• Jan 17th, 2018 9:58 am
Tags:
Jun 10, 2016
92 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:55 pm
How did you price matched EQ? EQ specifically told me they NEVER match any offers, as their offers is always the same all the time, they don't play "promo" games on new money or specific timeline. And from my personal experience, this seems to be the case.
no, I did it with Tangerine. PM'ed EQ offer of 2.3% on all my money in Tangerine savings (not just new money)
Apr 9, 2010
490 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
EmmEmm wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 7:30 pm
my lucky day, I price matched to EQ. No need to move out my money Smiling Face With Sunglasses
How long is your price match offer for?
Jan 29, 2017
627 posts
539 upvotes
Occulus wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:24 am
Can you use this offer on your existing rsp saving account?
You’re earning 2.50%* on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s) until May 31, 2018. Why not move money to your Account(s), or open a new Account, to make the most of your special rate?

Here’s How It Works:

We totalled up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA and RSP Savings Account(s) as they were on January 2, 2018 to get your total balances per Account type
From January 3, 2018 to May 31, 2018, you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on January 2, 2018 (up to $500,000 per Account type)
The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate
Yes on existing RSP account, but money has to be new.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7541 posts
8287 upvotes
GT-EH

FYI: Tangerine T5 Slips Are Now Available for 2017 Tax Year!

When you log in:
  • Click on your name (upper right corner)
  • Select Documents
  • Tax Receipts section
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4534 posts
732 upvotes
Scarborough
Just a question, is the promo interest rate retroactively applied to the balance, or only when you click the "activate offer" button?

I had some money transfer in Jan 3rd to Tangerine but I only clicked the button today, I'm assuming it took a snapshot of my balance Jan 2nd and will base the calculation off of that balance?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4534 posts
732 upvotes
Scarborough
bingo_jake wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 9:19 am
I just confirmed with Tangerine over the phone and chat that the snapshot of accounts were taken at the end of Jan 2.
so if you (like me) had EFT transfer out completed on Jan 2, you are good for the bonus rate on any transfer in after Jan 3.
What if you transferred in money on Jan 3rd but didn't accept the offer until Jan 10th? Does the interest start from Jan 2nd or Jan 10th?
Oct 2, 2005
954 posts
77 upvotes
Anyone that didnt get a promo were you able to call in and get a promo rate?
Jan 10, 2018
4 posts
21 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:52 pm
Anyone that didnt get a promo were you able to call in and get a promo rate?
Yes, you can call them and they will offer you a promotion.
They might offer you 2.5% until March 31 but just tell them you know someone who got the offer until May 31st (Note: They might ask for the person's account).

The rep will probably ask you to move money into the account before activating the promotion as well so make sure you have a linked account w/ funds you can pull from.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1368 posts
342 upvotes
AMEX bill due Jan 18.

I submitted the payment from my Tangering Cheqing yesterday morning Jan 16. After I did that, Tangerine indicated the payment won't get deducted until Jan 17, which is today.

Will my payment get to my AMEX on time or will it get there on Jan 19?

I know from my TD cheqing account, I would have to submit the payment on Jan 16 and the payment can be seen on my AMEX account on Jan 18.
Feb 12, 2015
9 posts
6 upvotes
It didn't used to be that way (selecting today as payment date and it automatically picks the next day). If someone knows how to fix that, that would be greatly appreciated. It's screwing with the payment schedule in my head.

Thread Information

There are currently 16 users viewing this thread. (10 members and 6 guests)

stillmatic11, trimanm, Seks, Bullfrog017, coffeespill, krispy4, azmenak, bellboy26, fallenstarx, swilson