Tangerine - Multiple Chequing Accounts

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2017 5:38 am
[OP]
Apr 19, 2017
13 posts
6 upvotes

Tangerine - Multiple Chequing Accounts

I opened a second chequings account with Tangerine today, so now I have 2 chequings under the same account.

I believe last time I tried to open a second account (a few months ago), it only allowed if I had a co-applicant.

Is this a recent change (maybe with their new beta website), or were you always allowed to do this?
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
9755 posts
3554 upvotes
BC
Millenial1994 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 7:58 pm
I opened a second chequings account with Tangerine today, so now I have 2 chequings under the same account.

I believe last time I tried to open a second account (a few months ago), it only allowed if I had a co-applicant.

Is this a recent change (maybe with their new beta website), or were you always allowed to do this?
Sounds like a new feature, or a bug (sometimes aka a new "feature" :))
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
[OP]
Apr 19, 2017
13 posts
6 upvotes
ace604 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 11:00 pm
Sounds like a new feature, or a bug (sometimes aka a new "feature" :))
Hopefully its a permanent feature, it's so convenient being able to use the 2nd account as "Savings" on a Point of Sale terminal! Much easier to manage funds for me
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2494 posts
578 upvotes
Do you get another set of free chqs?
Nov 6, 2013
764 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
mech9t5 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2017 4:19 am
Do you get another set of free chqs?
Looks like you can order another set of free cheques with second chequing account.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2494 posts
578 upvotes
JaiKor wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:03 pm
Looks like you can order another set of free cheques with second chequing account.
i tried to add a new chqing account but it said I have the max allowed. I have 1 personal and 1 joint.
Nov 6, 2013
764 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
mech9t5 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:10 pm
i tried to add a new chqing account but it said I have the max allowed. I have 1 personal and 1 joint.
So probably 2 chequing max is the limit then.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
9755 posts
3554 upvotes
BC
JaiKor wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:29 pm
So probably 2 chequing max is the limit then.
Yes, the new info from this thread is that apparently they let OP open two individual accounts, which never worked before.
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Nov 6, 2013
764 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
ace604 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:39 pm
Yes, the new info from this thread is that apparently they let OP open two individual accounts, which never worked before.
Yup. It worked for me as well. So regardless of personal or joint, we can have two chequing accounts at max and another set of free cheques.
Aug 7, 2010
648 posts
106 upvotes
Do you get $50 or whatever promo they have for opening a chequing account (even if it's the 2nd one)?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
9755 posts
3554 upvotes
BC
I got the beta invite email to login ... I can't add a "spending account" at all, I get ...

"The feature you’re looking for hasn’t yet been launched in our new site. But it’s coming soon.

In the meantime, we’ll take you to the page you need on the existing tangerine.ca site so you can use the feature you want and continue with your banking.
"

Loophole closed already?
[OP]
Apr 19, 2017
13 posts
6 upvotes
ace604 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 6:42 pm
I got the beta invite email to login ... I can't add a "spending account" at all, I get ...

"The feature you’re looking for hasn’t yet been launched in our new site. But it’s coming soon.

In the meantime, we’ll take you to the page you need on the existing tangerine.ca site so you can use the feature you want and continue with your banking.
"

Loophole closed already?
I opened it on the regular website, not the beta website
Spending > Chequing Account (https://www.tangerine.ca/en/spending/ch ... index.html)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
9755 posts
3554 upvotes
BC
Millenial1994 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 9:47 am
I opened it on the regular website, not the beta website
Spending > Chequing Account (https://www.tangerine.ca/en/spending/ch ... index.html)
Oh, but you said:
Millenial1994 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 7:58 pm
... so I thought you used the beta site :)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1615 posts
459 upvotes
Winnipeg
(Removed)
Last edited by Shawguy on Jun 18th, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve. This will help eliminate the need to quote their whole post to say "thanks" or "+1' which just clutters up the whole thread*
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2283 posts
371 upvotes
They keep asking me if want to close some accounts as have two savings account each for CAD and USD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)