Toronto

[Tangerine] Tangerine: Become a new Client and earn upto $150

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 31, 2017
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
Tangerine has come up with an offer to provide you with upto $150 in bonus. The breakup is as below:
$25 for opening a Chequing account.
$25 for opening a Savings account.
$100 if you switch your payroll to the TNG Chequing account.
Plus 2.40% interest on your Savings account for the first 6 months.
GCR gives you $24 for either opening a Chequing or the Savings account

Conditions:
You must be a new client.
To open the Chequing and Savings account, you must use the code "2020" to avail the $25.
Switch your payroll until 31st Aug, 2017 and direct deposit for atleast three consecutive months to get $150.

EDIT:
Disclaimer:
† Full Account Terms and Conditions are available here. To earn the $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Savings Account, Tangerine RSP Savings Account, Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Account or Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by June 9th, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. The $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus is limited to the first 5,000 New Tangerine Clients to use the Orange Key “2020” between May 16, 2017 and June 9, 2017. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus per Client. Where two New Tangerine Clients open one joint account using the Orange Key “2020” only one (1) $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus will be paid to that account.

‡ Full Account Terms and Conditions are available here. To earn the $25 Chequing Account Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by August 31, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $25 Chequing Account Bonus per Client. For joint accounts only the person whose name appears first on the Bank statement (the “Primary Account Holder”) will be eligible to receive the $25 Chequing Account Bonus.

†† Full Account Terms and Conditions are available here. To earn the $25 Savings Account Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Savings Account, Tangerine RSP Savings Account or Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by August 31, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $25 Savings Account Bonus per Client. For joint accounts only the person whose name appears first on the Bank statement (the “Primary Account Holder”) will be eligible to receive the $25 Savings Account Bonus.

††† Full Offer Terms and Conditions are available here. To earn the $100 Payroll Bonus, which is available between May 16, 2017 and August 31, 2017, you must: (1) be a New Tangerine Client as of May 16, 2017, (2) have switched your first eligible payroll direct deposit by August 31st, 2017, (3) have subsequent payroll direct deposits continue for at least 3 consecutive months, and (4) satisfy all Offer Terms and Conditions. Only Clients who have never received a Bonus related to switching their payroll direct deposits are eligible for the $100 Bonus. Bonus(es) will be paid to the Client’s Tangerine Chequing Account in the subsequent month following the satisfaction of these conditions. The Offer will only be applicable to Tangerine Chequing Accounts where the eligible Client is the Primary Account Holder.

It seems like it is either you
1) Sign up using the Orange Key from a friend and get $50 (PM me if you need one) or signup using "2020" as the Orange Key and open both Savings and Chequing accounts to get $25 + $25.
2) If you sign up using "2020" you may be eligible for another $20 if you are with in the first 5000 customers to use it. (This point is unclear from the Disclaimer though).
Last edited by guptasulabh7 on May 18th, 2017 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
49 replies
Mar 25, 2006
863 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
guptasulabh7 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 11:49 am
Conditions:
You must be a new client.
That's the problem with Tangerine. not many people will be considered as new client. even if they had an account at ING Direct and closed it 10 years ago :( and you never get the promotional rate on saving accounts if you ever had an account with them.
Nov 26, 2003
483 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
OP, the code "2020" only gives you an extra $20, not $25 as indicated. Please update 1st post.

Thanks for the deal.
Last edited by eternity525 on May 18th, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're replying to people without quoting them, it's no different than talking to yourself...
Aug 30, 2009
162 posts
58 upvotes
I haven't signed up with Tangerine yet. Is this worth doing, or will Tangerine possibly come up with another better deal?
If I dont move my payroll (too much hassle), is this still worth it?
Nov 26, 2003
483 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
SameerAlam wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:12 pm
I haven't signed up with Tangerine yet. Is this worth doing, or will Tangerine possibly come up with another better deal?
If I dont move my payroll (too much hassle)
, is this still worth it?
Is this worth doing?
ask yourself this question. Do you like free money?

will Tangerine possibly come up with another better deal?
I have a backlog of people trying to borrow my time machine, but I'll certainly add your name to it and let you know when it's available.

If I dont move my payroll (too much hassle)
filling out a piece of paper and handing it to HR just to get $100!? forget it, totally not worth it IMO...
If you're replying to people without quoting them, it's no different than talking to yourself...
Jan 7, 2013
3 posts
VICTORIA
I'm new to this, so curious to ask - what's GCR? and where can I get an Orange key from?
Mar 3, 2009
886 posts
33 upvotes
Thanks for the info OP! Now that I get monthly fees at scotia as im no longer a student, this will pay me back the last few months and then some!
Boom Boom Pow!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4060 posts
368 upvotes
Mississauga
gcr gives the $24 for either account... not $24 each unless you open 2 different tangerine accounts
Mar 12, 2017
4 posts
I receive my pay check in person. Does anyone know if I can get that 100$ if I deposit the pay check myself? Or does it have to be only a direct deposit?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
2645 posts
257 upvotes
does GCR stack with referral bonus from an existing client?
2x Zoomer $36 for 2GB and unlimited call
1x Fido $34 for 2GB w/ unlimited Can Wide and spotify
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
2431 posts
781 upvotes
leolozon wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:34 pm
I receive my pay check in person. Does anyone know if I can get that 100$ if I deposit the pay check myself? Or does it have to be only a direct deposit?
I believe it has to be a recurrent direct deposit. Does your company not offer direct deposit?
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6382 posts
1923 upvotes
Markham
Shower thought: posting "no referrals allowed" is in itself a referral solicitation.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Nov 26, 2003
483 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
libraCDN wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:25 pm
I'm new to this, so curious to ask - what's GCR? and where can I get an Orange key from?
GCR is Great Canadian Rebates, put GCR into google and it's the 1st link there. They pay you to sign up for services through them.

Orange Keys are from existing Tangerine clients, it's used as a referral system. Please ask your real life friends/family and not here because it's not allowed.
Apr 5, 2016
135 posts
72 upvotes
BC
bingo_jake wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:03 pm
That's the problem with Tangerine. not many people will be considered as new client. even if they had an account at ING Direct and closed it 10 years ago :( and you never get the promotional rate on saving accounts if you ever had an account with them.
Is it confirmed that if you had an ING Direct account prior to the acquisition by Scotia Bank and renaming to Tangerine?
Here ( TANGERINE) it indicates that it's no longer affiliated at all - so essentially an account with ING would not have been an account with Tangerine.
- See "What is the nature of Tangerine’s relationship with Scotiabank in Canada?"
Where are the details on what a "new client" is?
Koodo Zoomer Tangerine
[OP]
Feb 19, 2013
196 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
eternity525 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:10 pm
OP, the code "2020" only gives you an extra $20, not $25 as indicated. Please update 1st post.

Thanks for the deal.
In the link i provided on Tangerine's website. It is mentioned that $25 will be awarded if you put in the key "2020".
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel