Tangerine Money-Back MC (Works with Google Pay 08/07/2018)
NOTE: This is continuation of the original thread: tangerine-2-cash-back-mastercard-4-sele ... s-1696103/
So to start off this is an amazing card. It completely owns the MBNA Smart Cash (Thanks TD for making it worst, although it does have a better 5% CB for gas/groceries for 6 months) and is one of the best no annual fee CC card in the market imo. Starting 04/29, the card will have some (bad) changes, refer to: https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-pag ... index.html
Let's get to the features:
- Earn 2% CB on purchases in two selected 2% CB categories, and 0.5% CB on all other purchases (1% pre-04/29/17).
- If you have CB deposited into your Tangerine Savings Account, you will be able to get three selected 2% CB categories
- Categories available: Grocery, Furniture, Restaurants, Hotel-Motel, Gas, Recurring Bill Payments, Drug Store, Home Improvement, Entertainment, Public Transportation and Parking (Refer to here for more info)
- You can change your 2% CB categories every 90 days (First change can be done in 30 days).
- CB is paid monthly, can be applied to statement balance or deposit to Tangerine Savings Account
- No limit on CB earned
- Pending transactions appear on online banking as you use the card
- 2.5% foreign conversion fee (1.5% pre-04/29/17)
- No annual fee, free supplementary cards
- Purchase Assurance, which may automatically cover loss, theft or damage, in excess of other insurance, for 90 days from the date of purchase
- Extended Warranty, which may double the period of repair services, to a maximum of one additional year, when the original manufacturer’s warranty expires
You can apply for the card at:
Tangerine (no CB): https://www.tangerine.ca/en/spending/cr ... index.html
GCR ($40 CB): Google GCR
Rate Supermarket (Nothing atm): https://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals/tangerine
PS: Check on the links to see the most updated rate as they can change.
How to change reward categories: (1) Click on the "Manage Rewards" link on the main page, (2) Click on the blue "Change" button in the next page, (3) ...and you are there! (Again, the first change can be done in 30 days, after that it has to be 90 days)
How to change cash back method: (1) Click on the "Manage Rewards" link on the main page, (2) Click on "Change" on the bottom right in the next page, (3) ...and you are there!
Note (31/01/17): It seems the 4% promotion on the 3 selected categories is no more. I checked the Tangerine/GCR/RSM websites and no mention of the promotion anymore. (Credit to @Hartom and @S5)
More info will be added as they come in. Let me know if I am missing anything.