Hot Deals

[Tangerine Savings] Tangerine 2.75% Interest Rate 0ct 4 - December 31 [TARGETED]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 10:06 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2012
438 posts
257 upvotes
MONTR

[Tangerine Savings] Tangerine 2.75% Interest Rate 0ct 4 - December 31 [TARGETED]

I wasn't able to snap a picture at the moment, but this is what the email says.

Also, if you log in to your account, you should have the offer available in the savings sections, if you are eligible.

Dear *********,
Smart saving habits help you reach your financial goals faster. And, of course, a great interest rate helps, too. Now is a perfect time to put some money to work towards your goals, because new deposits to your Savings Account(s) can grow at a special interest rate of 2.75%*.
Grow Your Savings at 2.75% Interest This Fall
New deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s) will earn 2.75% interest from October 4 to December 31, 2017.
Reach Your Savings Goals Faster, However You Like
Earn your special interest rate and take advantage of your different savings options.
RSP Save for retirement — contributions to your RSP are tax-deductible and tax-deferred.**
TFSA Your money grows tax-free as long as you stay within your contribution limit.**
Savings Save as much as you like without having to worry about contribution limits.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Tangerine is a registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under licence.
Forward Banking is a registered trademark of Tangerine Bank.

* 2.75% interest rate Offer is calculated by adding the Bank's current applicable Posted Rate with the Additional Interest rate of 1.75%. The Offer is only applicable to Tangerine Savings Accounts, RSP Savings Accounts and Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Accounts ("Applicable Accounts") from October 4, 2017 to December 31, 2017. A number of the same type of Applicable Accounts is defined as an "Applicable Account Type". Additional Interest will apply to net new Eligible Deposits made between October 4, 2017 and December 31, 2017 of up to $500,000 per Applicable Account Type for Clients who have received this communication about the Offer directly from Tangerine. Clients must be the Primary Account Holder on the Applicable Account. The Offer does not apply to certain Account types, as outlined in the full Offer Terms and Conditions. The applicable Posted Rate and the Additional Interest rate are annualized rates, calculated daily and paid monthly. Any Applicable Account closed prior to the payment of Additional Interest will forfeit any Additional Interest calculated during the month in which the Applicable Account is closed. This Offer and interest rates are subject to change without notice. Full Offer Terms and Conditions can be viewed by logging in online at tangerine.ca.

** Canada Revenue Agency contribution limits apply. Clients are responsible for ensuring that their contributions are within the maximum allowable amounts for savings to be tax-free and/or not over their contribution limits.
247 replies
Dec 4, 2008
285 posts
72 upvotes
...the new offer starts today? I thought it was tomorrow (as per this, for instance, new rates came out Oct 5th last year...).

RIP, was targeted, but have money already in Savings....
Last edited by sports1 on Oct 4th, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2009
24 posts
7 upvotes
How would someone become the target of these targeted rates? I'm currently bank with Tangerine but I didn't get an email.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2012
438 posts
257 upvotes
MONTR
sports1 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 12:15 pm
...the new offer starts today? I thought it was tomorrow.

RIP, was targeted, but have money already in Savings....
Try transferring out, to chequing, then transferring back in to savings 24 hours later perhaps ? Would that work my fellow rfders ?
Dec 4, 2008
285 posts
72 upvotes
kingkam92 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 12:17 pm
Try transferring out, to chequing, then transferring back in to savings 24 hours later perhaps ? Would that work my fellow rfders ?
I'm not sure that would work. From my account page:
Earn a Special Interest Rate on Your Savings

From October 4 to December 31, 2017 new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s) will earn 2.75%* interest.
How it Works

1. We’ll total up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA and RSP Savings Account(s) on October 3, 2017 to get your total balances per Account type
2. From October 4 to December 31, 2017 you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on October 3, 2017 (up to $500,000 per Account type)
3. The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate
Last edited by sports1 on Oct 4th, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 6, 2010
364 posts
110 upvotes
Ottawa
I haven't received the email either, but if you log in and check the rate in the Savings account, it mentions the 2.75% for me.
It's funny how there's another thread about the Tangerine lottery and how people are saying "%2.75! Not worth it!!!" and the few people in this thread seem to be glad/wanting the 2.75
Dec 10, 2013
38 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
I got this as well but I was hoping for well over 3% like their previous offer. Better than no offer I guess..
Dec 31, 2013
628 posts
283 upvotes
condo
Only got 2.20% on the Tangerine savings lottery this time...

This Fall, Rake in Some Savings with a Great Interest Rate
Earn a Special Interest Rate on Your Savings
From October 4, 2017 to December 31, 2017 new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s) will earn 2.20%* interest.
Last edited by tmonies on Oct 4th, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 1, 2010
522 posts
239 upvotes
Saw it in my Savings account. Glad I moved my money out earlier. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3805 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver
so can i transfer from my PCF Chq to Tangerine Chq then move to Tangerine Savings? Will that work?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1960 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know when the promo rate paid out? Is it the same time as you would normally get the interest applied?
Last edited by wwedx on Oct 4th, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2008
285 posts
72 upvotes
Is there any way to check what the the threshold is for new Savings to be eligible for the promo rate? " 2. From October 4 to December 31, 2017 you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on October 3, 2017 (up to $500,000 per Account type."

I had a few transactions in/out of my Savings account on Oct 3, I'm not sure at what point during the day Tangerine calculated my total balance....
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
1882 posts
388 upvotes
Kelowna
Logged in, my offer says: Earn 2.2% interest until December 31, 2017 on up to $500,000 in new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), RSP Savings Account(s) and Tax-Free Savings Account(s) made between October 4, 2017 and December 31, 2017.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

mallard13