• Jun 19th, 2017 5:38 am
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1801 posts
549 upvotes
Winnipeg
Millenial1994 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 7:58 pm
I opened a second chequings account with Tangerine today, so now I have 2 chequings under the same account.
JaiKor wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:03 pm
Looks like you can order another set of free cheques with second chequing account.
What about your funds release, POS, and Withdrawal amounts - were they the same as the other account you already have with them?

Secondly, What about Overdraft - does only your original account have it? Is it shared between the two accounts? Or do you have double overdraft now?

Thanks
ace604 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:39 pm
Yes, the new info from this thread is that apparently they let OP open two individual accounts, which never worked before.
Did you open one - do you know the answer to my question above?
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2608 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
If I recall correctly Tangerine only lets you do 2 chequing and 5 savings (although they've told me over the phone you can call in to override the savings account limits). And you are only allow to make joint accounts with 1 person. So if you and your spouse have a joint chequing and saving, you can't have another joint account with anyone else.
[OP]
Apr 19, 2017
15 posts
6 upvotes
Super_Chicken wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 2:47 pm
If I recall correctly Tangerine only lets you do 2 chequing and 5 savings (although they've told me over the phone you can call in to override the savings account limits). And you are only allow to make joint accounts with 1 person. So if you and your spouse have a joint chequing and saving, you can't have another joint account with anyone else.
You don't need a joint application for the 2nd chequing anymore.
And no, overdraft is not the same for the second chequing. You need to re-apply for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1801 posts
549 upvotes
Winnipeg
Millenial1994 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 4:27 pm

And no, overdraft is not the same for the second chequing. You need to re-apply for it.
Thank you for the clarification.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3812 upvotes
BC
Super_Chicken wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 2:47 pm
You may have misunderstood the 1 person restriction. Maybe they meant you can't make one joint account between 3 people.
I have multiple joint accounts (each with only 1 other person), but with different people.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3812 upvotes
BC
Shawguy wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 2:20 pm
What about your funds release, POS, and Withdrawal amounts - were they the same as the other account you already have with them?

Secondly, What about Overdraft - does only your original account have it? Is it shared between the two accounts? Or do you have double overdraft now?

Thanks

Did you open one - do you know the answer to my question above?
No, I already have 2 chequing accounts, one joint. We both have $5k overdraft on our individual chequing accounts but only $3k on the joint one. They are separate overdraft limits for us.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)