Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

Tangerine Savings Accounts special interest rate until Nov 30, 2019 (YMMV?)

Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9134 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
profile wrote: I have never received an offer unless I phoned and ask for it.
May be worth trying.
Nope, not trying anymore.
Like you and other people on this thread, I'm not calling in to "beg" for a promo interest rate.
IF Tangerine wants clients to keep $$ in their SAvings Account, Tangerine should offer the same promo interest rate to EVERYONE. Not pick and choose who gets gets what %.
Ever since Scotia bought out ING Direct, it's been a slippery slide downhill for Tangerine.
😎
Feb 14, 2004
264 posts
106 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Twice got offered only 1.6%. Transfering out of Tangerine now...
Jan 21, 2014
56 posts
13 upvotes
I referred my husband and parents to Tangerine. They all got the 2.75% email. I didn't. I called and inquired about the situation and was told there's nothing they can do. What a nice way to reward the person who brought them the new clients. I'm so done with them.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9134 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
motherapy wrote: I referred my husband and parents to Tangerine. They all got the 2.75% email. I didn't. I called and inquired about the situation and was told there's nothing they can do. What a nice way to reward the person who brought them the new clients. I'm so done with them.
Yup, Tangerine prefers to reward NEW clients, rather than KEEP existing clients.
😎
Mar 14, 2015
2 posts
Thornhill, ON
Never got an email this time (did get one in the last round).
here's what happened:
1. Called in, ask for promote rate. Nope. best is 2% or the 3.1% 1yr GIC. No take, thank you and hang up.
2. Called in again, different person, ask to help to Transfer all $ to EQ. She inquired on reason and just mention EQ's current rate. She asked me to hold and she went to check if there's anything she can do. After listening for about 15 mins of ugly music she came back..3.15% till 03/19.

So draw your own conclusion how to do it. YMMV.
Last edited by louiep83 on Dec 3rd, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
No offer here. Maybe I'll threaten to move funds to simplii if I get a better rate.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1730 posts
2632 upvotes
Tangerine offered me 3.0% for six months after I transferred some funds to Simplii. Not sure if I should accept the Tangerine offer in case they have a big new offer higher than 3% for everyone on January 1st?
Jan 3, 2013
919 posts
475 upvotes
Mississauga
My son received a call from Tangerine 2 days ago offering him 3% for 6 months on savings account. He said he would think about it. The CSR asked him if the reason he moved his money to CIBC in Oct was due to the higher interest rate and he said yes. The CSR said that he can offer him 3.1% for 180 days if he brings that money back, so son agreed because CIBC's promo ends Mar 31. When discussing TFSA the CSR said he can't offer anything on the regular account but can offer a 1 year GIC TFSA at 3.25%. However this offer still doesn't appear for him online so will have to call back to confirm.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3945 posts
2931 upvotes
Markham
looking4deals1 wrote: My son received a call from Tangerine 2 days ago offering him 3% for 6 months on savings account. He said he would think about it. The CSR asked him if the reason he moved his money to CIBC in Oct was due to the higher interest rate and he said yes. The CSR said that he can offer him 3.1% for 180 days if he brings that money back, so son agreed because CIBC's promo ends Mar 31. When discussing TFSA the CSR said he can't offer anything on the regular account but can offer a 1 year GIC TFSA at 3.25%. However this offer still doesn't appear for him online so will have to call back to confirm.
If it was me, I would not have agreed to 3.1% esp since they only offer 3% initially. On top of that, 3.1 not even match Simplii 3.15 even tho its good till Jun. There are better option elsewhere...
Jan 3, 2013
919 posts
475 upvotes
Mississauga
savemoresaveoften wrote: If it was me, I would not have agreed to 3.1% esp since they only offer 3% initially. On top of that, 3.1 not even match Simplii 3.15 even tho its good till Jun. There are better option elsewhere...
Well he doesn't have a Simplii acct and not worth it for an extra .05% since that promo expires end of Feb.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4190 posts
5288 upvotes
on the links!
looking4deals1 wrote: My son received a call from Tangerine 2 days ago offering him 3% for 6 months on savings account. He said he would think about it. The CSR asked him if the reason he moved his money to CIBC in Oct was due to the higher interest rate and he said yes. The CSR said that he can offer him 3.1% for 180 days if he brings that money back, so son agreed because CIBC's promo ends Mar 31. When discussing TFSA the CSR said he can't offer anything on the regular account but can offer a 1 year GIC TFSA at 3.25%. However this offer still doesn't appear for him online so will have to call back to confirm.
I received a similar call after I had moved my $$$ out to RBC and Simplii. Tang's 1st offer was 3.1% for 120 days which I pointed out was LESS than RBC (3.15% for 6 months); he then bumped it to 180 days, so I accepted. There was an expectation that I would move some funds back immediately, but the offer wasn't contingent on any minimum amount...so I plan to wait until both the Simplii and RBC offers expire before I move the bulk of the funds back.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
Is it possible to push funds from Tangerine savings account to Simplii savings account ?

Can I do without a Simplii chequing account?
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3463 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
Getting tired of this lottery. Thinking of Simplii now that they have a CC. Deciding on if I want to keep my accounts on Tang or move over, I like having everything in 1 place.
Sep 14, 2015
49 posts
29 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
I think they will give people offers depending on how much they have in their account. I don't think if bubba goes and asks for a rate for his 10k that they'd bother with an offer. Not asking people how much they were moving out or anything but I think they take that in consideration as well.

I'm in the process of transferring it to EQ. Let's see if they come begging. I'm tired of Tangerine and their promo offers. Either offer it to everyone or not.
Sep 18, 2012
3 posts
SCARBOROUGH
Webhead wrote: Yup, Tangerine prefers to reward NEW clients, rather than KEEP existing clients.
ME TOO. tangerine online staff are suck, they still think they were the only online bank in the world. they only offer to "new customer"not "loyal "
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know what number the Tangerine calls come from? If you don't answer will they leave you a message to call them back?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2556 posts
823 upvotes
steeldg wrote: 2.75% for me. "You could earn up to 2.75% interest from December 01, 2018 to November 30, 2019 on balances of up to $500,000*."
I received the offer in my settings/bonsus&Contests. But there's nothing that says 'click here' to enroll. Am I automatically enrolled ?
Oct 26, 2004
228 posts
72 upvotes
H9S 2C3
sylvestor2002 wrote: I received the offer in my settings/bonsus&Contests. But there's nothing that says 'click here' to enroll. Am I automatically enrolled ?
I believe you are automatically enrolled.
You’ll be able to view your special rates in the ‘Account Details’ section of your Savings Account(s) starting on December 1, 2018.
May 14, 2015
297 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I remember in the last few years, we had to move all the money from savings to chequing in December in order to get a 2.4% promo rate in January’s first week for both savings and TFSA.
Did the same thing again last week but no offer yet!
Should I just chat them up and accept the 1.6% that they usually offer on savings only or wait a few more days?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)