[Tangerine] Tangerine 3% interest until May 31,2020 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 11:13 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7081 posts
1431 upvotes
Mont-Royal
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Don't be sad. Wife is always richer than husband.
Feminists should be complaining about why female isn't equal to men, they should be complaining about sharing the extra funds to their husband to make it equal.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5573 posts
2419 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
L4cky wrote: Feminists should be complaining about why female isn't equal to men, they should be complaining about sharing the extra funds to their husband to make it equal.
But still woman is not the one on the top of the chart now for rights.
LGBT>Woman>Man.
Man is still at the bottom of the food chain for sure.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jan 17th, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Aug 20, 2013
73 posts
51 upvotes
Edmonton
the advise here is complete nonsense.
your savings interest/GICs are taxed at your current tax bracket. You will inevitably lose money after accounting for inflation. (of course you will lose less than before)
putting your money in a balanced portfolio would not only generate more than 3%, but the capital gains are only half taxed, and you get dividend tax credits for the dividends you get.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1102 posts
198 upvotes
Think I might do this as well.

Just called in and the person I spoke to said "I guarantee you 110% that we do not have a 3% offer". She was also certain there are no other promo offers, and said anyone who says they're getting it is a special targetted thing and there's no way to activate it unless you're targeted. I'm planning on having a balance of over 50k in with them and told them as such. Might try writing in to that email and see what they say.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5573 posts
2419 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Whatever offer they offer online is completely separated from those in store.
You will not be able to match it.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jul 24, 2019
330 posts
316 upvotes
Canada
dementia13 wrote: Think I might do this as well.

Just called in and the person I spoke to said "I guarantee you 110% that we do not have a 3% offer". She was also certain there are no other promo offers, and said anyone who says they're getting it is a special targetted thing and there's no way to activate it unless you're targeted. I'm planning on having a balance of over 50k in with them and told them as such. Might try writing in to that email and see what they say.
Did a live chat and they played the same game, saying they know nothing about the 3 per cent. When I discussed the Jan. deadline to apply and the May expiry date, 'Shannon's' tone changed.
Update: the client response group already responded with a form letter stating they are investigating :rolleyes:
Dec 31, 2008
399 posts
342 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
InvaIid wrote: So could someone tell an non-educated folk how this work? If I deposit 1000 and they offer 2.5%, that mean I will make 25$?
SomeOtherDude wrote: Yea that's right. You earn $25 over 12 months.
But you'll get paid in monthly increments
You'll actually make a bit more since the interest is compounded every month. If my math is right you'll get $25.29.
Mar 26, 2015
189 posts
482 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Tokic_o wrote: Did your app also not have the fingerprint/face id login ability all of a sudden too? I have to manually type in my PIN on the app everytime now whereas before i enabled finger print login.... annoying.... not to mention my home screen also shows nothing for 15 seconds everytime i login on my computer
That's odd. I still authenticate with Touch ID when using the Tangerine app on my phone. Are you using Android? And specifically, a Samsung phone? And more specifically, the Samsung Galaxy S10?
The reason I ask is because I wonder if fingerprint authentication has been disabled due to the security issue with the Galaxy S10 allowing anyone to unlock the phone when a non-Samsung screen protector is used.
Nov 29, 2011
739 posts
752 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Called my "connection" at Tangerine Outbound Task force ... and they can't even offer this or anything close to this ...

The 2.5% rate I am getting there till Feb 25 or so ... - they can't even offer it currently ...

The best they can offer now is 2.3% actually ...

I told my contact jokingly: "Your elite Outbound Task force ... should be dismissed ... you should shut down doors and all go home...... :D

They replied to me if I have 1.5 Mil then they can "talk to me" and offer me ............ are you ready for this: ........ 2.5% .................. hahaha ... I don't have 1.5 mil :D
lol that's crazy. i called 3 weeks ago and got the same thing. what's the point of even talking to them? just move money out until their algo gets triggered
Jul 21, 2015
229 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can someone please clarify:

For the 50k+ offer, is the bonus interest paid on the whole sum, or only on X-50k where X is your combined amount, while the 50k only receives normal (non-bonus) interest?

I read the fine print in my offer twice and still not sure of it.