• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 12:42 am
Nov 26, 2003
502 posts
739 upvotes
Toronto
guptasulabh7 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:13 pm
In the link i provided on Tangerine's website. It is mentioned that $25 will be awarded if you put in the key "2020".
Copied from the disclaimer from the link you provided:

To earn the $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Savings Account, Tangerine RSP Savings Account, Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Account or Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by June 9th, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. The $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus is limited to the first 5,000 New Tangerine Clients to use the Orange Key “2020” between May 16, 2017 and June 9, 2017. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus per Client. Where two New Tangerine Clients open one joint account using the Orange Key “2020” only one (1) $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus will be paid to that account.

Maybe read it again?
If you're replying to people without quoting them, it's no different than talking to yourself...
Oct 7, 2016
788 posts
420 upvotes
Anyone know off hand if having a CC with them makes you a client? Or can anyone please link the terms and conditions?
Koodo: $25 unlimited talk & text
Zoomer: $36 400 daytime minutes, unlimited evenings/weekends/text & 2gb LTE
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Mar 25, 2006
872 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
ChiliPalmer wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:54 pm
Is it confirmed that if you had an ING Direct account prior to the acquisition by Scotia Bank and renaming to Tangerine?
Here ( TANGERINE) it indicates that it's no longer affiliated at all - so essentially an account with ING would not have been an account with Tangerine.
- See "What is the nature of Tangerine’s relationship with Scotiabank in Canada?"
Where are the details on what a "new client" is?
yes, that's happened to me, I had an ING Direct account in 2005 and they said they would not consider me as new client and as a result I will not get any benefit of new clients or any special rates :(

anyways, you may try to create a new account, and if you get an error during your SIN number validation, it means they have you in their database as a client and you are not a new client.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15495 posts
943 upvotes
eternity525 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:52 pm
Orange Keys are from existing Tangerine clients, it's used as a referral system. Please ask your real life friends/family and not here because it's not allowed.
In all fairness the afaik the rule is only enforced when someone is asking people to use their referral.

If someone posts asking for one the mods usually let it slide since there's a lot more people wanting than asking.
CoolDudeClan wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:40 pm
I believe it has to be a recurrent direct deposit. Does your company not offer direct deposit?
That's a shame. I get a paper check as well. Even if direct deposit was an option I'd feel safer "easing into" online banking only without entrusting my check to it right away.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Apr 5, 2016
143 posts
76 upvotes
BC
bingo_jake wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:29 pm
yes, that's happened to me, I had an ING Direct account in 2005 and they said they would not consider me as new client and as a result I will not get any benefit of new clients or any special rates :(

anyways, you may try to create a new account, and if you get an error during your SIN number validation, it means they have you in their database as a client and you are not a new client.
That's pretty crazy.
Koodo Zoomer Tangerine
Sep 20, 2008
945 posts
333 upvotes
eternity525 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:17 pm
Copied from the disclaimer from the link you provided:

To earn the $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Savings Account, Tangerine RSP Savings Account, Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Account or Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by June 9th, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. The $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus is limited to the first 5,000 New Tangerine Clients to use the Orange Key “2020” between May 16, 2017 and June 9, 2017. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus per Client. Where two New Tangerine Clients open one joint account using the Orange Key “2020” only one (1) $20 Cash Anniversary Bonus will be paid to that account.

Maybe read it again?
Copied from the disclaimer from the link he provided:

To earn the $25 Chequing Account Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by August 31, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $25 Chequing Account Bonus per Client. For joint accounts only the person whose name appears first on the Bank statement (the “Primary Account Holder”) will be eligible to receive the $25 Chequing Account Bonus.

To earn the $25 Savings Account Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Savings Account, Tangerine RSP Savings Account or Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by August 31, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $25 Savings Account Bonus per Client. For joint accounts only the person whose name appears first on the Bank statement (the “Primary Account Holder”) will be eligible to receive the $25 Savings Account Bonus.

Maybe keep reading??
Sep 20, 2008
945 posts
333 upvotes
I don't see anywhere to put the "2020" code. Am I missing something?
Banned
May 17, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
D168 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:41 pm
Put it where the Orange Key goes :)
Aug 8, 2015
692 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
D168 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:41 pm
2020 is a generic Orange Key from Tangerine
Sep 30, 2009
73 posts
7 upvotes
Am i consider an existing client if I never opened a saving/chequing account with Tangerine, but a customer of their Tangerine mastercard? Will i be eligble for this promtion as well?
Mar 12, 2017
8 posts
CoolDudeClan wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:40 pm
I believe it has to be a recurrent direct deposit. Does your company not offer direct deposit?
It's weird in 2017, but no it doesn't.

Kind of a shame. I wanted to switch to Tangerine, the 100$ would have been nice.
Nov 26, 2003
502 posts
739 upvotes
Toronto
D168 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:38 pm
Copied from the disclaimer from the link he provided:

To earn the $25 Chequing Account Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Chequing Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by August 31, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $25 Chequing Account Bonus per Client. For joint accounts only the person whose name appears first on the Bank statement (the “Primary Account Holder”) will be eligible to receive the $25 Chequing Account Bonus.

To earn the $25 Savings Account Bonus, you must become a New Tangerine Client using the Orange Key “2020” and successfully open your first Tangerine Savings Account, Tangerine RSP Savings Account or Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Account with a minimum initial deposit of $100 by August 31, 2017. Accounts are deemed successfully opened when you have satisfied the Account Terms and Conditions and the Account is without restrictions. Bonus deposits will be made to your first opened Tangerine Account within thirty days of Account opening. Limit of one (1) $25 Savings Account Bonus per Client. For joint accounts only the person whose name appears first on the Bank statement (the “Primary Account Holder”) will be eligible to receive the $25 Savings Account Bonus.

Maybe keep reading??
so you've totally ignored the additional $20? ok then lol
If you're replying to people without quoting them, it's no different than talking to yourself...
Sep 11, 2015
74 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
xzero3631 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 2:05 pm
Am i consider an existing client if I never opened a saving/chequing account with Tangerine, but a customer of their Tangerine mastercard? Will i be eligble for this promtion as well?
I believe so yes, worth calling them about it.
Last edited by josh58 on May 18th, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 11, 2015
74 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Tangerine is no fee, so even if you don't plan on using them, worth it to just open an account for the bonus.
  • Open the accounts at Tangerine
  • write a cheque to yourself for $100 from your current bank
  • download the tangerine app, take a picture deposit of said cheque
  • wait 5 days for cheque to clear and collect bonus
  • transfer back to original bank that's now linked to your Tangerine from when you took picture of the cheque
Jul 20, 2016
389 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
I've opened an account couple of months back, and it was alright, got 50 from Orange Key (it was 50 till April) + 24 from GCR; Then asked my wife to open one with my key, and I got another 50, She got 50 + 24 from GCR;
We got $198 just for opening an account and put $100 on each account. I just put some savings there (as we got that 2.4 APR) and been working fine.

Good deal, but I might move my savings away once those 2.4 promotional expires...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)