deposit.

OP listed qualifying Canadian Payment Association (CPA) Codes. Government pensions are qualified. But I don't think UCCB is qualified.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1337 posts
367 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
mosbyt wrote:

You may need to find out what is the Canadian Payment Association (CPA) Code of the Direct Deposit.

OP listed qualifying Canadian Payment Association (CPA) Codes. Government pensions are qualified. But I don't think UCCB/CCTB is qualified.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1488 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
mosbyt wrote:

of course it does. pay from my employer says 'ETF from company'
Dec 15, 2009
294 posts
55 upvotes
thanks OP. Opened an account today and set up direct deposits
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4434 posts
545 upvotes
Scarborough
Hmmm go figure...the bank I work for doesn't let me change the bank ID to tangerine....guess I'm gonna have to chat with HR tomorrow...
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
1986 posts
339 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
mosbyt wrote:

My company says something similar EFT.....

And I started getting the bonus
Dec 29, 2014
35 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Aznsilvrboy wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 10:41 am
I called them and I've apparently received a payroll bonus of $100 in the past (3 years ago) so I'm technically not eligible for this promotion. Did anyone in a similar situation successfully got them to make an exception?
I actually fall into a similar situation. I transferred my direct deposit early on (in 2010) and got what was then a 75$ bonus. I later decided to move my direct deposits and recently changed job. I started my new deposit with tangerine and I'm now getting the 10$ per week.

Not sure if they simply lost or deleted old info but I didn't ask for an exception and it worked without me trying to get this promotion..

I would suggest you try it out, nothing to lose, 120$ to gain!
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1285 posts
72 upvotes
Do direct deposits from CRA (HST tax credits) for my business count for this offer?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1206 posts
357 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Looks like it's back on, just got the email. Can't believe I missed it the first time. My HR system lets me distribute my cheque to different banks based on % or $, I'm sending $20 so hoping it works out lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2026 posts
1111 upvotes
Etobicoke
Copperpenny wrote:
Mar 1st, 2015 4:35 pm
I actually fall into a similar situation. I transferred my direct deposit early on (in 2010) and got what was then a 75$ bonus. I later decided to move my direct deposits and recently changed job. I started my new deposit with tangerine and I'm now getting the 10$ per week.

Not sure if they simply lost or deleted old info but I didn't ask for an exception and it worked without me trying to get this promotion..

I would suggest you try it out, nothing to lose, 120$ to gain!
my dad is in the same situation. but when recently he logged in through his comouter its showing him this new offer. so i will tell him to give it a try.

thanks
Dec 12, 2010
681 posts
160 upvotes
6 months ago i set up a ASP for the extra 25 bucks. Now i got that bonus, how do i stop future ASP so it will never take these payments again?
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1488 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
chaugh wrote:
Jun 4th, 2015 4:47 pm
6 months ago i set up a ASP for the extra 25 bucks. Now i got that bonus, how do i stop future ASP so it will never take these payments again?
it should be in 'Pending Transactions'.