Target no longer price matching/ Moving Starbucks stuff to floor

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2015 2:01 am
[OP]
Feb 5, 2013
171 posts
40 upvotes

Target no longer price matching/ Moving Starbucks stuff to floor

According to this, the Starbucks stuff didn't get trashed like that other thread said. (Unless they just trashed the food?)

Also, in case anyone was wondering, there will be no price matching during the liquidation. (I have no idea how reliable this link is.)

[url]http://*****.ca/target-canada-updates-no-longer-price-matching/[/url]

Edit:
I guess I can't say smart canucks here... :(
Target have not yet announced store closings and official liquidation has not started, but they have made some changes in stores. Stores are no longer price-matching and many stores are already saying items are final sale. Some forum users mentioned that staff have said gift cards will not be accepted after February 1st despite their original promise to accept gift cards through liquidation.

They have also closed Starbucks in all Target stores. If you love Starbucks mugs and other items, they have been moved into the store so watch for them once liquidation starts!
11 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4809 posts
976 upvotes
London
No gift cards accepted after Feb 1 too. Damn, I need to buy something quick with my $120 GC.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5107 posts
3535 upvotes
Vancouver
spham wrote:
Jan 25th, 2015 6:54 pm
No gift cards accepted after Feb 1 too. Damn, I need to buy something quick with my $120 GC.
Wow that's shady. Didn't they just give out gift cards with the Ipad minis? And now they won't accept them after Feb 1st?
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1491 posts
631 upvotes
spham wrote:
Jan 25th, 2015 6:54 pm
Where did you read this as it states on their website you can use them right through the liquidation period.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4322 posts
6627 upvotes
Ontario
http://www.target.ca/en/support/gift-cards

No updates on changes to the gift cards.
I'd consider any news via team members to have a high degree of reliability.

Creditors will be in line to score some of the Target money when liquidators run the stores.

@spham -stock up on Old El Paso taco kits ($2.99), 2 for $7 pop cases and other munchies for Super Bowl. Get some nice home decor and your $120 is spent.
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4809 posts
976 upvotes
London
bigphil26 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2015 8:00 pm
Where did you read this as it states on their website you can use them right through the liquidation period.
In the link the OP put up it says some staff members have said that. And I know Target said they would still honour gift cards, but their word means nothing to me considering their company will cease to exist very soon. I'm going to use it ASAP and would rather not take the risk. Besides, more stock is available now to choose from.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25846 posts
11229 upvotes
Damn I was hoping it was syrups and stuff. I want to get my hands on the frap base because a friend likes their fraps and I'm curious to see if I can replicate it without having to spend $50 on eBay.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2153 posts
953 upvotes
Victoria
Honestly if I had a gift card I'd be using it now. Once they go into creditor protection all bets are off.
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
123 upvotes
Kitchener
You will be scammed if you don't use your gift cards NOW people!
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
776 upvotes
I can imagine Target's final sale on Jan 31: Get the equivalent value in Gift Cards for every dollar of your purchases. So buy $100, get $100 Gift Card.

In microscopic print: We no longer accept gift cards starting Feb 01.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2719 posts
748 upvotes
Montreal
yup reality is coming in fast, Starbucks was empty and cleared out at target such a sad corner to look at...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8117 posts
3236 upvotes
East York mofo!
some places stopped price matching, even though liquidation hasn't started yet.