Expired Hot Deals

[Tangerine Savings] Tangerine 2.75% to Aug 31/19

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 12:11 pm
Aug 27, 2012
367 posts
301 upvotes
Calgary
Those that are getting targeted, how are you being informed about this? Is it an email or a message on your online banking?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
2901 posts
106 upvotes
Oakville
Was at 3.15%, it expired. Called to ask to move money out, they said hold on we may have a better rate.
They offered 2.5%, I said no thanks. They said they'll have someone call within 24 hrs.
Someone called and offered 2.75%on existing balance for up to $1M for 6 months.
Jun 15, 2018
133 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto
Called then asked to escalate, and they wouldn't budge above 1.6%. Welp, I'm done constantly calling to get a better interested rate, just gonna stay with EQ going forward.
Nov 16, 2017
83 posts
65 upvotes
BC
Can you use your savings acct for bills and interac? And then if debit or ATM without funds in chequing Tangerine takes the funds from the savings? Essentially allowing you to use the savings as a day to day chequings? This is how someone described to me Alterna works
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8251 posts
1195 upvotes
trevdanc wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 11:46 pm
Can you use your savings acct for bills and interac? And then if debit or ATM without funds in chequing Tangerine takes the funds from the savings? Essentially allowing you to use the savings as a day to day chequings? This is how someone described to me Alterna works
To pay bills with Tangerine you will need to transfer funds from your savings account to your chequing account first. You can't pay bills directly from savings other than your Tangerine MasterCard bill which can be paid directly from savings. Same thing for Interac, Debit, and ATM, the money has to be into your chequing account first.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Nov 16, 2017
83 posts
65 upvotes
BC
Frankie3s wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:02 am
To pay bills with Tangerine you will need to transfer funds from your savings account to your chequing account first. You can't pay bills directly from savings other than your Tangerine MasterCard bill which can be paid directly from savings. Same thing for Interac, Debit, and ATM, the money has to be into your chequing account first.
Thank you.
Aug 13, 2011
983 posts
210 upvotes
I received the email but when I log in it doesn't show the better rates. Anyone else?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9627 posts
2464 upvotes
Why the rat race for promo interest that is barely competitive with other "every day" rates.

Motive 2.8%
Hubert 2.5%
EQ Bank 2.3%

Take your picks.

I would never waste my time trying to phone or haggle for a better rate. If I get the rate automatically online and it's good, then I move my money, if not, then I don't. I let my money talk.
When PC 3.15% ended, I moved my money next day.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10087 posts
627 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this 2.75% over a year or will you a totally get 2.75% of your deposit in August?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10938 posts
1056 upvotes
Tijuana wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 9:45 pm
Is this 2.75% over a year or will you a totally get 2.75% of your deposit in August?
Over a year. It's always like that.
Jul 25, 2018
718 posts
1154 upvotes
Milton, ON
My 2.5% offer expires May 5th so inquired if they could offer me a better rate. CSR said no, so then I asked if they could extend my current offer. Said no again. Asked if they could get someone to contact me if they could offer me something. Said no for a third time and kept repeating "there are no promotional offers available." Bunch of cheapskates..
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16931 posts
9272 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
JoelK22976 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 12:28 pm
Said no for a third time and kept repeating "there are no promotional offers available." Bunch of cheapskates..
So vote with your mouse. Other FIs are offering as much as 3.35% for 6 months (Manulife.) RFD is full of threads that discuss these alternatives. There's no need to accept abuse from TING--or any other FI. It's your money.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 25, 2018
718 posts
1154 upvotes
Milton, ON
bylo wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 1:57 pm
So vote with your mouse. Other FIs are offering as much as 3.35% for 6 months (Manulife.) RFD is full of threads that discuss these alternatives. There's no need to accept abuse from TING--or any other FI. It's your money.
Already applied for the Manulife savings account. Smiling Face With Open Mouth