Expired Hot Deals

[Target] Target: Sansa Clip Zip 4GB -- $19.99 (Clearance)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2015 11:11 pm
[OP]
Mar 18, 2010
204 posts
88 upvotes

[Target] Target: Sansa Clip Zip 4GB -- $19.99 (Clearance)

I found the Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 player on clearance at Target for $19.99 at Centerpoint Mall (Toronto). Key features is that it support most music formats (including FLACS), has an FM Tuner, microSD card slot that's upgradeable to 32GB and a colour display. Colours available were Black, White, Purple and Orange.

I bought one at FutureShop on Boxing day for $19.99 and it's still going strong. The sound quality is extremely good and the battery life lasts a long time too.

ImageImage

Reference:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SanDisk+-+S ... b=overview
http://www.sandisk.com/products/music-v ... /clip-zip/

agent86 found this for $11.99 at East York Town Centre. I was able to price match it for the same price at a different locatiion.
Please thank him for saving you an additional $8.00 + tax.
281 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15909 posts
1268 upvotes
GTA West
I have one of these and it's quite a competent MP3 player.

Though be warned that if you are using MicroSDHC, the battery life is considerably weaker.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Jan 18, 2008
95 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
These are amazing, just make sure you ditch the standard UI and Rockbox it.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15909 posts
1268 upvotes
GTA West
I should point out here that Sandisk has released a new revision of the "Clip" every other August for the past 6 years. We were due for another one last month, and I was wondering if they decided to not refresh it... maybe it's just a little late?

August 2007 - Clip (Original)
August 2009 - Clip+
August 2011 - Clip Zip
August 2013 - ????
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Jun 3, 2012
805 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
I have the clip plus and it's incredible for the gym. My earphone jack has become loose though so the cable won't stay in! Is it possible to pm best buy or is this store specific?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8191 posts
969 upvotes
It's not advertised online (re: PM question), but our local store has lots too, at this clearance price. Another store could call Target to confirm. The way our target has been dumping clearance prices, going to wait a week or so and see what more savings i can get
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Oct 7, 2005
87 posts
154 upvotes
Moncton
This is a pretty good MP3 player and at this price you can't go wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8191 posts
969 upvotes
How easy is it to install ROckbox? I am reading the posts at their own site, but most of what I am reading thus far is very technical.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 24, 2004
429 posts
142 upvotes
Picked one up at Target the other day to replace my ailing Fuze +. Nice little unit, 40GB with the expansion card in and super lightweight. I like the small size- I don't want to watch movies on it, just listen to my FLAC files.

Good MP3 players are getting quite rare, replaced by smartphones I suppose...
My PC: Asus P8Z68-V Pro mobo ; Intel Core i7-2700k @5.0Ghz ; 16GB Corsair Vengenace LP 1.35V DDR3-1600 RAM ; PC Power & Cooling 750W Quad Crossfire edition PSU; NXZT Phantom White case ; 250GB Samsung 850 EVO(boot drive), 1TB WD Caviar Black ; Dual 960GTX cards in SLI ; Logitech G9X gaming mouse.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
they have these on sale in the U.S. all the time, so good thing we finally have it on sale here.
Fenian wrote:
Sep 21st, 2013 1:36 pm
Picked one up at Target the other day to replace my ailing Fuze +. Nice little unit, 40GB with the expansion card in and super lightweight. I like the small size- I don't want to watch movies on it, just listen to my FLAC files.

Good MP3 players are getting quite rare, replaced by smartphones I suppose...
could such cheap MP3 players even do a good job playing FLAC's? don't you need a $100+ MP3 player just to notice a difference between FLAC and MP3?
May 19, 2013
371 posts
4466 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
Sep 21st, 2013 1:47 pm
they have these on sale in the U.S. all the time, so good thing we finally have it on sale here.

could such cheap MP3 players even do a good job playing FLAC's? don't you need a $100+ MP3 player just to notice a difference between FLAC and MP3?
Sansa DAPs are popular within the audiophile community because they contain a good DAC/decent amp at a low price. Whether or not you can hear the difference though depends on the person. FLAC vs 320kbps MP3 is a highly debated topic on whether most people would be able to tell the difference or not.

Thanks OP, might make my first trip to Target later and pick one up for working out. Just wondering, but does the Centerpoint Target have its own entrance?
Nov 23, 2009
818 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
feelinsupersonic wrote:
Sep 21st, 2013 12:04 pm
I have the clip plus and it's incredible for the gym. My earphone jack has become loose though so the cable won't stay in! Is it possible to pm best buy or is this store specific?
you can pull the pins(use a needle or some thin strong metal to do this) in to make it more secure sometimes it works. or you can try adding a little pice of tape to the inside top
[OP]
Mar 18, 2010
204 posts
88 upvotes
There are two locations. Originally they were located by the school supplies but the area has been converted for Halloween costumes. There is still a small box display with some Sandisk players in them. They moved the rest to the electronics area, there should be bunches of them hanging by the end cap.

Anonymous_ wrote:
Sep 21st, 2013 2:47 pm
how many are left in the centrepoint location?
[OP]
Mar 18, 2010
204 posts
88 upvotes
I just installed Rockbox. You will need the Rockbox utility and an older firmware found for the clip. Both can be found at: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS

I like the old interface but it takes a long time to bootup and takes forever to read the external microSD card when I add songs to it. The interface has a 'text' UNIX look but I think there is a skin to make it look like the original Sansa interface. You will have more control over the sound settings and a lot more features are available such as games and apps compared to the stock interface. Willing to give it a try, you can alway dual boot by holding power and left key to boot back to the original interface.

Thanks Adabisi.

jackass_ca wrote:
Sep 21st, 2013 1:23 pm
How easy is it to install ROckbox? I am reading the posts at their own site, but most of what I am reading thus far is very technical.
× < >