Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

Tangerine 2.5% till Dec-17-2016 ++Existing Tangerine Clients (old money)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2016 8:55 am
Tags:
Nov 30, 2002
559 posts
66 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
I told him it felt like a quiz, and he kind of stifled a giggle and then kept talking from the script. I tried telling him about the amount of money, that it was coming from Zag, didn't help.. It did feel very pythonesque :D
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3793 posts
2617 upvotes
Montreal
Personally I find these targeted offers ridiculous and it makes me want to move all of my cash when I don't get what the average Joe is getting.

I'm sure many others feel the same way. Good way to lose loyal clients and attract the wrong type of people.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1718 posts
1755 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
I didn't get any of those targeted offers from Tangerine anyway, so I never put my money in my Tangerine account
Mar 7, 2011
231 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
I said it was emergency fund + house down payment saving. They said no offers/promotions at the moment. I told them straight up: "I know you can offer 2.5% as others have been getting it - either offer it or I walk, fed up with tangerine gaming their customers."

2 mins later they offered me the 2.5%. so perhaps try being firm with them.
Banned
Sep 22, 2016
3 posts
kevdanga wrote: Thanks OP. Was getting 2%. Called in, they offered 2.5% on all my money. Noice.
were you already on a 2 % special offer and they still gave you 2.5 % ? or you had no offer and were on 0.8 %

I am on 2 % till November, not sure if they can or will change it to 2.5 %, if I call in.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2967 posts
1984 upvotes
Edmonton
Rfdsoccermom wrote:
kevdanga wrote: Thanks OP. Was getting 2%. Called in, they offered 2.5% on all my money. Noice.
were you already on a 2 % special offer and they still gave you 2.5 % ? or you had no offer and were on 0.8 %

I am on 2 % till November, not sure if they can or will change it to 2.5 %, if I call in.
We were on 2% and they changed to 2.5% for us earlier this week.....
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
frankmp wrote:
Rfdsoccermom wrote:

We were on 2% and they changed to 2.5% for us earlier this week.....
Yeah same.
Jun 7, 2008
348 posts
30 upvotes
I am on 0.8%, what should i say if i want to call them to get 2.5%?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29135 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
keroma wrote: I am on 0.8%, what should i say if i want to call them to get 2.5%?
Tell them you've been offered 2.25% at President's Choice Financial.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 8, 2008
337 posts
75 upvotes
York
Just called in and asked for it and received 2.5%. They did ask me if I would leave if they didnt give it, and I said yes.

Not as good as 3.25, but still better than what I had before.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
called in and got approved, however.. should i tx all my money now or.. wait for the 3% on october 4th? maybe its on new balance only
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
For those of you being refused, be aware that (in my experience) getting the 2.5% requires having a bunch of money in a TNG account - it's a retention rate. I've gone through that twice now, they wouldn't give us the rate with low balances, we moved a bunch in, then they would give us the rate.

=aw
Oct 29, 2010
74 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
RRRhaire wrote: I said it was emergency fund + house down payment saving. They said no offers/promotions at the moment. I told them straight up: "I know you can offer 2.5% as others have been getting it - either offer it or I walk, fed up with tangerine gaming their customers."

2 mins later they offered me the 2.5%. so perhaps try being firm with them.
Chatted with their rep., said the same thing as you said but no luck.
Jun 10, 2015
715 posts
345 upvotes
I just chatted online with a rep and they said there was no offers/promotions at this time and to keep a look for them in the future. After mentioning that I know there is a 2.5% offer going on, they said "Unfortunately, I've checked with my support team, and this is a targeted offer as such we can't apply it to you. I appreciate your feedback and will forward to my marketing team for future considerations."
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
for those who dont have 2.5%, it means you will be targetted for the upcoming promotion on october 4-5.

while those who are will be SOL
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Mar 22, 2012
363 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
you can just take it out then and move it back in, counts as new money usually
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
L4cky wrote: for those who dont have 2.5%, it means you will be targetted for the upcoming promotion on october 4-5.

Is it for sure? I never got any similar offer from the emails before.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2162 posts
965 upvotes
Victoria
L4cky wrote: for those who dont have 2.5%, it means you will be targetted for the upcoming promotion on october 4-5.

How do you know this? Or are you guessing?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29135 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
It's all a guess at this point. If TING needs the money to lend to mortgagors et al, then they'll have to offer a higher-rate promo to get our deposits.
veni, vidi, Visa