Credit Cards

Tangerine Money-Back MC (10% CB on $1,000 Spending within first 2 months!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2023 9:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1207 posts
3038 upvotes
SK
coolintheshade wrote: If you’ve been contemplating applying for this card, now would be a good time to pull the trigger.
$75 signup bonus via RateHub https://www.ratehub.ca/credit-cards/pro ... redit-card?
Thanks for the heads up! So I clicked the box for an Amazon gift card, applied through the link and was instantly approved. Should I have received any sort of notification through RateHub that I would be receiving anything? Or does it just show up later?

Sorry for the noob Q, this is my first time trying one of these extra bonus type applications.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11668 posts
14021 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
FarmerHarv wrote: Thanks for the heads up! So I clicked the box for an Amazon gift card, applied through the link and was instantly approved. Should I have received any sort of notification through RateHub that I would be receiving anything? Or does it just show up later?

Sorry for the noob Q, this is my first time trying one of these extra bonus type applications.
Can’t help you there, as I’ve never applied through RateHub before.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1207 posts
3038 upvotes
SK
FarmerHarv wrote: Thanks for the heads up! So I clicked the box for an Amazon gift card, applied through the link and was instantly approved. Should I have received any sort of notification through RateHub that I would be receiving anything? Or does it just show up later?

Anyone else have experience with this?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2016
1294 posts
684 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Long shot, but ride sharing (modo) isn't considered under public transportation and parking is it?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
2265 posts
1511 upvotes
Found this gem on reddit.

Might be reconsidering cancelling my tangerine card now if product switch is possible down the line.
Screenshot_20191030-222520_Reddit.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1354 posts
2023 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote: Found this gem on reddit.

Might be reconsidering cancelling my tangerine card now if product switch is possible down the line.
Oh, now that's very interesting if true.
Jul 3, 2019
912 posts
503 upvotes
Hmmm...I’m intrigued. Interesting to say the least.

Source?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2017
1359 posts
861 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote: Found this gem on reddit.

Finally something to take down Rogers card.
Jul 3, 2019
912 posts
503 upvotes
LOL808 wrote: According to the survey, it is supposed to be confidential info ... lol
Yeah...that’s what I was gonna say. Major yikes.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
LOL808 wrote: According to the survey, it is supposed to be confidential info ... lol
F3el96 wrote: Yeah...that’s what I was gonna say. Major yikes.
From the looks of it lots of people for the surgery, I wonder if they made some unique identifiers in it to track down who shares it.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1577 posts
2008 upvotes
As someone notes in the Reddit thread, these all look like copies of other cards. I wonder if Tangerine would wholesale copy another FI's card or if they'd feel the need to tweak it and put their own spin on it.

Another Reddit comment is also interesting:
I got the survey as well... But the options they showed me were nothing like yours. Mine were all $0 fee and the highest cashback was 1% but only digital subscriptions and 0.5% cashback on everything else. One of the options was even a "free movie" for every $1000 you spent. I didn't have nice things to say.
So although the cards in the screenshot look attractive, Tangerine is also surveying about much crappier cards. So don't ignore the possibility that any changes they make could be big downgrades, with no good options.

What I like most about Tangerine's current card is that it gives 2% at Walmart. I don't think any other no-fee card beats this, and only a few can even match it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3176 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
someweirdo wrote: As someone notes in the Reddit thread, these all look like copies of other cards. I wonder if Tangerine would wholesale copy another FI's card or if they'd feel the need to tweak it and put their own spin on it.

Another Reddit comment is also interesting:

So although the cards in the screenshot look attractive, Tangerine is also surveying about much crappier cards. So don't ignore the possibility that any changes they make could be big downgrades, with no good options.

What I like most about Tangerine's current card is that it gives 2% at Walmart. I don't think any other no-fee card beats this, and only a few can even match it.
I think it's more likely that Tangerine will downgrade their card versus improve it. If so, I'll probably abandon the card and maybe upgrade my simply cash from no fee to the fee based one just so that I can keep getting 2% back at Walmart.

Plus I prefer AMEX way over Tangerine.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
jacnel wrote: I think it's more likely that Tangerine will downgrade their card versus improve it. If so, I'll probably abandon the card and maybe upgrade my simply cash from no fee to the fee based one just so that I can keep getting 2% back at Walmart.

Plus I prefer AMEX way over Tangerine.
Can I ask while you'd go that route versus getting the Rogers WE?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3176 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote: Can I ask while you'd go that route versus getting the Rogers WE?
I'm poor and I don't qualify for the World Elite (jokes aside I'm a student currently and I don't qualify).

Plus I don't like to get financial services from stores. I have a PC Financial Mastercard and as of recent it's been terrible, constant website changes, poor customer service, devaluing, and when something goes horribly wrong they're not too useful in the support department. Banks on the other hand are usually dedicated to the financial services they offer so it's rare to have all these issues. Plus they don't change their cards all that often (excluding Scotiabank) so I know that what I've signed up for will last. Rogers on the other hand has changed their credit cards three times over their less than 5 year existence and I don't believe that this new card is going to be any different. TL;DR banks offer better support than store credit cards and they're more stable with their offers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)