Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 14, 2006
904 posts
250 upvotes
Coquitlam

[Target] Apple iPad Air 16gb, $499 + $40 gift card

For those looking for an IPAD AIR 16GB it is on sale at Target starting May 2 at $499 with a $40 Target gift card. Staples has a 2 day 10% sale starting May 2 at $467 ($519 x 90%), but the stores that I called yesterday to check on inventory seemed to as of yesterday only have 1 or 2 in stock so there is no guarantee they will have any stock in when the sales starts tomorrow. Best Buy has a 1 day $479 sale May 1 for the IPAD.

I bought my IPAD last week for $499 at Best Buy and may just go back and price match it at $479 instead of returning it and trying to buy a cheaper unit at Target or Staples........
27 replies
Apr 15, 2009
588 posts
201 upvotes
waiting for ipad air from target with $100 gift card.
They've done it twice.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39507 posts
5842 upvotes
King City
The GC can't be used on the iPad Air at the time of purchase? Or is it possible to "return" it for price protection or something and use the GC?

I think that if the GC can't be used on the iPad Air purchase, then it is not that hot of a deal IMHO.
Proud to be an Indian.
14181 posts
3232 upvotes
Black Friday and Boxing Day, the biggest days of the year? Wait until November :lol:
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
[OP]
Mar 14, 2006
904 posts
250 upvotes
Coquitlam
I wish I could wait until another Black Friday $100 gift card deal from Target but my wife's birthday is in May :D
Feb 27, 2009
870 posts
320 upvotes
NCR
One day sale today at Bestbuy. Ipads "upto $50 off". Ipad Air 16 GB is listed at $479.99 today.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/fl ... aleiPad_en

I do wonder though, if you're able to find one at Staples, how likely you are to use the 10% customer appreciation coupon AND get a $40 GC (to match Target). So you could get the Ipad Air for $499 + 10% off = $449.99 + $40 GC.

According to Staples price guarantee "If our competitor has a bonus offer with an item that we carry, we will match the competitor’s price and provide the identical bonus item where possible. If our competitor offers a free gift card with an item that we carry, we will match the competitor’s price and provide the same valued gift card. We do not match tender, such as gift card discounts, with our competitors."

Has anyone tried?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4904 posts
819 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
May 1st, 2014 10:19 am
The GC can't be used on the iPad Air at the time of purchase? Or is it possible to "return" it for price protection or something and use the GC?

I think that if the GC can't be used on the iPad Air purchase, then it is not that hot of a deal IMHO.
I don't think you can do that but if I remember correctly, they had gas gift cards, which is as good as cash to many ppl in terms of what to use the target gift card for
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4102 upvotes
Ottawa
Decisions decisions decisions...

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tablets/news/ip ... yst-506833

According to a research note from KGI's Ming-Chi Kuo, obtained by AppleInsider, Apple is expected to feature its Touch ID fingerprint sensor on the next models of the iPad. The new models of the iPad Air and iPad mini are also predicted to launch a bit earlier this time around, compared to the iPad Air in November last year.

The next generation of the iPad tablets is expected to run on the Apple A8 processor, and feature an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera.

Kuo in the research note mentioned that information came from sources that suggest the Cupertino company will be using a combination of product refreshes and price adjustments to drive 'moderate growth' in its tablet segment.

Not that I care about these marginal upgrades. I never lock my ipad currently so no need for Touch ID. I have it on my phone and get static discharges on it every day. Processor upgrade meh. Camera? Never use it to take pics... Skype/Facetime only so rear facing is useless to me.

I'm just curious what the price for the Air will look like if the Air 2 is released cheaper than the current Air.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12101 posts
22410 upvotes
Scarborough
djemzine wrote:

It's a big YMMV on them applying the GC to the purchase you're making. I've been lucky and they usually just apply it directly to the same purchase.

As a regular Target shopper this is a pretty good deal. If you never shop there, then it's just ok.
Cas77 wrote:
May 1st, 2014 10:39 am
I'm just curious what the price for the Air will look like if the Air 2 is released cheaper than the current Air.
I'd be shocked if Apple reduced the price for the Air 2. I'd put my money on them just following their regular pattern for new releases.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Banned
Aug 12, 2010
4875 posts
148 upvotes
djemzine wrote:

You get a GC for buying the thing. They might as well just give the GCs away to everyone if you could use it when purchasing.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1199 posts
214 upvotes
ORLEANS
Ok deal if you also use target credit card?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2821 posts
1565 upvotes
Canadia
If you have a Target Red debit card, you save an additional 5%. That brings the price down to $476.18+tax+enviro fee less the $40 GC (which my wife can most certainly use).
Oct 2, 2011
939 posts
281 upvotes
Edmonton
No you can't use the gift card towards the purchase...that's the WHOLE POINT of this...to get you to buy something else at target and spend more money. Its as good as cash...just buy some toilet paper or groceries or something!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4302 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
Cas77 wrote:
May 1st, 2014 10:39 am
Decisions decisions decisions...

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tablets/news/ip ... yst-506833

According to a research note from KGI's Ming-Chi Kuo, obtained by AppleInsider, Apple is expected to feature its Touch ID fingerprint sensor on the next models of the iPad. The new models of the iPad Air and iPad mini are also predicted to launch a bit earlier this time around, compared to the iPad Air in November last year.

The next generation of the iPad tablets is expected to run on the Apple A8 processor, and feature an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera.

Kuo in the research note mentioned that information came from sources that suggest the Cupertino company will be using a combination of product refreshes and price adjustments to drive 'moderate growth' in its tablet segment.

Not that I care about these marginal upgrades. I never lock my ipad currently so no need for Touch ID. I have it on my phone and get static discharges on it every day. Processor upgrade meh. Camera? Never use it to take pics... Skype/Facetime only so rear facing is useless to me.

Still waiting for the iPad Pro. End of 2014? WTH!!
Board games!!!!