Personal Finance

Tangerine's new website SUCKS! Any way to revert back?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 8:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1326 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto

Tangerine's new website SUCKS! Any way to revert back?

As the title says, the new website layout is horrendous. Does anybody know of a way to revert back to the previous design?
181 replies
Banned
Sep 24, 2017
46 posts
11 upvotes
Yup new website is horrible, but very soon they will force it on you whether you like it or not.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15943 posts
1853 upvotes
The new site is unusable ...

Everything is too large, it must have been designed by some kid on a 5K Retina iMac... and not on a monitor with a mainstream resolution.
Jul 2, 2015
171 posts
49 upvotes
OTTAWA,ON
Another Tangerine disaster competing with the credit card reversal.

It certainly wasn't designed for a laptop, far too much searching, page after page. :rolleyes:
Oct 19, 2016
370 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
LOL agreed way too large.

Its like they designed it for Kids or Retired old people...When their actual market is in between those ages.

coolspot wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 3:14 am
The new site is unusable ...

Everything is too large, it must have been designed by some kid on a 5K Retina iMac... and not on a monitor with a mainstream resolution.
Mar 3, 2009
622 posts
152 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I could try to live with the new layout, but some of the functionality is gone.

On the old site, when I view the Mastercard account, it would show my transactions for the current billing period, so I could have an idea of how much I had spent. Now it shows my transactions for the last 30 days, which is useless.

I wonder if they actually asked people what they wanted / needed or if they had some 20 year old graphic designer that just wanted a project.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3808 posts
728 upvotes
Halifax
I really like the new site.

The old one worked well. The new one feels a tad slow, but overall I really like it.

Now talk about bad redesigns...look at RBCs old vs new site. Whoever designed that should have been fired.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9103 posts
3203 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm so tired of everything being dumbed down to cater to idiots.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2073 posts
476 upvotes
you know what I could not find with the new site? the total interest you have earned since becoming Tangerine/ING client. Where did that one go? it was on the first page of the old site after you log in
Jun 6, 2009
757 posts
143 upvotes
Montréal
New website designs always suck. But over time, people get used to them and after a few years when they get redesigned again, people complain that the new design SUCKS and that the old one was so much better!

It reminds me of my aunt who still runs Windows XP because Windows 7 and 10 are "too complicated".
Last edited by epiphano on Sep 26th, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2740 posts
145 upvotes
Funny how people hate change, give it a few months you'll get over it

I dont like either, but ill get used to it
Hello
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1326 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
epiphano wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:39 am
New website designs always suck. But over time, people get used to them and after a few years when they get redesigned again, people complain that the new design SUCKS and that the old one was so much better!

It reminds me of my aunt who still runs Windows XP because Windows 7 and 10 are "too complicated".
ilusa wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:45 am
Funny how people hate change, give it a few months you'll get over it

I dont like either, but ill get used to it
I adjust to change just fine. This isn't a case of that but rather that the new design is unusable. Everything is WAY too big, it isn't intuitive, some functionality is gone, and every new version should improve on the first one but I see absolutely nothing where that is the case!

There was nothing wrong with having everything in a concise left-sided menu! Now, it's made for the ADHD crowd running 4K monitors, apparently. It doesn't even look serious but more like what you'd see a blogger use as a layout. A total disaster.