• Jun 19th, 2017 5:38 am
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1615 posts
459 upvotes
Winnipeg
Millenial1994 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 7:58 pm
I opened a second chequings account with Tangerine today, so now I have 2 chequings under the same account.
JaiKor wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:03 pm
Looks like you can order another set of free cheques with second chequing account.
What about your funds release, POS, and Withdrawal amounts - were they the same as the other account you already have with them?

Secondly, What about Overdraft - does only your original account have it? Is it shared between the two accounts? Or do you have double overdraft now?

Thanks
ace604 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:39 pm
Yes, the new info from this thread is that apparently they let OP open two individual accounts, which never worked before.
Did you open one - do you know the answer to my question above?
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve. This will help eliminate the need to quote their whole post to say "thanks" or "+1' which just clutters up the whole thread*
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2518 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
If I recall correctly Tangerine only lets you do 2 chequing and 5 savings (although they've told me over the phone you can call in to override the savings account limits). And you are only allow to make joint accounts with 1 person. So if you and your spouse have a joint chequing and saving, you can't have another joint account with anyone else.
[OP]
Apr 19, 2017
13 posts
6 upvotes
Super_Chicken wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 2:47 pm
If I recall correctly Tangerine only lets you do 2 chequing and 5 savings (although they've told me over the phone you can call in to override the savings account limits). And you are only allow to make joint accounts with 1 person. So if you and your spouse have a joint chequing and saving, you can't have another joint account with anyone else.
You don't need a joint application for the 2nd chequing anymore.
And no, overdraft is not the same for the second chequing. You need to re-apply for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1615 posts
459 upvotes
Winnipeg
Millenial1994 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 4:27 pm

And no, overdraft is not the same for the second chequing. You need to re-apply for it.
Thank you for the clarification.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve. This will help eliminate the need to quote their whole post to say "thanks" or "+1' which just clutters up the whole thread*
Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
9755 posts
3554 upvotes
BC
Super_Chicken wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 2:47 pm
You may have misunderstood the 1 person restriction. Maybe they meant you can't make one joint account between 3 people.
I have multiple joint accounts (each with only 1 other person), but with different people.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 8, 2012
9755 posts
3554 upvotes
BC
Shawguy wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 2:20 pm
What about your funds release, POS, and Withdrawal amounts - were they the same as the other account you already have with them?

Secondly, What about Overdraft - does only your original account have it? Is it shared between the two accounts? Or do you have double overdraft now?

Thanks

Did you open one - do you know the answer to my question above?
No, I already have 2 chequing accounts, one joint. We both have $5k overdraft on our individual chequing accounts but only $3k on the joint one. They are separate overdraft limits for us.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)